Your top 3 meltdowns

JP9101

I don't remember having like meltdowns per se, the desert performance was more like a mass hysteria, I mean, I did wake up very early in the morning just to watch her at the most awkward ever, and announcing what we already knew because of the rumors, so it was like, okay... :awks:

But I guess I can list:

1. VMA's 2007 - that feeling was even worse than when she shaved her head, and all that stuff :idkney:
  2. Gimme More video / Piece of Me video - :nyheadache:
  3. Make Me... video premiere -
    now, this wasn't THAT bad, but more than a meltdown, I was just shook, in a very negative way, because we already had the leaked clips, so I was expecting that to come out, I mean, there was no possible way that something like the scrapping could happen. We had already seen it, it was there, we just needed the HD scenes, and the worst part is that the guy from the pool party told us before the premiere; I was just in disbelief, it was like a cruel joke from the destiny, as someone said the other day, it's as if we're part of a big, infinite sitcom when it comes to being  a Britney fan lol That day, I was so desperate, because the video had been uplaoded but it wasn't available for me, after like 15 minutes. I was at work, and I had to go to lunch, so I was on my PC refreshing and refreshing the page, until it finally started. And this scene where they're talking to the guy, and nothing made sense, I was just like
    winona1.gif
    my mind running a mile a minute trying to figure out how it all would lead to the leaked scenes we've seen. The video kept going on, and it made less sense every second, and I just, couldn't believe it. I felt my heart pounding very loud, but very slowly, and I just froze, I felt cold in my chest, a void in my stomach, hahaha I'm crying of laughter as I type this, but that's what actually happened. My co-workers asked me if I was ok, I guess I must've looked pretty bad. I just stopped functioning, I wasn't angry, I wasn't sad, I just couldn't with that, my brain couldn't process what I was watching. At that point I thought that it was very likely that they would cut several scenes, I mean, that has happened before with Perfume, but they didn't cut the video, they didn't edit it, they didn't censor it, they went and literally shot a whole new thing, that wasn't any better, in any sense, and that was just out of my comprehension. They reached a whole new level of trollness with that, and I don't think (and I really pray for it) that they will ever top that again. I didn't say a word for the rest of the day, I was literally in shock. Usually when a new Britney video comes out, heck, even with other artists's videos, I watch them several times the day they premiere. In Britney's case I keep streaming them for a few weeks more. With Make Me... when I arrived home, I just watched it one more time to confirm I wasn't having a nightmare, and the video was still there, and the other video wasn't. And I just couldn't replay it until like two days later. I think I did have it on repeat but in a hidden tab, and didn't actually watch it. I still can't tolerate the laughing in the second verse...

So there they are, my biggest meltdowns I guess.  As bonus, SMS (Bangerz) was awful, I mean, always the worst rumors are the ones that come true. The Iggy Azalea collaboration as well, PG wasn't THAT bad at the end, but just when we first learned that there was a duet coming, I was like whyyyy??? First Miley, now this? PG video was different, because we knew since the videoshoot that it was gonna be a mess, so I was expecting a messy video. Make Me... seemed so promising. I'll always miss the red bodypaint, and what I was the most excited about, the house demolishing. Even if it didn't make any sense, those two things would've been iconic now.

Other personal "meltdowns", Tom's Diner not having a videoclip, BJ having only two singles, Glory as well, POM giving her her first three moonmen at the VMA's, Lucky being removed from POM, the constant wigs at POM, especially the night Gaga attended the show. And I think that's it, unless I've blocked any other memory of a worse meltdown.

Oh, also I may add when I watched that horrible show waiting for her to appear, only to announce us that she couldn't attend because she was sick, only once the show had ended. lol But that wasn't a big deal, I was just like, ok, enough internet for me today, and I went to sleep.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/25/2017 at 6:26 AM, Alex_1991 said:

I had other meltdowns, of course: Make Me and Poorfume scrapped music videos,  the femme fatale opening night, vma's 07 gimme more... but those 3 were the absolute worst :crying1:

i attended FF Tour opening night and it was great :snapney:

I need to think here :ponderney:

1. Knee accident & "Outrageous" music video never got finished & released / Onyx Hotel Tour got cancelled. "In The Zone" is a masterpiece and deserves more than it has achieved.

2. Record Company stopped releasing physical singles cd/maxi cd's since "perfume" so I can not continue collecting my collection.

