Has Glory already run out of steam? Can it be saved at this point?

iZacaree

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Snesh! said:

Yeah but you can't compare those masterpieces with any other song from Glory sweetie :tiffsmoke:

:excuseu: Can't wait for B10

There are plenty of songs in Glory so much better than Everytime tbh. And I don't dare to say Toxic. But, these songs are what they are thanks to the passing of time. 

I don't know I mean they don't have any idea of what is going to be the Second Sigle yet (so expect the Music Video of the 2nd Single on Late October) 

17 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Toxic and Everytime saved In The Zone, so yeah.

You know that MATM was a Hit outside the US right? You can't compared ITZ (Before Toxic) with Glory. But yeah she need a BIG Hit with the 2nd Single, in case she can't have a hit with the 2nd single the era is over I don't see RCA pushing anymore if the 2nd single don't made a huge impact. 

17 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

I think Glory has a chance of suceeding if the second single is well chosen (and has a good video)

I hope so! 

Just now, HotAsIce.ve said:

You know that MATM was a Hit outside the US right? You can't compared ITZ (Before Toxic) with Glory.

MATM was a "meh" single. Even moreso than Make Me. Her choreography was on point and Madonna was with her, riding the wave of the 2003 VMA kiss. That's the only difference here.

If single #2 is chosen correctly, with good choreo, and a good video; I can see it outperforming Toxic on the charts.

5 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

MATM was a "meh" single. Even moreso than Make Me. Her choreography was on point and Madonna was with her, riding the wave of the 2003 VMA kiss. That's the only difference here.

If single #2 is chosen correctly, with good choreo, and a good video; I can see it outperforming Toxic on the charts.

Even if Britney could manage to get one more top 10 single! She's been struggling to hit the top 10 for a while now.

4 minutes ago, -Brit Brit- said:

I think people just lost interest in her new career like she could sing live while doing a cartwheel naked while riding a horse and the gp wouldn't be there for it.:yaknow:

im personally grateful we got glory. Give me a few music videos and a few good performances and I'll be happy 

I guess that was kind of my original question - what does this mean for her career now? Should we just accept that she's entered into the "icon" phase of her career, and she's no longer a relevant pop-star?

Give it a good second, and third, and fourth single all with decent videos and some good promo and I think it could have longterm success.

Tbh, the lack of WAVES this album is creating thus far makes me lose faith in the gp, not the album. 

The fact that Glory was critically acclaimed upon its release makes me feel like this era could not be sufficiently labeled as a flop no matter what happens. I believe because of those reviews her team cannot justify not giving this album the 4-single treatment. 

The videos need  to be spot ******* on though, if britney isn't gonna do a tour or lots of late night talk shows/performances not in vegas to promote it. The videos need to carry this era. And  they shouldve known that with the first ******* single. Ah hem. 

31 minutes ago, lolo. said:

Again. I cannot compete with Toxic. I really doubt that someone saw Everytime iconic in 2004. We have to wait and see. Slave is not iconic for the song itself, the video, the choreo, the performances made it iconic and a fan fav. So let's wait to see what happens.

THIS! 

11 minutes ago, Onyx Guest said:

I hate to think this but sometimes I think that's reality :nydisgust:

The icons can get Hit Singles and Massive Albums tho. (Madonna and Hung Up) 

Britney missed the chance of made "Make Me" a big hit with that flop Music Video and with the late promotion (and lack of Promotion outside the US) 

49 minutes ago, MX3 said:

Give it a good second, and third, and fourth single all with decent videos and some good promo and I think it could have longterm success.

Tbh, the lack of WAVES this album is creating thus far makes me lose faith in the gp, not the album. 

The fact that Glory was critically acclaimed upon its release makes me feel like this era could not be sufficiently labeled as a flop no matter what happens. I believe because of those reviews her team cannot justify not giving this album the 4-single treatment. 

The videos need  to be spot ******* on though, if britney isn't gonna do a tour or lots of late night talk shows/performances not in vegas to promote it. The videos need to carry this era. And  they shouldve known that with the first ******* single. Ah hem. 

Her record label isn't going to allow for anymore single releases if the album doesn't do well, sales-wise. At this point, we would be lucky to get a second single. A third or fourth single is definitely pushing it.

53 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

I guess that was kind of my original question - what does this mean for her career now? Should we just accept that she's entered into the "icon" phase of her career, and she's no longer a relevant pop-star?

I think so. I mean every newew celebrity stans her pretty much (Ariana, tinashe, Gaga -tho she ain't that new, marina, Lana) and mention her as being an inspiration yet the gp doesn't care for what she does. I think she's at that place where she's made he impact she was meant to be made.... 

I think ink she still got a lot to offer and she's gonna win a lot of people over, but as far as the gp is concerned, she's not THAT ***** anymore 

Mte. It's like Britney Jean all over again. She had interviews everywhere during the first two weeks (glory had some performance at least), but soon after the album flopped, it's dead silence. Not having a big hope on apple and I heart radio at all. She'll most likely promote POM instead of Glory as per usual.

RIP Glory and RIP single 2.:idkney:

Archived