Does Taylor Swift suffer from BPD or HPD?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

It actually is because it’s offensive to people who actually suffer from mental diseases soooooo……

sit down shut up GIF by Robert E Blackmon

No one will forbid me from what I want to discuss. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

@The Femme Fatale I have sometimes an anxiety and depression, but it doesn't mean that I will pretend that it does not exist and that others cannot talk about it...

Edited by Wendy Williams
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

@The Femme Fatale I have sometimes an anxiety and depression, but it doesn't mean that I will pretend that it does not exist and that others cannot talk about it...

Then you should be more understanding how offensive it is to label someone you don’t even know something they probably don’t have. I mean how would you feel if I said that I think you have schizophrenia or that you have a personality disorder and started a whole thread discussing that and spreading it all over the internet when I don’t even know you nor am I a licensed psychiatrist? 

Not saying you have those things, just using it as an example to prove a point. It probably would upset you wouldn’t it, spreading false information about you and having everyone on the site speculate what is wrong with you when none of us know you personally. It would upset me.

10 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Then you should be more understanding how offensive it is to label someone you don’t even know something they probably don’t have. I mean how would you feel if I said that I think you have schizophrenia or that you have a personality disorder and started a whole thread discussing that and spreading it all over the internet when I don’t even know you nor am I a licensed psychiatrist? 

Not saying you have those things, just using it as an example to prove a point. It probably would upset you wouldn’t it, spreading false information about you and having everyone on the site speculate what is wrong with you when none of us know you personally. It would upset me.

It's one thing to ask if the person suffers from it and look for connections with their behavior, and it's another thing to judge people for their health problems. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

If you have nothing to do with the topic of the thread, I recommend spending the evening more usefully.

3 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

Yes, it is so stupid and superficial to judge others for their seexual orientation.

Stupid and sad but religious people are hypocrites, they hate gay people because is a “sin”  but a lot of them do terrible things 

Edited by Lucky☆
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Lucky☆ said:

Stupid and sad but religious people are hypocrites, they hate gay people because is a “sin”  but a lot of them do terrible things 

Yeah, they are probably the worst. They do bad things and then pretend to live decent lives without sin while standing in the mud.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

It's one thing to ask if the person suffers from it and look for connections with their behavior, and it's another thing to judge people for their health problems. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

If you have nothing to do with the topic of the thread, I recommend spending the evening more usefully.

What connection though? Nothing has to be a mental illness. It’s like this world wants to label every little thing anyone does on an illness that  it starts to diminish people who actually suffer from mental illnesses. That’s not right for those people like myself. It’s like saying “oh I’m so indecisive, I must have bipolar disorder” or “oh I act so different than other people, must be because I’m autistic”.

It takes away from people with actual mental illnesses when everyone is trying to find an excuse for a personality quirk. Not everything is a mental illness. Taylor likes to date a lot of guys, doesn’t mean that she has a personality disorder, that’s just what she likes to do. Britney likes to be quirky and push social boundaries on Instagram, doesn’t mean she is mentally unwell.

It’s getting old that everything has to have a label on it. Why can’t people just be people and live how they want to live without everyone speculating on what they have and who they are? Same goes for ***ual identity. Why must everything have a label? I’m a person, a living, breathing person. I suffer from a mental disorder, but that doesn’t define me as a person. I’m also gay and that also doesn’t define me as a person. I am who I am and I like what I like. I don’t need a label for every little thing in my life. I have personality quirks that I don’t blame on my mental illness or my ***ual identity. 

People need to just be people and just accept, hey I’m just a person and I’m different, but I don’t need to have a label for it. It’s just how I am and just what I like. That’s it. No speculating. People need to just be people.

2 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

What connection though? Nothing has to be a mental illness. It’s like this world wants to label every little thing anyone does on an illness that  it starts to diminish people who actually suffer from mental illnesses. That’s not right for those people like myself. It’s like saying “oh I’m so indecisive, I must have bipolar disorder” or “oh I act so different than other people, must be because I’m autistic”.

It takes away from people with actual mental illnesses when everyone is trying to find an excuse for a personality quirk. Not everything is a mental illness. Taylor likes to date a lot of guys, doesn’t mean that she has a personality disorder, that’s just what she likes to do. Britney likes to be quirky and push social boundaries on Instagram, doesn’t mean she is mentally unwell.

It’s getting old that everything has to have a label on it. Why can’t people just be people and live how they want to live without everyone speculating on what they have and who they are? Same goes for ***ual identity. Why must everything have a label? I’m a person, a living, breathing person. I suffer from a mental disorder, but that doesn’t define me as a person. I’m also gay and that also doesn’t define me as a person. I am who I am and I like what I like. I don’t need a label for every little thing in my life. I have personality quirks that I don’t blame on my mental illness or my ***ual identity. 

People need to just be people and just accept, hey I’m just a person and I’m different, but I don’t need to have a label for it. It’s just how I am and just what I like. That’s it. No speculating. People need to just be people.

