Does Taylor Swift suffer from BPD or HPD?

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Wendy Williams said:

Oh she is ~35yrs old now??? I thought she was under 30! It's disturbing that she does this.

Yeah, she acts like she bought a product that she returns within 14 days and had no emotions, she just collected stuff for new songs, but didn't think about the others and their feelings.

She's gonna be 35 in December.

If I didn't know that, I would've thought she's either my age or in her late 20s.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

I just couldn't imagine having so many relationships because relationships need love, time and investment and honestly doing all that however many times she has, would be too much for me.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

Thank you for your opinion.

Could you describe these two disorders in more detail? :)

Also, purely in theory - does exist some disorder or complex, where as a child (she) suffers from an inferiority complex and needs to prove that she is better than others because not many people treated her nicely and she didn't have many friends? And does this complex persist into adulthood?

In my experience, when I worked with someone with HPD, they were making effortful attempts to appear seductive to the point where it just seemed absurd and awkward. For example, we're here to talk about your long-standing issues, but there were many attempts where they would talk about their traumas while looking at me doe-eyed and talking about them seductively as they played with their hair or clothes, lol. It seemed more like ADHD, where they were really attention-seeking. The more they felt rejected, the more mistrust and depression they felt. The more depressed they felt, the more attention-seeking behaviour they engaged in as an attempt to attain acceptance from others. 

People with BPD are highly suicidal, in my experience, and it's because they feel empty inside for no reason. They make you feel like you are their best friend and use that as a way to push boundaries. Then the next minute, you are a piece of **** and a deplorable person out to get them (especially if you set clear boundaries). They seem sociopathic to me.  

This is just one side to them. They all have their own unique personalities and characteristics. So, I'm careful not to generalize. Also, note that many personality disorders' criteria lack specificity and validity. Therefore, it isn't surprising to see a blurring of symptoms. 

As humans, it's normal to seek ways to compensate in areas we perceive a lack or weakness in ourselves. It's really hard to know someone's motives until you sit down with them and engender insights on that. I think inferiority complex is a strong term. Some call it homeostasis, an attempt for humans to seek balance because any perceived disruption or dysregulation is going to cause psychological conflict. We either repress or deal with inner conflict when we feel it. How we deal with it is unique to each individual, and it can either be adaptive or maladaptive, depending on whether it impairs someone's overall levels of functioning. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Wendy Williams said:

I asked a question, if you don't have anything to put on the table, then go and close the door behind you.

I have an opinion on a topic of discussion. Thats what a forum is bb.:brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

maybe find a more positive way to spend your time and contribute to society?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

In my experience, when I worked with someone with HPD, they were making effortful attempts to appear seductive to the point where it just seemed absurd and awkward. For example, we're here to talk about your long-standing issues, but there were many attempts where they would talk about their traumas while looking at me doe-eyed and talking about them seductively as they played with their hair or clothes, lol. It seemed more like ADHD, where they were really attention-seeking. The more they felt rejected, the more mistrust and depression they felt. The more depressed they felt, the more attention-seeking behaviour they engaged in as an attempt to attain acceptance from others. 

People with BPD are highly suicidal, in my experience, and it's because they feel empty inside for no reason. They make you feel like you are their best friend and use that as a way to push boundaries. Then the next minute, you are a piece of **** and a deplorable person out to get them (especially if you set clear boundaries). They seem sociopathic to me.  

This is just one side to them. They all have their own unique personalities and characteristics. So, I'm careful not to generalize. Also, note that many personality disorders' criteria lack specificity and validity. Therefore, it isn't surprising to see a blurring of symptoms. 

As humans, it's normal to seek ways to compensate in areas we perceive a lack or weakness in ourselves. It's really hard to know someone's motives until you sit down with them and engender insights on that. I think inferiority complex is a strong term. Some call it homeostasis, an attempt for humans to seek balance because any perceived disruption or dysregulation is going to cause psychological conflict. We either repress or deal with inner conflict when we feel it. How we deal with it is unique to each individual, and it can either be adaptive or maladaptive, depending on whether it impairs someone's overall levels of functioning. 

I promise to respond to this later.

Please refrain from this sort of discussion. It is irresponsible, not to mention unethical.

I am a licensed mental health professional (i.e., doctorate in clinical psychology) and feel obliged to call this out for what it is - unnecessary without any reasonable benefit.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, robbie_247 said:

Please refrain from this sort of discussion. It is irresponsible, not to mention unethical.

I am a licensed mental health professional (i.e., doctorate in clinical psychology) and feel obliged to call this out for what it is - unnecessary without any reasonable benefit.

Playing devil's advocate here, to be fair, but none of them are licensed. Therefore, they aren't mandated or obliged to comply with regulated ethical standards lol. However, it isn't generally in good taste to be assessing or diagnosing anyone. Though, this is breatheheavy. None of us restrain from being messy from time to time, haha. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Playing devil's advocate here, to be fair, but none of them are licensed. Therefore, they aren't mandated or obliged to comply with regulated ethical standards lol. However, it isn't generally in good taste to be assessing or diagnosing anyone. Though, this is breatheheavy. None of us restrain from being messy from time to time, haha. 

A little pepper in the soup is never a bad thing

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

A little pepper in the soup is never a bad thing

haha, and honestly, it's really hard to find true love in this world - especially if you're a celebrity. I usually give people some slack. There is an inverse relationship between our emotions and thinking processes. Therefore, love, in essence, impairs our judgment. You have to be a little daring and impractical if you want to be in love. It isn't for the faint of hearts. 

3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Great post. 

Working in this as well, I agree.  The rest of my post is an answer to other posts, not yours, cause you were clear and thorough and I agree.

Regarding clinical diagnosis on celebrities,  it is impossible. There is no way you can truly assess someone without being face to face and having interviewed them, being familiar with their history, there is no way. Having said that, I do think there is certain value on a possible and occasional speculation on certain lyrics or public behaviors, without necessarily taking them as a diagnosis. Not only is it unavoidable, but very mich natural to human curiosity. This can be useful in characterizing certain traits that might be hard to grasp. But yeah, anyone who considers themselves professional knows public diagnosis of public figures is a big no. It can be just a fun discussion. 

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block