Has Glory already run out of steam? Can it be saved at this point?

iZacaree

Just now, broccoli_spears said:

They may try ONE more single, but that's pretty much gonna be it if it that doesn't sell and one more single is up in the air. She's a Vegas act. That's her bread and butter. Albums have no shelf life. Everyone knows that. If you don't hit it out of the park right at the start and get and keep hype, you're forced to move on. 

Ok you need to take a breath and relax 

if the next single and video is fire the album Will ride again

like lemonade and drakes album has 

glory is good and the more promo and releases the better 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mood Ring gives me more feels than Everytime tbh. 

Everytime is special, but it's really only super iconic because it has such well-known context with the Justin breakup, and the fact that it became a staple in her setlist/received the rarity of live vocals. Were she to perform a song like Mood Ring as aggressively, it would also gain that level of adoration, imo. 

And in terms of dance hits like Toxic, I could totally see If I'm Dancing going there if it got a powerful video *with a specific iconic cistume* and lots of radio play. Because it is a ******* bop!!!

Glory has way too many good songs for people to think its going to do bad.  :brityeah:

The way I see it: 

we usally get 4 singles with albums despite Britney Jean. They all don't have to come out so quickly give it time. The 2nd single should come out this year while the other 2 maybe 3 can stretch out 2017.  :yaknow:

They also need to be promoted strategically. Not just releasing it over night.  

Era might not do as well but we still need to give time.  :plzney:

wow, just because the gp doesn't appreciate it as much as the album deserves to, we're giving up on it, too? We'll get the next single right on time for the iheart and Apple performances, the performances will get a lot of views on yt which means promo & so Glory will probs sell a few thousand copies again.

And even if it drops out of the top 100, it's a great album that shows the direction Britney wants to go for musically, so I'm happy either way. :howiroll:

I can't at people saying there're no Toxic and Everytime-level songs on Glory.... :idkney: 

I saw it coming... people are like "OMG it's the best album ever" and 2 weeks after that - "nothing iconic about it", just because it doesn't chart as expected. Hypocrites much? :nobitch:

About being iconic, give it 3-4 years to see. Nobody counted Toxic as iconic back then. It was all about BOMT and Oops. It's her crazy WW promo she did that made her singles iconic. But I don't think they are either better or worse than the ones on Glory. Don't let chart positions reflect on your love for Glory and its amazing tracks. :xcuseme:

2 hours ago, SlayTheLights said:

All of a sudden Glory isn't iconic? :omg:

Watch, if it does flop, y'all gonna say you hated it:wannadie:

You're all stupid *****:arianabye:

I can't with these hypocrites.

Now let me just say something ,some of you are such little *****. This is just another reason why Britney should just do whatever pleases her because it's very clear no matter what she does anymore,she won't ever please this ADHD generation.

Yes her VMA performance wasn't iconic, but it wasn't terrible as a matter of fact it was the best of the night after Beyonce. Britney danced so good, her movements were fluid as hell, she actually bested her back up dancers 
Promo could be better but she's putting herself out there again. 

You got 2 major award show performances in 2016 first time since 2003 with a rumored AMA performance possible. 

Surely you can't be bored of the album as well. Britney is halfway through to entering her 4th decade as a popstar,adjust your expectations and enjoy what's happening because we're certainly not getting 9 more albums out of her. 

And yes,she really damaged her image and lost some of her fanbase. She has lots of work to do to rebound after Britney Jean and Pretty Girls. Few promo performances weren't gonna undo the damage.

FF era did damage, X-Factor, BJ, PG. Yes the Glory drop is severe but she hadn't done any promo in the 2nd and 3rd weeks to soften the blow..Outside of fans she hasn't done a good job at selling the album as "yet" she really only promoted MM and DYWCO Once.

I think the next single will determine the era and not the current sales. Many here probably never experienced the huge decline in sales with ITZ until Toxic happened. The album was free falling everywhere in the world. 

This era is all about damage control and it's going to take awhile. RCA isn't finished with the album as yet. More promo is coming for the rest of the year. So let's see! 

So much negativity. Just enjoy the album, and don't let the charts define it. We have good music from Britney again. Also, "And with no sign of a 2nd single, it doesn't look like there's much hope left", you do know they had an official poll and are testing for the second single? I swear fans ignore this just so they can be more negative about the era. :nyheadache:

They need to pull their finger out of their backsides. 

It's their fault that Glory isn't doing well. That album could have sold more. The wave of BBMA, they delayed the release of Make me, when it dropped people were here for it, she was beating Ketchup Perry until she did promo but then there was a wait and then the dead music video. If the woman sang live once, Glory would go in. 

It is what it is, just accept it I guess.

Archived