Just wanted to jump in, because with all due respect, I feel like you are conflating things here. I think the thread has been very balanced and respectful. I have been dumbfounded by threads about Britney's mental health claiming she clearly needs a conservatorship. Now, that is wild because claiming to know what a person needs based on stupid online videos, as uncomfortable as they might be, is what is wrong with mental health discussions. 

Nobody here is claiming to have knowledge of Swift's issues, from the get go it is a, mostly, nuanced speculation.

Contrary to your argument, I think it is not bad for ppl to be familiar with certain mental health concepts that can be bridged trough pop culture discourse. Of course, with the awareness of not taking them lightly as if we could mislabel everything and everyone out there. But how does a converdation like this diminish your well being? Honest question. 

Now, you say we do not have knowledge of Swift's mental health, which is obvious and accurate. Then, how do you have the knowledge to claim "she kust likes ro date a bunch of guys and that is it?". So, do we have knowledge of her mental health or is your statement just another assumption, like every other post here? Cause yeah, she could very well just like to jump from one dude to another or that could be a trait. Nobody knows, bit you do not either.

I do agree that the overusage of "labels" can take away from the real issues. For example, sonething widely discussed in the mental health field is how the exploitation of the term "trauma" online and elsewhere, has taken away the true dimension of trauma. Now, everyone has had "trauma". I see that point. But, so far, I think the majority of those who have posted here have been vocal about the "who knows" part and these type of dicussions should not become taboo. If handled respectfully, they can be interesting and even enlightening for some.

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

That's why it's called a discussion. It's not about labeling someone, but whether it's possible. I don't think you understand what I'm talking about or what this thread is about. Let's talk about whether it is possible that he has it or not...

On 3/6/2024 at 2:30 AM, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

In my experience, when I worked with someone with HPD, they were making effortful attempts to appear seductive to the point where it just seemed absurd and awkward. For example, we're here to talk about your long-standing issues, but there were many attempts where they would talk about their traumas while looking at me doe-eyed and talking about them seductively as they played with their hair or clothes, lol. It seemed more like ADHD, where they were really attention-seeking. The more they felt rejected, the more mistrust and depression they felt. The more depressed they felt, the more attention-seeking behaviour they engaged in as an attempt to attain acceptance from others. 

People with BPD are highly suicidal, in my experience, and it's because they feel empty inside for no reason. They make you feel like you are their best friend and use that as a way to push boundaries. Then the next minute, you are a piece of **** and a deplorable person out to get them (especially if you set clear boundaries). They seem sociopathic to me.  

This is just one side to them. They all have their own unique personalities and characteristics. So, I'm careful not to generalize. Also, note that many personality disorders' criteria lack specificity and validity. Therefore, it isn't surprising to see a blurring of symptoms. 

As humans, it's normal to seek ways to compensate in areas we perceive a lack or weakness in ourselves. It's really hard to know someone's motives until you sit down with them and engender insights on that. I think inferiority complex is a strong term. Some call it homeostasis, an attempt for humans to seek balance because any perceived disruption or dysregulation is going to cause psychological conflict. We either repress or deal with inner conflict when we feel it. How we deal with it is unique to each individual, and it can either be adaptive or maladaptive, depending on whether it impairs someone's overall levels of functioning. 

Is it possible that people with this or ADHD disorder are trying divert attention from themselves to think to have everything under control? And when they got attention, why do they really want her? Is it just about making them feel special, like Taylor?

And with the second type, people look for friends to get attention from them and possibly throw them away if they don't get what they want?

10 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

That's why it's called a discussion. It's not about labeling someone, but whether it's possible. I don't think you understand what I'm talking about or what this thread is about. Let's talk about whether it is possible that he has it or not...

Is it possible that people with this or ADHD disorder are trying divert attention from themselves to think to have everything under control? And when they got attention, why do they really want her? Is it just about making them feel special, like Taylor?

And with the second type, people look for friends to get attention from them and possibly throw them away if they don't get what they want?

ADHD is different in the sense that these individuals are highly distractable. That is, they are attention-seeking and hyperactive, not in an attempt to gain acceptance by others, but because they can't focus well. Those with HPD aren't narcissistic in the sense that they need to feel "special" or that they see themselves as "special." It's just that they crave acceptance or acknowledgment. The problem is because this is their sole motive and intention, you can't form deep relationships with others on this basis. Their relationships lack substance and, therefore, are quite shallow. You wouldn't know this at first. They seem very charismatic, and at first, you might find their theatrics endearing, but when it starts to feel more like attention-seeking, you end up distancing yourself. They feel this rejection. It's only natural to feel depressed. As a result, you fall back on what you think will work best cause it worked for you before in attracting people by being even more theatrical and gregarious, but of course, this only backfires on them. It's an endless vicious cycle. Sadly, these people don't know how to form deep relationships with others. They don't toss people. People toss them aside. They actually do well with other narcissists because they love all the glory and all the attention, so they keep people with HPD around them. Again, these relationships aren't deep, lol. The relationship is very ego-based. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Bigno said:

Just wanted to jump in, because with all due respect, I feel like you are conflating things here. I think the thread has been very balanced and respectful. I have been dumbfounded by threads about Britney's mental health claiming she clearly needs a conservatorship. Now, that is wild because claiming to know what a person needs based on stupid online videos, as uncomfortable as they might be, is what is wrong with mental health discussions. 