3. The original "Make Me" music video... ya'll know the story.

1. When the dancers posted a video on their snapchat story where "Make Me" was playing way before the release and almost everyone on here was like "It's fake because it sounds to slow" and it turned out to be 100% legit.:hehehe:

I WAS LOLLING SO HARD WHEN IT TURNED OUT TO BE LEGIT

2. Make Me premiere BBMAs

3. Make Me original video being replaced for an extended commercial:uknowit:

Basically the "Glory/vegas" era brought the best meltdowns along with it on here....

1. The desert performance fiasco. I was so disappointed in this site and decided never to believe any rumor again unless it was confirmed by team Britney.

2. Make me official  video. I was like "what, that's not the video ! Where is the actual video ?" 

3. Break the ice/Kill the lights video's. Like what the actual garbage.

On 30.5.2017 at 11:41 AM, sibode said:

1. MAKE ME ORIGINAL VIDEO scrapped :crying1:
2. DESERT PERFORMANCE :wendycry:
3. ALIEN not a single (Even though during "I Am the Femme Fatale" she says Alien is gonna be a single by then:waitwhat:

You mean I Am Britney Jean? :ponderney:

1. 2007 VMA's. I'm not touching on it, everyone does it enough.

2. My own personal meltdown when Billboard changed the damn rules at the last damn minute so BO was not number one upon release.

3. MM video disaster. I wasn't here for the desert performance meltdown, but I was lurking by the time the original vid happened. That... mess. Mess. (This one is more of an outside looking in one though, because the only reason it bothered me personally was because it set the tone for how everything else was handled.)

(I'm excluding the very first big meltdown (note the use of the word 'big', because there were other smaller ones beforehand) of the B Army, which was Britney going from 'girl next door' to '*** symbol.' I remember how divided the base was about it all back then. I was on the side of the maturity/growing up image being a good change.)

:lollipop:

On 5/30/2017 at 6:41 AM, sibode said:

1. MAKE ME ORIGINAL VIDEO scrapped :crying1:
2. DESERT PERFORMANCE :wendycry:
3. ALIEN not a single (Even though during "I Am the Femme Fatale" she says Alien is gonna be a single by then:waitwhat:

obviously they cancelled alien after all the demos and glitches drama :unbelievableney:

01 Make Me Video

I was FURIOUS. I made a thread here and everything melting down for the first time. :orangu: It got like 50 likes and I was going off on a rant about how **** her team was and how she can just scrap a video we wanted and not say a damn thing about it after all the teasing.

02 Britney Jean

I remember being so hype for the album after I had listened to Work *****, Perfume and the Alien leak. The day finally came when it was on Apple Music to stream... and I was sourly underwhelmed. The EDM songs were so generic and almost demo like, far too basic and I was just really turned off. The album was basically Femme Fatale, just without any effort or good production. I was sad because it was the first Britney album I didn't love at first listen.

03 Desert Performance

I wasn't a member at the time, only lurked from time to time for news. I had the BH app though, when it was still Britney oriented. I was in school so I expected to go to lunch and have a video of the performance up. Well, I went on the app... and they said no performance happened. I wasn't mad, just really disappointed. Kinda sad because I was expecting an awesome S&S / WB medley performance.

16 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

01 Make Me Video

I was FURIOUS. I made a thread here and everything melting down for the first time. :orangu: It got like 50 likes and I was going off on a rant about how **** her team was and how she can just scrap a video we wanted and not say a damn thing about it after all the teasing.

02 Britney Jean

I remember being so hype for the album after I had listened to Work *****, Perfume and the Alien leak. The day finally came when it was on Apple Music to stream... and I was sourly underwhelmed. The EDM songs were so generic and almost demo like, far too basic and I was just really turned off. The album was basically Femme Fatale, just without any effort or good production. I was sad because it was the first Britney album I didn't love at first listen.

03 Desert Performance

I wasn't a member at the time, only lurked from time to time for news. I had the BH app though, when it was still Britney oriented. I was in school so I expected to go to lunch and have a video of the performance up. Well, I went on the app... and they said no performance happened. I wasn't mad, just really disappointed. Kinda sad because I was expecting an awesome S&S / WB medley performance.

Give us your Instagram :bcutelaugh:

Nobody says something about the double body in TTWE? that's definitely in my top 3, I realized that danceney was dead and the world joked about it or said "yeah she never danced in her career" "she can't dance, she needs a body double, no talent" ...

1) Make Me music video

2) TTWE double body

3) Femme Fatale promo performances, i still have nightmares about them

• 3 years later...

Archived