Britney Outsold Everyone!!!!!!! New chart stats show she is #1 best selling pure album sales artist (excluding China)

3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

And to think Taylor did this by releasing like 7 versions of an album and then re-recording her original albums and then giving those new recordings like 4 versions. I mean make money Taylor! Marketing gold! Shes the Queen of selling her music. :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

But it’s nice to see Britney, Shania and Adele selling based on the one version of a body of work they made. I mean at most they would offer a Deluxe/ International version and that’s only for some of their works. 
:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

It is interesting that Beyonce is the most revered, acclaimed and awarded female artist and yet she’s not up there…:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

they bought all beyonce's awards and failed to inflate her sales with tidal. she's very talented but her selling power is mostly artificial.

Edited by ---
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

I mean, Britney did have the luck of existing pre-streaming era.

It's purely thanks to BOMT and Oops she sold this many records cause everything released after that, had a huge drop in physical sales.

BOMT alone sold over 20mil. versus Glory that sold like what? +600K? Circus and FF are around + 2mil.

Whereas artists like Adele and Taylor Swift became crazy popular in the digital era. So, I personally think them being in the top 5 is more of an achievement than the artists that released music pre digital era.

Still, she did that as a young teenage girl which is crazy but I feel like these comparisons aren't entirely fair cause of the difference in age/era.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, OneLife said:

Not every artist who released an album before the 2000s managed to sell 20 million copies.. These are not numbers that were easy to reach

I know and I did specificaly say she has a crazy achievement. But that still isn't fair to compare to artists such as Adele that were not around in the physical age.

19 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

LOL at you diminishing her achievements as down to just "luck of existing pre-streaming era". :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: What kind of fan are you?! A Taylor fan but the sounds of it. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: After BOMT and OOPS era she had a MASSIVE and the be all end all original pop star of all hate campaign against her that went on for YEARS. A radio ban for YEARS. Countless other things held against her. The very fact she STILL holds that number 1 spot for 33 years. Is a testament to her hard work and staying star power over those years. Not taking anything away from the other girls on the list but let's not pretend that Britney got there by pure "luck". If you wanna talk about luck let's talk about Taylor... :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

I literally said it's a crazy achievement for a teenager. How that is diminishing of any achievement is unclear to me.

1 hour ago, LeglessJamie said:

I literally said it's a crazy achievement for a teenager. How that is diminishing of any achievement is unclear to me.

You literally lead your comment with "Britney did have the luck of existing pre-streaming era." which is a asinine and diminishing comment to make... I hope that is clearer for you.  :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block