I no longer feel a connection to Britney and don't want to be complicit. Update -- Circus Era Hair Stylist Says She No Longer Recognizes The Version of Britney We See on Instagram

I go back and forth with my thoughts about Britneys situation. I do realise she was under control for too long abused. I do think she deserves her own life without music, dancing and albums doing whatever she wants. She functions after end of cship now like 3 years already. Nothing bad happened to her. Aside from her divorce, that basketball player nonsense, her son giving interview and going away to hawaii and some tmz articles she does live pretty well. She travels. I hope she finds happyness in that. Her instagram posts can be frustrating and disturbing so i am not following her. But then i see it i can not help but thinking is she ok. Like for real. I hope so. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I think deep down you probably mean well but this is ... not it.

ANYONE THINKING LIKE THE OP NEEDS TO STOP PATHOLOGIZING BRITNEY.

We've heard her side of things through her book, we understand the depths of hell she's been through and know that TCon deserve to be in prison and legal proceedings are still ongoing. Clearly that's a strong reason for her silence.

But at the end of the day, her personal life and psychology are none of our business and fans speculating are no better than the garbage, sensational media responsible for Britney's situation.

Perhaps many of you are young and lack the perspective necessary to understand the toxicity of this kind of culture: but let's focus on her career, her music and her art and stop assuming who she is as a person.

As much as we would like to be able to pretend that we know her: we do not! Take all this energy and direct it at yourself, you'll be happier in the long run. 

I do appreciate you OP for your support in some of the justice threads. Maybe you could also focus on that.

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 5
  • Like 3

To me this means she is in control of her narrative, and her private life is protected. You only see the Britney that she wanted you to see. It’s empowering.

I’m happy that she is exploring who she is and experiencing life. Express your gratitude. Complaining all the time means you need some help with your mental health.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, No Seas Cortes said:

This topic is extremely tired now. I really wish my biggest problem in the world was Britney's Instagram. Why do people invest so much time in someone's life and career? We don't know this woman at all. I understand being a fan, listening to her music, and caring about her as a person, but not to the degree that you're so attached to her it keeps making you upset. Is it really that serious? If Britney's Instagram looked amazing, if she looked stunning, wore expensive clothes, were releasing new hits, would this truly be your victory? Would it bring you money, love, success? No, it's all hers, not yours, so move on. Many of you simply idealize the notion of Britney behaving like other celebrities. But she'd probably become a rich, capitalistic **** like Gaga and Taylor, and you'd still complain

I want this tattooed on me. 👏 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Kevney said:

she actaully is very relatable. absolutely has been one of the most relatable and likeable person ever in music. it's a big reason for her success. 

no. JIVE was relatable. they created a product that people felt like they could relate to

No jive = product changed. 

you dont relate to the person Britney actually is. You related/loved/enjoyed the product. 

I relate to Mandy Moore more.

mandy moore golden globes 2017 GIF by Entertainment Tonight

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, AII said:

no. JIVE was relatable. they created a product that people felt like they could relate to

No jive = product changed. 

you dont relate to the person Britney actually is. You related/loved/enjoyed the product. 

I relate to Mandy Moore more.

mandy moore golden globes 2017 GIF by Entertainment Tonight

Mandy WHO???

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, justhanging said:

Britney in my opinion is a shell of the strong person she used to be. She hasn’t said a word to her fans that's clearly from her since October 2022 and I no longer recognize her.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Britney Spears celebrated nearly a year of freedom from her conservatorship, which was...

Who is this person on Instagram?

If she’s happy spinning, spin away! But can a person that only does that all day truly be happy? 

I don’t want to encourage, enable or be complicit in anything negative that could be going on.

Her social media is always 10 slides of her ***** & ***** or spinning. Exhausting and she has so much more to offer as a human being than her body.

Imagine being her sons seeing that? Would you want to? I don't find it artistic, liberating, tasteful, in fact it shows just how lost she is.

Just like Michael Jackson and Madonna, it's clear she has yes men around her, that don't tell her the truth. It’s sad that this is what she’s resulted to. I mean "truly inspirational" work with her Instagram. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: 

Update: stuff like this is not normal

FTR Britney is the last time I feel we saw the old Britney. In the "We Need To Talk About Britney" podcast, a friend/employee of Britney's around the Circus era that was fired for getting too close said she no longer recognizes the woman she sees on Instagram

britney spears GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Update:

.... if anyone cares to listen to the podcast of the woman that worked with Britney saying she no longer recognizes who the person on Instagram is, here you go:

You guys are Delusional, get a life 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, BadBunny said:

GOOD RIDDANCE. You are such a dramatic clout-chaser, OP. You are a fan for the absolute wrong reasons and I’m glad you’re finally exposing your true colors. Kindly piss off with your sinister-esque posts and don’t come back!!!

Well said 👏

Say it louder so @justhangingcan see it one more time and maybe develop some level of comprehension that they are not wanted here. Pointless. Redundant. Self-absorbed. Vile.

My god. Some people are totally lacking in self awareness. GTFO! 😤 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I understand the way you feel, what I dont understand is why every time someone stops "understanding" or "stanning" or "following" Britney for whatever reason, it needs to become a huge announcement on this forum?

Like ok bestie, dont follow her anymore, absolutely up to you. Why do we all need to know though? 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

I understand the way you feel, what I dont understand is why every time someone stops "understanding" or "stanning" or "following" Britney for whatever reason, it needs to become a huge announcement on this forum?

Like ok bestie, dont follow her anymore, absolutely up to you. Why do we all need to know though? 

This thread is just plain attention seeking. If you really feel disconnected you just leave something behind for good. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block