Has Glory already run out of steam? Can it be saved at this point?

iZacaree

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, TripInTheZone said:

Glory has way too many good songs for people to think its going to do bad.  :brityeah:

The way I see it: 

we usally get 4 singles with albums despite Britney Jean. They all don't have to come out so quickly give it time. The 2nd single should come out this year while the other 2 maybe 3 can stretch out 2017.  :yaknow:

They also need to be promoted strategically. Not just releasing it over night.  

Era might not do as well but we still need to give time.  :plzney:

But that's my point.. this album is selling worse that BJ did, and BJ only got 2 singles. Glory only sold about 5,500 in pure album sales in its second week. I just doubt there will be 3 or 4 singles. Would I love 4 singles? ABSOLUTELY! But realistically, it just doesn't seem likely at this point.

17 hours ago, soeffnperf said:

I don't think the original make me video would do anything for make me anymore. It would get a good amount of views, but I don't see the song rising back in the charts again. It's definitely time to use the next set of performances to promote single 2. 

At this point? No. If it had been released as the official video back in July then it would have sky-rocketed.

4 hours ago, i i i wanna go said:

Enough. Love Me Down is going to smash and you will deal!

You're delusional if you think "Love Me Down" is a viable choice as a single. It's one of the weaker tracks on the album. It wouldn't surprise me if DYWTCO is the next single since Brit has put it in her show and she's performed it live on the Today Show. I actually like DYWTCO. I don't really care for LMD that much. Sorry boo. :saycheese:

It all depends on Britney. The ball is in her court. What she really needs is to CATCH the GP's attention. Controversy. Daring and thinking outside the box. She's had many opportunities to do that. MM original MV, VMAs. I mean, yes, I'm happy with all the promo. But she's playing it safe. It's not anything the GP hasn't seen before. The VMA 2000 strip-tease and 2003 kiss was all anyone could talk about MONTHS after the vmas. She needs something like that AND a good 2nd single/MV.

Otherwise, say bye bye to Glory at the charts. One of her best albums.

Great product. Bad advertisment. :otears:

13 hours ago, iZacaree said:

Thanks girl! :riri:

Everyone else needs to chill tf out. Its not "being negative" to open up a discussion. I'm not calling Glory a flop, and I'm not calling Britney a flop. I AM, however, asking you guys your opinion on what might happen next if Glory DOES flop (sales-wise). What could that do to her career? her relevance? Would there even be a B10 (considering her recent comments on only going maybe 2 more years in the industry). It's just a discussion. Stop being so defensive. We can be realistic without being negative.

Have a seat, calm your ****, and let's discuss this ****. :thirsty:

Agree! ;)

9 hours ago, iZacaree said:

You're delusional if you think "Love Me Down" is a viable choice as a single. It's one of the weaker tracks on the album. It wouldn't surprise me if DYWTCO is the next single since Brit has put it in her show and she's performed it live on the Today Show. I actually like DYWTCO. I don't really care for LMD that much. Sorry boo. :saycheese:

You are the delusional one babe, love me down is a ******* masterpiece and will slay as a 2nd single.. 

One of the weaker songs? God i feel so sorry for you and your bad taste 

13 hours ago, i i i wanna go said:

Enough. Love Me Down is going to smash and you will deal!

Hell yes 

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎17 at 2:52 AM, colormefresh said:

Nobody knew Toxic and Everytime were going to be iconic prior to their releases. So.

Exactly. From someone who was around during ITZ, I remember people hating on Toxic. That it was too weird, not pop enough etc.

There is much hit potential on Glory.

She doesn't have good managing and creative team that will inspire her to do more. If Karen got into the game, she inspired Britney to cross some boundries and do something more and Glory was born. She needs the same people as Karen to push her inspiration more and find some joy in case of her visual apperance. And that's Larrys job to find someone who will juice out the best from Britney. And then Glory can be saved. I can't see it happening tho. Even if we get second single and I hope we will, but it could be the last, because I have a feeling she is bored with doing all of these :( 

Reading all of this stuff made me sad. 

7 hours ago, floopy22 said:

Exactly. From someone who was around during ITZ, I remember people hating on Toxic. That it was too weird, not pop enough etc.

There is much hit potential on Glory.

Agreed, but ITZ had killer promotion and sold 3 - 4 million copies in the U.S. Also, that was still during Brit's prime. Think realistically here. There are definitely potential hits on Glory, but given the status of the current sales, Brit's relevance in pop music, messy promo etc. a lot of these hits will probably go un-promoted. Sadly..

7 hours ago, Kennizle said:

You are the delusional one babe, love me down is a ******* masterpiece and will slay as a 2nd single.. 

One of the weaker songs? God i feel so sorry for you and your bad taste 

Hell yes 

It sounds like an Ariana Grande throw-away tbh. I like the verses, but the chorus falls flat.

Archived