Nobody here is claiming to have knowledge of Swift's issues, from the get go it is a, mostly, nuanced speculation.

Contrary to your argument, I think it is not bad for ppl to be familiar with certain mental health concepts that can be bridged trough pop culture discourse. Of course, with the awareness of not taking them lightly as if we could mislabel everything and everyone out there. But how does a converdation like this diminish your well being? Honest question. 

Now, you say we do not have knowledge of Swift's mental health, which is obvious and accurate. Then, how do you have the knowledge to claim "she kust likes ro date a bunch of guys and that is it?". So, do we have knowledge of her mental health or is your statement just another assumption, like every other post here? Cause yeah, she could very well just like to jump from one dude to another or that could be a trait. Nobody knows, bit you do not either.

I do agree that the overusage of "labels" can take away from the real issues. For example, sonething widely discussed in the mental health field is how the exploitation of the term "trauma" online and elsewhere, has taken away the true dimension of trauma. Now, everyone has had "trauma". I see that point. But, so far, I think the majority of those who have posted here have been vocal about the "who knows" part and these type of dicussions should not become taboo. If handled respectfully, they can be interesting and even enlightening for some.

I agree with some of your points, but I just find the discussing of someone’s mental health and labeling it when we don’t know the person is offensive. It’s like what Britney said. She didn’t want to be evaluated to get out of the conservatorship because she felt offended that her mental capacity was being questioned. Even if those people were trying to be nice (which we all know that they weren’t since they were in cahoots with Team Con to keep her imprisoned), it’s just wrong to start being like oh I think this person has this such and such mental problem because they do this.

It’s not respectful to question someone’s mental capacity which is what’s going on here since I saw that someone was saying Taylor isn’t mature and she acts like a teenage girl so there must be something mentally wrong with her, especially if you don’t know them personally and aren’t a licensed medical professional.

Now me saying she dates a lot is just an assumption, yes, but not as bad as saying that she’s got something mentally wrong with her. Not saying that it’s wrong if she does, but let her figure it out and tell people because that’s her business, and not ours to speculate over. Me saying she likes to date doesn’t mean anything bad, it’s not a bad assumption. I’m not out there calling her all the names a lot of people like to call her over this because it’s ok to date a lot. Everyone dates. Some more than others. Why settle down with someone if you don’t know if you’re going to be happy with them? 

It’s pretty evident she likes to date and not just settle on one person. It doesn’t mean she has a mental disorder. That’s just wrong to assume something that bold. I guess what I’m trying to say is that it’s ok to say she likes to date a lot, but it’s just not ok to just make comments about something personal as her mental health when it’s something she barely touches upon. That should be her own thing to talk about, not us. If we want to have a discussion about mental health we can, just not at someone else’s expense that has never publicly stated that they have something wrong with them because it just sounds like we’re trying to be doctors and diagnose someone is all.

I’m having a hard time trying to correctly explain this, so if anyone can explain it better, please be my guest lol.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
1 hour ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

ADHD is different in the sense that these individuals are highly distractable. That is, they are attention-seeking and hyperactive, not in an attempt to gain acceptance by others, but because they can't focus well. Those with HPD aren't narcissistic in the sense that they need to feel "special" or that they see themselves as "special." It's just that they crave acceptance or acknowledgment. The problem is because this is their sole motive and intention, you can't form deep relationships with others on this basis. Their relationships lack substance and, therefore, are quite shallow. You wouldn't know this at first. They seem very charismatic, and at first, you might find their theatrics endearing, but when it starts to feel more like attention-seeking, you end up distancing yourself. They feel this rejection. It's only natural to feel depressed. As a result, you fall back on what you think will work best cause it worked for you before in attracting people by being even more theatrical and gregarious, but of course, this only backfires on them. It's an endless vicious cycle. Sadly, these people don't know how to form deep relationships with others. They don't toss people. People toss them aside. They actually do well with other narcissists because they love all the glory and all the attention, so they keep people with HPD around them. Again, these relationships aren't deep, lol. The relationship is very ego-based. 

Honestly, how would you help these 3 types of people? Is there a way to talk to you outside of Exhale? I need to talk about one my friend and his behavior.

20 hours ago, Bigno said:

Thank you. I would like this user to simply talk about the topic and not try to see things as they are not, because it looks then like stirring a pot. We can talk about the behavior of others without "labels".

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

Honestly, how would you help these 3 types of people? Is there a way to talk to you outside of Exhale? I need to talk about one my friend and his behavior.

Tell them to go to therapy, lol. They need to work on their interpersonal skills and engender insights on what's driving their behaviours in the hopes of seeing connections between their disruptive behaviours contributing to unstable or failed relationships.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Tell them to go to therapy, lol. They need to work on their interpersonal skills and engender insights on what's driving their behaviours in the hopes of seeing connections between their disruptive behaviours contributing to unstable or failed relationships.

Are you reachable outside of exhale? My DMs are disabled...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block