Does Taylor Swift suffer from BPD or HPD?

12 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

I agree with some of your points, but I just find the discussing of someone’s mental health and labeling it when we don’t know the person is offensive. It’s like what Britney said. She didn’t want to be evaluated to get out of the conservatorship because she felt offended that her mental capacity was being questioned. Even if those people were trying to be nice (which we all know that they weren’t since they were in cahoots with Team Con to keep her imprisoned), it’s just wrong to start being like oh I think this person has this such and such mental problem because they do this.

It’s not respectful to question someone’s mental capacity which is what’s going on here since I saw that someone was saying Taylor isn’t mature and she acts like a teenage girl so there must be something mentally wrong with her, especially if you don’t know them personally and aren’t a licensed medical professional.

Now me saying she dates a lot is just an assumption, yes, but not as bad as saying that she’s got something mentally wrong with her. Not saying that it’s wrong if she does, but let her figure it out and tell people because that’s her business, and not ours to speculate over. Me saying she likes to date doesn’t mean anything bad, it’s not a bad assumption. I’m not out there calling her all the names a lot of people like to call her over this because it’s ok to date a lot. Everyone dates. Some more than others. Why settle down with someone if you don’t know if you’re going to be happy with them? 

It’s pretty evident she likes to date and not just settle on one person. It doesn’t mean she has a mental disorder. That’s just wrong to assume something that bold. I guess what I’m trying to say is that it’s ok to say she likes to date a lot, but it’s just not ok to just make comments about something personal as her mental health when it’s something she barely touches upon. That should be her own thing to talk about, not us. If we want to have a discussion about mental health we can, just not at someone else’s expense that has never publicly stated that they have something wrong with them because it just sounds like we’re trying to be doctors and diagnose someone is all.

I’m having a hard time trying to correctly explain this, so if anyone can explain it better, please be my guest lol.

I redpect your stance, but I do not agree with it fully. I think people fail to acknowledge when you achieve fame (and by no means is Swift's fame accidental), you are relinquishing certain aspects. You can not parade your relationships, build a career on them and then claim ppl should not even touch your privacy with a rose petal. It is unrealistic and totally utopic, because part of fame is becoming a mirror of people's fears, hopes and expectations. When Tom Cruise jumped over the couch, people questioned his mental health and honestly, it was not wrong to do so. When you see a homeless person on the street screaming to themselves, you question their wellbeing and mental health. It is normal human behavior. The fact that you like Swift doesn't mean she has not opened doors about her private life that obviosuly  bring attention to other darker aspects. She manages to sell records by, among other things, making people privy to knowing "the tea" of her life. I mean, I still read ppl saying they can't wait to listen to her songs about Travis. How do you expect ppl to be absurdly obsessed with these things, but be very resectful about not ever questioning her mental health? She has fed that monster for her own benefit, she has paraded her "love" on national tv. It is unavoidable for people to question things. 

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

Are you reachable outside of exhale? My DMs are disabled...

Gurl, I can't really provide any further professional advice other than to suggest referring your friend to seek therapy. If you need personal support, I'd suggest talking to victim services. 

17 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Gurl, I can't really provide any further professional advice other than to suggest referring your friend to seek therapy. If you need personal support, I'd suggest talking to victim services. 

Girl, but I just want to describe his behavior and your possible interpretation of that behavior. 

7 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

Girl, but I just want to describe his behavior and your possible interpretation of that behavior. 

I don't think you should spend too much time understanding their behaviour or seeking validation for your observations. If you are deeply concerned about them, the best you could do as a supportive friend is to encourage them to seek professional help since you are worried about their personal growth. Depending on how receptive they are, you may need to delve inward and consider whether you need to set boundaries for yourself. Don't be overly riddled or burdened by other people's problems. They aren't your battles to pick. Good luck!  

