Pokémon and Britney Spears

Just now, BrittonJeanSpears said:

******* DECEASED. That look was gorgeous, though. Why do people hate on it?

I love that look. :crying1: she looks like a true 60s  queen

1 hour ago, Pokemon Spears said:

I must confess, Digimon is one of my favorite anime of all time (I still cry every time I watch the last episode) (Español Latino, por supuesto, porque en Inglés pierde toda la emoción). Only season 2 was kinda good because it was a continuation, but from Season 3 onward, they lost my respect.

I rememeber FFney,

britney-facebook-440.jpg

it was FFney right?

But yeah, there are so much more coincidences, and they need so much more explanation and detail, but maybe we should write a book about it lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/49y0l9/pok%C3%A9mon_x_britney_spears/

13 hours ago, Pokemon Spears said:

Oh, I knew it was gonna be confusing. I just couldn't find the right way to put it down, what I meant is that they appealed to younger audiences, but not necessarily kids. Well, not in that sense. For example Britney could've stayed with the same kind of sound that we were used to listen from her, but she took into this EDM bandwagon that was in at the moment. Pokémon, with B&W, even though the story is still dark, and the characters are older than usual, with the first installments they left out all of the classic Pokémon, giving us only new ones, until you beat the game. That's what I talk about, that was like a low kick for all of the fans that have been there since the beginning, or previous generations, that were expecting to see their favorite Pokémon there, since the beginning, or at least the classics like Zubat, Machamp, etc. So for me, Pokémon wasn't thinking about their veteran fans, but they were trying to appeal to the new generations, with new characters, and kind of recreating the first generation, with equivalent Pokémon like Tympole/Poliwag, Throh and Sawk / Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Audino/Chansey, Machamp/Conkeldurr, Roggenrola/Geodude, Woobat/Zubat, etc.

Even though the games were great, they rapidly had to fix that mistake with B2/W2 bringing the classic Pokémon back again, but I guess it was too late. They even left out the classic Pokémon from the anime, except for Pikachu and Meowth. That was also fixed in the last seasons of that generation. Then with X & Y, it was the opposite case. There were a few new Pokémon, but it was all about the Kanto starters, Mewtwo, and all of the classic Pokémon with Mega Evolutions. The Kalos Pokédex has only the 70-something new Pokés, and like a million of the old ones. They even brought the legendary birds and Mewtwo himself. Basically, out of all of the people my age, I was one of the few ones that actually played the 5th generation games, most of my friends skipped that generation, but all of them came back to Pokémon with X&Y, and the Hoenn remakes. They finally started to understand that they have fans that are already young adults now, they even released Pokémon Origins. As a videogame franchise they will always do children-oriented things, but they now show more awareness of the adult fanbase after the 5th generation attempt to reset the franchise.

I see what you mean now. I feel differently about it, though. I got into Pokémon with generation 1, my first game was Red, but while gen 1 and 2 will always, ALWAYS have a very special place in my heart, I will outright say that generation 5 is absolutely superior in every possible way. I feel mixed about the nostalgia appeal, I loved every single remake so far and I hope they keep that tradition up, but the whole Kalos reliance on Kanto was just meh. The reason I loved gen 5 so much weren't even the new Pokémon all that much, I will agree that some of the designs could have been better, but what really sold me onto gen 5 was the story, and in the case of B2/W2, the gargantuan amount of content.

I have given up on the anime long ago because it never got anywhere and Ash is a horrible character. This is one thing Pokémon just doesn't do well, growing up with its audience. Black & White and Black 2 & White 2 gave me a sliver of hope that they were starting to do so before X/Y took it all away again. I don't know if you're familiar with the PokéSpecial / Pokémon Adventures manga, but that is the way I wish Pokémon was handled. It does not forsake the appeal to kids completely (aside from the ocassional impalement and Giovanni's Cloyster slicing Magmars in half), but it has great stories, awesome character development, strategic fights, actual build-up and incredible climaxes in each arc. The reason Black and White clicked so much with me was that their story reminded me of the manga a whole lot, especially the climax with N's castle, the Gym Leaders coming in to fight the Plasma Sages, the decisive battle of the Yin / Yang legendaries and all that. B2/W2 were an absolute treat that tied up all loose ends and made everything feel so complete, on top of having the biggest amount of content in any Pokémon game to date. This is why I 360 scalp anyone who hates on gen 5. Especially if they dare say that gen 6 was actually better, even though it may very well be the weakest one yet.

7 hours ago, OutrageousLance said:

Because generation 5 is agruably the best generation yet, up there with gen 3.

I don't know what's funnier, that you actually believe that, or that you picked the two most hated generations among the fanbase. :HAHA:

Besides, it's obviously Gen. 4. We got three regions, following Pokémon, and Platinum, the very best game.

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I don't know what's funnier, that you actually believe that, or that you picked the two most hated generations among the fanbase. :HAHA:

Besides, it's obviously Gen. 4. We got three regions, following Pokémon, and Platinum, the very best game.

