Britney’s ‘I Have Nothing’ is being digitized & restored

52 minutes ago, camerasareflashin' said:

With Audacity 

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

That;s fine. Digitizing tapes with this cheap equipment is not the best, but at least it's a direct rip. Now if they share the un-edited file we can work things out and remove some of that noise in Adobe Audition.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Is RCA truly desperate for her to release new material? I honestly doubt it. I'm sure they want her to release new stuff but I would not label it as desperate. They're still making money from her streaming numbers so :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

The right moment for an EP was in October when The GODess In Me was released. They could  have offered a bundle Book + physical/digital EP. She sold 400,000 copies for her book the first week so imagine the amount of EP she would have sold as well  :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Well there’s so many rumors that they want a new release from her that there’s gotta be some truth to it and it seems they desperately want it plus she does owe them another one.  

We all know RCA isn’t smart when it comes to marketing her so yes that would’ve been the right time to release something but they didn’t cash in on it! I’m holding out hope for a rare/unreleased compilation sometime in the near future! 

• Love 2
On 2/26/2024 at 12:43 PM, Kartofelek said:

That;s fine. Digitizing tapes with this cheap equipment is not the best, but at least it's a direct rip. Now if they share the un-edited file we can work things out and remove some of that noise in Adobe Audition.

Just a heads up, they didn’t work on the tape using Audacity, that’s just the program they used to record the tape. From the looks of it they have an actual sound engineer working on the rip so it should hopefully sound pretty good. 

3 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

So, is it finally digitized after a week and ready to share online?

This is the last update shared yesterday:

Edited by BraveNewSeth
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Kartofelek said:

All this recording needs is to remove the tape hiss, which takes like 2 minutes in Adobe Audition. 

So is the original lossless rip going to leak, or is it now being held hostage until we all go crazy about the countless 'remasters'?

The guy behind the rip with Marissa Selena is on vacay but as soon as he's back, he will be done with it.

7 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

All this recording needs is to remove the tape hiss, which takes like 2 minutes in Adobe Audition. 

So is the original lossless rip going to leak, or is it now being held hostage until we all go crazy about the countless 'remasters'?

This specific tape is gonna need a lot more work than just hiss removal. You have to remember this song wasn’t recorded professionally in a studio. When Britney recorded this she was too poor to rent a recording studio, so they literally held a tape recorder up to her mouth and had her sing into it. I’m glad they have an actual sound engineer working on it because I’m sure the restoration process for something like this is intricate. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

This specific tape is gonna need a lot more work than just hiss removal. You have to remember this song wasn’t recorded professionally in a studio. When Britney recorded this she was too poor to rent a recording studio, so they literally held a tape recorder up to her mouth and had her sing into it. I’m glad they have an actual sound engineer working on it because I’m sure the restoration process for something like this is intricate. 

Lies, lies & more lies

11 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

That doesn't explain why a direct tape rip isn't shared yet.

11 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

Girl, I had remastered Britney's Singapore 3 audios in less than hour. This is just whole attention seeking for nothing. If it took them more than week, they CAN'T do that :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but nobody gaf that you can remaster audio :brit2016_britney_bikini_orange_dance_beach_swimming:

Im glad this tape is in the hands of an actual engineer using industry standard techniques and not a simple mastering plugin like you probably would use IJBOL :brit2016_britney_bikini_orange_dance_beach_swimming:

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Ultimately I would rather have an actual professional working on the rip rather than stans who are gonna run it through a few filters and be done with it, so I’m fine waiting a few more days :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Exactly

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block