Could Britney Sell Out Stadiums If She Went Back On Tour?

Now? Probably not. She's gone without performing for so long and I wouldn't risk it personally. She'd be better doing arenas.

I do think Britney was more than capable of becoming a stadium act and she could have possibly done stadiums at some point in the 2010s if she wasn't in Vegas for so long.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Joel Santos said:

Not anywhere. Britney lost many fans and public respect in many markets, including the USA. But I think she could sell stadiums in places like Canada, Mexico, and maybe the UK. She also has many fans in Latin America, more precisely in Brazil, although her last visit there was a failure, I believe that if she returned now she could easily fill a stadium.

Yeah, I was shocked she didn't do better in Rio and Sao Paulo (Brazil). Probably her performing skills reputation was a big factor. 

If she performs nowadays like the c-ship years not only a tour/residency would flop, but a new FreeBritney could happen after videos of her on stage getting viral.

if people notice she was forced to perform... 

18 minutes ago, Derrick said:

I mean if Madonna can I don’t see why Britney couldn’t. She would need production and a solid team but I think there would be a lot of hype for a tour. We won’t get one but I do think she could be in arenas. 

Madonna's new show looks so boring and it's clear she can't perform like she used too. Yes I know she's older which is fine, but this tour is the first time Madge has looked like this performance wise. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Yeah, I was shocked she didn't do better in Rio and Sao Paulo (Brazil). Probably her performing skills reputation was a big factor. 

If she performs nowadays like the c-ship years not only a tour/residency would flop, but a new FreeBritney could happen after videos of her on stage getting viral.

if people notice she was forced to perform... 

Her time in Brazil was very difficult. In addition to not being able to sell all the tickets, the show was massacred by critics and she was even made a joke on TV shows. In fact, people's reaction to FFT was the worst possible everywhere the show went, not even the fans were able to pretend for long. Vegas was a little better, but still nothing great. And the tour derived from the residency was a true horror show, on and off the stage. Analyzing the situation now with all the information we have, we can't blame her. She even did a lot taking into account everything she was going through at the time. But it cannot be denied that the FFT, the residency and the tour greatly tarnished her record as a performer. And Domination would have had the same effect if it hadn't been cancelled. To attract the public to a new tour or season in Vegas, she would have to work hard. Today there is nothing that justifies her performing lip-synching the vocals she used to have when she was a teenager while chewing gum and moving her arms reluctantly. For many fans this is "her being cool", but for the majority of the public it's a huge disrespect and only serves to contribute to the GP's poor perception of her.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

I do not think Britney can sell out stadiums in the US no. I do think she could sell them out in some spots overseas though.

:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

That's crazy you don't have the vision of how much hype she would get for her first 'comeback' tour in yearsss!  tumblr_nk6qvzXl0J1qcjdp7o1_500.gif

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
Just now, PlatinumB said:

Regular?! We are talking about STADIUMS and she would sell out. It would be a moment.

moment-whitney.gif

See it and feel boo boo. x

Sorry sis I can't vision it.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

In the decade since she first topped the charts, it seems Britney Spears may have lost her sparkle - and a fair chunk of her fan base.

Britney Spears Femme Fatale tour: Sea of empty seats at UK show | Daily  Mail Online

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Yes. She sold out her POM world tour without any promotion and after having been in Vegas for years. She didn’t have any new album or hits at that time but people were dying to see her and hear her older songs. 

POM's shows were in arenas and theaters, and some were not sold out. Stadium tour is another level and is not for everyone.

• Love 1
Just now, DiamondCircus said:

Sorry sis I can't vision it.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

In the decade since she first topped the charts, it seems Britney Spears may have lost her sparkle - and a fair chunk of her fan base.

Britney Spears Femme Fatale tour: Sea of empty seats at UK show | Daily  Mail Online

An article from 2011? From her lithium induced flop era? 

giphy.gif

How does that have any relevance? You know we live in year of 2024. Please enlighten me.

Also...

If you wanna play like that I can play alll day...

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

The superstar couple kicked off their joint tour in Wales last week

whitney-houston-smile.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

giphy.gif

How does that have any relevance? You know we live in year of 2024. Please enlighten me.

Also...

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

The GP didn't know the depths of what was going on in the C Ship though in 2011 many were over her as it showed more and more as BJ and Glory were released babe. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

giphy.gif

Also...

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

We can use shows from the last tour. This one at the Mohegan Sun Arena, where it failed to sell 7,000 tickets. 6,998 / 7,088

P.S.: this Beyoncé + Jay-Z tour made more money than any Britney tour.

Anyone who thinks she’d sell out a stadium is delusional. I actually think she’d struggle to sell out arenas at this point. She’s seen as an absolute joke these days. People can like the music and stream but no one would pay over $100 to see the mess she is now. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

We can use shows from the last tour. This one at the Mohegan Sun Arena, where it failed to sell 7,000 tickets. 6,998 / 7,088

P.S.: this Beyoncé + Jay-Z tour made more money than any Britney tour.

Also, Bey just went out on her own sold-out Renaissance Stadium tour and continues to gain popularity.

Britney, I don't think could have the same success in stadiums right now. 

• Love 1
Just now, DiamondCircus said:

The GP didn't know the depths of what was going on in the C Ship though in 2011 many were over her as it showed more and more as BJ and Glory were released babe. 

Okay and? 2011 was years ago and the public only lost interest because she was trapped, drugged and held captive. She gave up on caring.. Do you not get that?

Also... shortly after FF she went straight to vegas to you know.. REVOLUTIONISE the Las Vegas scene. So your point is moot and vod.   

I love how you skip over the article of Beyonce giving away free tickets to fill seats? :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Just now, PlatinumB said:

Okay and? 2011 was years ago and the public only lost interest because she was trapped, drugged and held captive. She gave up on caring.. Do you not get that?

Also... shortly after FF she went straight to vegas to you know.. REVOLUTIONISE the Las Vegas scene. So your point is moot and vod.   

I love how you skip over the article of Beyonce giving away free tickets to fill seats? :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Bey just had a half a billion in ticket sales on her highly successful renaissance tour almost 30 years into her career.

Britney wouldn't have the same success now days.

Hair Satisfying GIF

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block