This. Gen 5, and 3, were both terrible to me. I even bought the remake of gen 3 to give it a shot and couldn't finish it. 

13 hours ago, OutrageousLance said:

I see what you mean now. I feel differently about it, though. I got into Pokémon with generation 1, my first game was Red, but while gen 1 and 2 will always, ALWAYS have a very special place in my heart, I will outright say that generation 5 is absolutely superior in every possible way. I feel mixed about the nostalgia appeal, I loved every single remake so far and I hope they keep that tradition up, but the whole Kalos reliance on Kanto was just meh. The reason I loved gen 5 so much weren't even the new Pokémon all that much, I will agree that some of the designs could have been better, but what really sold me onto gen 5 was the story, and in the case of B2/W2, the gargantuan amount of content.

I have given up on the anime long ago because it never got anywhere and Ash is a horrible character. This is one thing Pokémon just doesn't do well, growing up with its audience. Black & White and Black 2 & White 2 gave me a sliver of hope that they were starting to do so before X/Y took it all away again. I don't know if you're familiar with the PokéSpecial / Pokémon Adventures manga, but that is the way I wish Pokémon was handled. It does not forsake the appeal to kids completely (aside from the ocassional impalement and Giovanni's Cloyster slicing Magmars in half), but it has great stories, awesome character development, strategic fights, actual build-up and incredible climaxes in each arc. The reason Black and White clicked so much with me was that their story reminded me of the manga a whole lot, especially the climax with N's castle, the Gym Leaders coming in to fight the Plasma Sages, the decisive battle of the Yin / Yang legendaries and all that. B2/W2 were an absolute treat that tied up all loose ends and made everything feel so complete, on top of having the biggest amount of content in any Pokémon game to date. This is why I 360 scalp anyone who hates on gen 5. Especially if they dare say that gen 6 was actually better, even though it may very well be the weakest one yet.

I really liked Black & White too. Well, especially B2 & W2. A lot of people didn't give it a chance. These people from college that I talk about, that they were back into Pokémon with X/Y were so surprised by a lot of stuff, that was actually introduced in Gen V, including some of the Pokémon, and I was like, but this is old news britney_spears___that_what__by_pokemonsp so I guess they finally appreciated Gen V, but after Gen VI came out.

I'm not familiar with the manga, I actually haven't read it, but up to this they I still watch the anime (actually I have to watch this week's episode right now :P) and Diamond and Pearl seasons made it reaaaaally boring. B&W I think was better, except for the fact there were only new Pokémon, but then with N and Meloetta things got even better. X&Y have been excellent so far, in my opinion, and I actually wasn't expecting it to end so soon. I just wish Ash caught more Pokémon and didn't release Goodra, but other than that it's been great. The only thing that keeps sucking more and more each year are the movies. I wish they were based in the story that the videogames have for the legendary Pokémon.

19 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I love Gen 4, but Diamond and Pearl being so meh just drag it down. I also disagree with Platinum being the best game although it might make the top 3 for me. Emerald takes the #1 spot, even the remakes couldn't top it.

Gen 3 and Gen 5 are only hated by the most conservative fans and the genwunners to be honest. Gen 3 introduced more new features than any other generation and had a perfect balance of your own adventure and the villain team(s) story as well as arguably the most varied and fun to explore region to date.

Gen 5 was also something new and it paid off big time for me because it had some of the most interesting and well developed characters and an overall engaging story than any other generation. Unova being so linear in B/W as well as the reliance on exclusively the new Pokemon, some of which were not that great, are legit arguements that I completely get, but the story and characters being so damn good as well as the fact that B2/W2 fixed all of this and had the biggest amount of content in the franchise and are some of the best games overall, I'd say the good FAR outweights the bad.

But yeah, opinions. :divaney: I know a lot of people who share mine.

On 11 March 2016 at 6:56 AM, Pokemon Spears said:

So, as a fan of Pokémon and Britney Spears since I'm 5 years old, I've always made a connection between my life and whatever is going on at the moment with Pokémon and Britney Spears. I'm always talking about how those franchises or brands or however you wanna call it, are very related, and have followed similar paths all these years.

So I always wanted to make a chart or something to make a bigger comparison between the two, and I finally did it. However the coincidences are actually even more, and more precise but that would require deeper research for exact dates and stuff, and more space lol

Most of you probably won't understand, but I know some of you also like Pokémon too, and will share your points of view. I know, the explanations I provide aren't as precise, or clear, but I tried to reduce them as much as possible to fit it all in one chart. Especially 2013 was the most similar year, because there were new information and rumors coming out every month or every week, both for Pokémon and Britney, and they used to come the very same day. It was crazy, because we had days without news, and suddenly one day I would wake up, to find there were tons of informations about Pokémon, and Britney too, and I just didn't have enough time to check all of it. But that kind of details aren't on this chart. but anyway, here it is.

I hope you can see the full size britney_spears___oopsy_by_pokemonspears- Otherwise, you can check it on my DeviantArt account here

britney_spears_and_pokemon_generations_b

This thread is flawless :tiffhair: