Pokémon and Britney Spears

These are so amazing.

Weirdly enough I sometimes associate the two in my head as well. 

When I was 7 I lived in Los Angeles (I'm from Ireland) and Pokémon and Britney were at the height of their popularity.

Also 'Soda Pop' was on the Pokémon soundtrack I had and I don't curr what a ***** said that song is fire >.<

9 hours ago, Pokemon Spears said:

So, as a fan of Pokémon and Britney Spears since I'm 5 years old, I've always made a connection between my life and whatever is going on at the moment with Pokémon and Britney Spears. I'm always talking about how those franchises or brands or however you wanna call it, are very related, and have followed similar paths all these years.

So I always wanted to make a chart or something to make a bigger comparison between the two, and I finally did it. However the coincidences are actually even more, and more precise but that would require deeper research for exact dates and stuff, and more space lol

Most of you probably won't understand, but I know some of you also like Pokémon too, and will share your points of view. I know, the explanations I provide aren't as precise, or clear, but I tried to reduce them as much as possible to fit it all in one chart. Especially 2013 was the most similar year, because there were new information and rumors coming out every month or every week, both for Pokémon and Britney, and they used to come the very same day. It was crazy, because we had days without news, and suddenly one day I would wake up, to find there were tons of informations about Pokémon, and Britney too, and I just didn't have enough time to check all of it. But that kind of details aren't on this chart. but anyway, here it is.

I hope you can see the full size britney_spears___oopsy_by_pokemonspears- Otherwise, you can check it on my DeviantArt account here

britney_spears_and_pokemon_generations_b

Don't forget that Circusney had the boys rocking some Pokémon shirts back in the day tbfh

7 hours ago, ColorTherapy said:

Where's the Zoroark film?

2011 section. :tbh: You almost made me cuss out Pokemon Spears for that "error" ngl

6 hours ago, Resimaniac said:

Love it! Can't wait for Sun & Moon and Pokken Tournament :makeitrain:

Let's hear Soda Pop to celebrate :JLostare: :orangu:

We actually really should, that song is ******* fire.:unreal:

3 hours ago, Luuckaz said:

well done, but i like more of digimon

tumblr_lhnkwxt7SB1qci12wo1_400.gif

:NikImOut:

18 minutes ago, - Kyle - said:

I haven't kept up with Pokémon since last time I checked, they were recycling designs. :crying1:

250px-006Charizard.png250px-094Gengar.png250px-182Bellossom.png250px-222Corsola.png250px-357Tropius.png250px-359Absol.png250px-393Piplup.png250px-427Buneary.png250px-571Zoroark.png250px-609Chandelure.png250px-668Pyroar.png250px-675Pangoro.png

OHMIGOSH, you're so totally right! :unreal: They have like, no unique ideas. :makeitrain:

:cutebrit:

56 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

2011 section. :tbh: You almost made me cuss out Pokemon Spears for that "error" ngl

We actually really should, that song is ******* fire.:unreal:

:NikImOut:

250px-006Charizard.png250px-094Gengar.png250px-182Bellossom.png250px-222Corsola.png250px-357Tropius.png250px-359Absol.png250px-393Piplup.png250px-427Buneary.png250px-571Zoroark.png250px-609Chandelure.png250px-668Pyroar.png250px-675Pangoro.png

OHMIGOSH, you're so totally right! :unreal: They have like, no unique ideas. :makeitrain:

:cutebrit:

I was talking about the Era after Diamond and Pearl...

It was awful. :ORANGU2: Everything looked the same

omg this is great pokemon!! I was the biggest pokemon fan (anime) from the first to third generation, after that I've always tried to keep in touch with new generations and some of the anime but it still gives me nostalgia when I see something pokemon related. 

Maybe I will go check some of the first season chapters or at least listen to the iconic opening song. :crying11:

11 hours ago, Blackout ***** said:

You did such a fantastic job with this chart. I've always been privy to Britney and Pokemon sharing a history, but I didn't realize they came out in the same year. That's so cool. The whole thing is also so aesthetically pleasing. Plus I've been a fan of Pokemon since the start - I'm so excited for Sun and Moon btw. :pumped:

Also slightly off topic, but I'm actually writing a huge research paper/project on pop music and Britney is one of my case studies. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how you made this - it would help so much with the aesthetic of my project. :bop:

Well, I actually just did it with what I remember lol just searched on Wikipedia for precise release dates. I actually even came out with months and everything, but I couldn't put it all in the chart. I actually needed more research, as I said, it's not only the releases, but also all the rumors, info, etc that comes out in between the releases that also share some coincidences. In the particular case of Britney, I think you could support your paper with some of the documentaries that are on youtube. They usually resume very well Britney's career and life, and they have comments by critics and experts of the industry that could help you, depending on the perspective you're writing from. There's one that I really like from BBC, I think it's in French lol, but somehow I managed to understand it just with the clips and images :P

10 hours ago, dolepineapples said:

Omg the level of detail!!! Im really impressed with the dedication you put into making this from the arrangement to the underlying pictures on the right behind the text!!

