what is this movie? John Cena as Britney

The film is a frat boy humor, men who don’t want to grow up, woman are sour püsses because they are responsible, friendship type film. 

John’s character starts off as an aspiring, out of work actor. His regular gig is being a “singer” who does raunchy cover versions of famous singer’s songs. Like a Weird AL but his remakes all pertain to segx. During the scene of him performing on stage, he’s many different male singers (you have to be like 12 years old to think any of his covers are remotely funny) and he’s only Britney Spears when he’s getting off stage. He sees two sketchy looking men who have been stalking him and still dressed as Britney, escapes out the back window.

That’s it. He doesnt sing one of her songs or anything. I think the joke is just to see a straight muscle “masculine” man dressed up as a girly teenage girl. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Out of my love for Zac Efron, I did watch the whole thing and it was such an immature, dumb film. I believe the guys who wrote Dumb And Dumber wrote this film and I guess straight men take those writers as legends in the comedy film world. The humor and gags are sooo outdated. What might have worked in the 1990’s just didn’t age well to be presented as a new bit in the 2020’s…in my opinion. I wouldn’t recommend the film to anyone but to each their own. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

It's just a scene where he dresses as Britney, not much context, but his character professionally sings about jerkin off by changing lyrics to famous songs. And wearing the BOMT outfit implies he did the song but changed it dirty. (Which doesn't seem that hard tbh 🤭)

But the movie itself is bad imo. I enjoy a casual frat bro movie, but this one is a fail for me. 1.5 stars best.

On 3/24/2024 at 9:04 PM, MikeHunt said:

The film is a frat boy humor, men who don’t want to grow up, woman are sour püsses because they are responsible, friendship type film. 

John’s character starts off as an aspiring, out of work actor. His regular gig is being a “singer” who does raunchy cover versions of famous singer’s songs. Like a Weird AL but his remakes all pertain to segx. During the scene of him performing on stage, he’s many different male singers (you have to be like 12 years old to think any of his covers are remotely funny) and he’s only Britney Spears when he’s getting off stage. He sees two sketchy looking men who have been stalking him and still dressed as Britney, escapes out the back window.

That’s it. He doesnt sing one of her songs or anything. I think the joke is just to see a straight muscle “masculine” man dressed up as a girly teenage girl. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Out of my love for Zac Efron, I did watch the whole thing and it was such an immature, dumb film. I believe the guys who wrote Dumb And Dumber wrote this film and I guess straight men take those writers as legends in the comedy film world. The humor and gags are sooo outdated. What might have worked in the 1990’s just didn’t age well to be presented as a new bit in the 2020’s…in my opinion. I wouldn’t recommend the film to anyone but to each their own. 

I actually loved the idea of Ricki becoming somebody from nobody afrer some1 believed in him. It is typical stupid movie. And Zac Efrons new face aint helping. Whatever happened to him he probably lost his career. Movies like this his only way  i guess. So sad

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block