29 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I don't think you should spend too much time understanding their behaviour or seeking validation for your observations. If you are deeply concerned about them, the best you could do as a supportive friend is to encourage them to seek professional help since you are worried about their personal growth. Depending on how receptive they are, you may need to delve inward and consider whether you need to set boundaries for yourself. Don't be overly riddled or burdened by other people's problems. They aren't your battles to pick. Good luck!  

Looks like you misunderstood me. Nice day.

3 hours ago, Bigno said:

I redpect your stance, but I do not agree with it fully. I think people fail to acknowledge when you achieve fame (and by no means is Swift's fame accidental), you are relinquishing certain aspects. You can not parade your relationships, build a career on them and then claim ppl should not even touch your privacy with a rose petal. It is unrealistic and totally utopic, because part of fame is becoming a mirror of people's fears, hopes and expectations. When Tom Cruise jumped over rhe couch, people questioned his mental health and honestly, it was not wrong to do so. When you see a homeless person on the street screaming to thenselves, you question their wellbeing and mental health. It is normal human behavior. The fact that you like Swift doesn't mean she has opened doors about her private life that obviosuly open doors to other darker aspects. She manages to sell records by, among other things, making people privy to know "the tea". I mean, I still read ppl saying they can't wait to listen to her songs about Travis. How do you expect ppl to be absurdly obsessed with these absurdities, but be very resectful about not ever questioning her mental health? She has fed that monster for her own benefit, she has paraded her "love" on national tv. It is unavoidable for people to question things. 

I agree with you. By becoming popular, she gave up part of her privacy, and a lot of things surface that would not be seen by an "ordinary" person. The fact that she is a public person, so it becomes a subject of discussion. People can't pretend these celebrities don't do things that make people ask questions like mine. Also, they should have more responsibility in what is seen.

• Love 1

the dislike and obsession with her on this forum is bizarre. it's truly delusional to diminish her talent and song writing skills.

she's not going anywhere. get used to it. 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Edited by Kevney
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Kevney said:

the dislike and obsession with her on this forum is bizarre. it's truly delusional to diminish her talent and song writing skills.

I still think she's very talented though.
But I can't stand that she run her fanbase like a cult and treat music like tabloid.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

I agree with you. By becoming popular, she gave up part of her privacy, and a lot of things surface that would not be seen by an "ordinary" person. The fact that she is a public person, so it becomes a subject of discussion. People can't pretend these celebrities don't do things that make people ask questions like mine. Also, they should have more responsibility in what is seen.

Agreed and really, it is possible to fade. Many have done it. They do not do it because they do not want to.

I also corrected my post. It looked like I wrote it on dr**s Hahaha!!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Kevney said:

Except her songwriting and calculated promotion, what talent do you mean now?

11 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Did you asked me in what context I am interested in the interpretation of his behavior, that you are sending him and me to hospitalizations? Why shouldn't you be interested first in what I want to convey and make a final judgment based on that + where you want to send us? I feel like you're labeling me as a person hanging on to someone who is crazy himself and need a help.

No, it's that I don't know what to think about that person because it's never obvious what I'm up to with him. I just need to make a final opinion about that person to be able to classify him somewhere and move on.

On 3/7/2024 at 7:23 PM, The Femme Fatale said:

Then you should be more understanding how offensive it is to label someone you don’t even know something they probably don’t have. I mean how would you feel if I said that I think you have schizophrenia or that you have a personality disorder and started a whole thread discussing that and spreading it all over the internet when I don’t even know you nor am I a licensed psychiatrist? 

Not saying you have those things, just using it as an example to prove a point. It probably would upset you wouldn’t it, spreading false information about you and having everyone on the site speculate what is wrong with you when none of us know you personally. It would upset me.

Couldn’t agree with you more literally everything you said.

although I’d be careful about saying it’s offensive, I got a “warning” from the OP. Princess something for giving an opinion and saying it’s offensive and immature and the OP is apparently a MOD 

Gonna send an email when I can be bothered 

On 3/9/2024 at 9:45 AM, Kevney said:

Wouldn’t question it you will get points and a warning from the highly capable mods on this forum 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block