:kiss:

So does that mean we can expect Britney's album to come out around the same time as Pokemon Sun and Moon??

And the Britney game to come out around the same time as Pokemon Go????

Well, I think the Britney game is already out, I'm not sure. And I hope so, I mean, I'm still doubtful about the album coming out this year, but I still have hope for a December release.

10 hours ago, ColorTherapy said:

Where's the Zoroark film?

It was officially released (as a DVD) in 2011, so it appears with the rest of the 5th generation :)

9 hours ago, Williamshakespearss said:

OMG!!

How much time did it took you to finnish?

I love both,grew up wiyj both, but did never realise the coincidence.. probably marketing stratey?

It took me a day :P And I don't think they even realize this, I just guess, well... probably I shouldn't talk about this :P jk, but I do believe in all those things of the zodiacs, and stuff and well, it's quiet normal they share a path, because they were technically "born" almost at the same time. (Even though, as I say, Pokémon was released in Japan in 1996 and Britney started since the MMC before too, but it was in 1998 when they became really huge).

9 hours ago, Tetris said:

PS: I made a thread about this before, but I made my own nerdy Pokemon/Britney comparison a bit ago too...

I'm sure you know INFINITELY more about the Eevee evolutions than I do, but curious as to your opinion of this:

Britney%20Pokemon_zpsmbw9q9ek.jpg

that's so cool! I've never seen that before. For me HIAM looks more like the Ice-type, WB pink dress, the Psychic-type and TCA the Fairy one, but I think it's a really nice comparison.

8 hours ago, OutrageousLance said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. The amount of nostalgia I have for Pokémon and Britney is unmeasurable, and the two have always been intertwined for me somehow.

Just gotta ask though, how was the "Black and White appealed to a younger audience" part meant? I know that over a half of the Pokémon playerbase are adults who grew up with it, but the brand always does its best to appeal to children, Black and White were the biggest deviation from that. The protagonists were teenagers, the story was much more complex and polarizing and had a lot of adult elements in it (Ghetsis taking in an abandoned orphan and then basically brainwashing and manipulating him while only wanting to obtain power for himself and using the otherwise righteously sounding "Pokémon liberation" as a cover up) and the whole thing felt like the franchise was finally starting to grow up (the villain tried to ******* impale and ****** you in the sequels), then X/Y came along and completely ruined that progression and went back to goofy and overly kid friendly.

Oh, I knew it was gonna be confusing. I just couldn't find the right way to put it down, what I meant is that they appealed to younger audiences, but not necessarily kids. Well, not in that sense. For example Britney could've stayed with the same kind of sound that we were used to listen from her, but she took into this EDM bandwagon that was in at the moment. Pokémon, with B&W, even though the story is still dark, and the characters are older than usual, with the first installments they left out all of the classic Pokémon, giving us only new ones, until you beat the game. That's what I talk about, that was like a low kick for all of the fans that have been there since the beginning, or previous generations, that were expecting to see their favorite Pokémon there, since the beginning, or at least the classics like Zubat, Machamp, etc. So for me, Pokémon wasn't thinking about their veteran fans, but they were trying to appeal to the new generations, with new characters, and kind of recreating the first generation, with equivalent Pokémon like Tympole/Poliwag, Throh and Sawk / Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Audino/Chansey, Machamp/Conkeldurr, Roggenrola/Geodude, Woobat/Zubat, etc.

Even though the games were great, they rapidly had to fix that mistake with B2/W2 bringing the classic Pokémon back again, but I guess it was too late. They even left out the classic Pokémon from the anime, except for Pikachu and Meowth. That was also fixed in the last seasons of that generation. Then with X & Y, it was the opposite case. There were a few new Pokémon, but it was all about the Kanto starters, Mewtwo, and all of the classic Pokémon with Mega Evolutions. The Kalos Pokédex has only the 70-something new Pokés, and like a million of the old ones. They even brought the legendary birds and Mewtwo himself. Basically, out of all of the people my age, I was one of the few ones that actually played the 5th generation games, most of my friends skipped that generation, but all of them came back to Pokémon with X&Y, and the Hoenn remakes. They finally started to understand that they have fans that are already young adults now, they even released Pokémon Origins. As a videogame franchise they will always do children-oriented things, but they now show more awareness of the adult fanbase after the 5th generation attempt to reset the franchise.

7 hours ago, Luuckaz said:

well done, but i like more of digimon

tumblr_lhnkwxt7SB1qci12wo1_400.gif

I must confess, Digimon is one of my favorite anime of all time (I still cry every time I watch the last episode) (Español Latino, por supuesto, porque en Inglés pierde toda la emoción). Only season 2 was kinda good because it was a continuation, but from Season 3 onward, they lost my respect.

4 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Don't forget that Circusney had the boys rocking some Pokémon shirts back in the day tbfh

I rememeber FFney,

britney-facebook-440.jpg

it was FFney right?

But yeah, there are so much more coincidences, and they need so much more explanation and detail, but maybe we should write a book about it lol