Rumor: Britney may release rarities album to end her contract with RCA

8 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Glory was only the first album of a 3-4 albums deal.

Releasing 1 rarities album won't finish the contract. 

Devil's advocate: RCA may have decided not to really pursue anything, less they get dragged into the current courtroom mess...

4 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

No, it’s all true. I was here during each update. For every era following b/o… She described the album as urban and that it was not. Danja would’ve had a bigger role and he said how her team wanted a poppier sound. With  Ff there was a writers camp, and that was also gonna be more urban. And deeper material like “everyday.” they scrapped everything, and made her record max martin songs. There’s writers that came out and said the album they are releasing isn’t what she wants or she wanted. Same for Britney Jean it was gonna have a “hip pop” vibe produced by ester dean created “dip” for Brit. B it her team declined. Britney Jean was expected to be produced by  hit boy(that’s why he’s on s&s remix without bein a rapper) Danja, darkchild, there’s even footage of Brit in the studio WITH darkchild on X factor when Simon tells her she will be mentoring the kids, but after scream and shout her team let will I am produce…don’t question my fandom especially when it comes to waiting patiently for r&bney…I honestly think glory had r&b b/c I dragged them to filth and explained that white  ppl aren’t the only  fans she has and she has always made music for everyone so why are they scrapping everything…I posted it on universe as at the time ppl were  boycotting bh for becoming  a pop site. LYNNE loved that site and the owner so I’m sure she caught wind of my read. They didn’t have many members or post. After I dragged her performances I saw more effort in 2015 too lol. The queen gave her og fans everything  they needed on glory and finally served b/o, Britney, itz realness for the first time since b/o mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

I also remember that she described BJ as more personal, artistic and rock.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

in other words, no receipts. got it. thanks

Dude don't be lazy.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

<p>Britney Spears' recording contract with the former Jive Records has one album left, and among those...

And this one literally says she re-upped her record deal in 2014, meaning, Glory was the first album under the new deal:

https://variety.com/2014/music/news/britney-spears-interview-las-vegas-residency-1201293159/

9 hours ago, Body ache said:

I think since she signed the deal while under the cship which was deemed corrupt she can fight it. RCA probably doesn't want the bad press so maybe they told her to release a final album to get out of the contract.

It isn't deemed corrupt, just because we say it was corrupt doesn't mean it was legally decided to be corrupt. She was freed as the cship ended but the corruption of the cship itself is still pending/ongoing, meaning the contract could very well still stands as nothing has been ruled yet.

Jamie was legally obligated to sign for, and as, Britney Spears. He sealed the deals way before the cship ended so the contract should still be in order since at the time of inking the deal, everything was fine legally.

We don't know the fine lines of the contract but they most likely would have put in a clausule disclosing the possibility of the cship ending that would still require her to fulfill the contract.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

No, it’s all true. I was here during each update. For every era following b/o… She described the album as urban and that it was not. Danja would’ve had a bigger role and he said how her team wanted a poppier sound. With  Ff there was a writers camp, and that was also gonna be more urban. And deeper material like “everyday.” they scrapped everything, and made her record max martin songs. There’s writers that came out and said the album they are releasing isn’t what she wants or she wanted. Same for Britney Jean it was gonna have a “hip pop” vibe produced by ester dean created “dip” for Brit. B it her team declined. Britney Jean was expected to be produced by  hit boy(that’s why he’s on s&s remix without bein a rapper) Danja, darkchild, there’s even footage of Brit in the studio WITH darkchild on X factor when Simon tells her she will be mentoring the kids, but after scream and shout her team let will I am produce…don’t question my fandom especially when it comes to waiting patiently for r&bney…I honestly think glory had r&b b/c I dragged them to filth and explained that white  ppl aren’t the only  fans she has and she has always made music for everyone so why are they scrapping everything…I posted it on universe as at the time ppl were  boycotting bh for becoming  a pop site. LYNNE loved that site and the owner so I’m sure she caught wind of my read. They didn’t have many members or post. After I dragged her performances I saw more effort in 2015 too lol. The queen gave her og fans everything  they needed on glory and finally served b/o, Britney, itz realness for the first time since b/o mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

I was there too and you're completely right.

To add even more:

The original Femme Fatale was supposed to be released in 2010 as confirmed by Danja who teased stuff coming soon back then. Adam Leber, one of the managers denied these rumours.

Around august of 2010 there were mysterious teasers on the Australian GimmeBritney fansite that said "shh...it's a secret". That fansite previously had exclusives such as the Circus album cover before anyone else had.

There was also a BIG rumour Britney had collaborated with Dutch DJ Tiesto around April of 2010. There are a bunch of Dutch articles about it available on the internet.

The writers camp started only after all of this. The original album was completely scrapped as Jive/RCA wasn't happy with it and wanted it to be more Pop focused. Then the writers camp happened.

Rumoured songs of the original Femme Fatale at that time included Tear The Club Up, Downtown and more. 

Up'n Down, 3, I wanna Go and I believe Criminal too were recorded at the same time in Stockholm if I recall correctly.

As for Britney Jean, Hit-Boy was indeed to have a big impact on the album. After Will.I.Am got in charge there was even a Whiz Khalifa feature (he confirmed himself that and songwriter Jean Baptiste confirmed it as well). That's rumoured ro be called "Police". 

Other rumoured producers that didn't end up on the BJ album we have now, were Danja (again) and Diplo.

• Love 1

Fake but I believe her team will steal the idea from fans  and do the rarities if Britney still refuse to work. 

That's the only good option instead of AI Britney or Myah Britney.

I just don't know if this works for her contract. 

She probably needs more two or three albums out. Glory was the first one.

42 minutes ago, LeglessJamie said:

It isn't deemed corrupt, just because we say it was corrupt doesn't mean it was legally decided to be corrupt. She was freed as the cship ended but the corruption of the cship itself is still pending/ongoing, meaning the contract could very well still stands as nothing has been ruled yet.

Jamie was legally obligated to sign for, and as, Britney Spears. He sealed the deals way before the cship ended so the contract should still be in order since at the time of inking the deal, everything was fine legally.

We don't know the fine lines of the contract but they most likely would have put in a clausule disclosing the possibility of the cship ending that would still require her to fulfill the contract.

Either way RCA doesn't want bad press and I'm sure they also don't want to force Britney to do anything she didn't want to do considering what she went through.

6 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Dude don't be lazy.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

<p>Britney Spears' recording contract with the former Jive Records has one album left, and among those...

And this one literally says she re-upped her record deal in 2014, meaning, Glory was the first album under the new deal:

https://variety.com/2014/music/news/britney-spears-interview-las-vegas-residency-1201293159/

This says she renewed her contract “dude”. Nowhere on the internet is it confirmed how many albums the contract was for. Don’t make things up dude. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

This says she renewed her contract “dude”. Nowhere on the internet is it confirmed how many albums the contract was for. Don’t make things up dude. 

Ofcourse it doesn't. But record deals are standard 3-4 albums and Glory was the first of a new deal.

Record companies don't go through all the struggles of negotiations for only 1 or 2 albums lol.

@CJMCHyou know a lot of this stuff too as you confirmed what I said earlier.

Ps: your attitude could be nicer. You clearly didn't know Glory was the first album of a new record deal until I told you so don't go acting as if you're THAT up to date in these matters.

8 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

I was there too and you're completely right.

To add even more:

The original Femme Fatale was supposed to be released in 2010 as confirmed by Danja who teased stuff coming soon back then. Adam Leber, one of the managers denied these rumours.

Around august of 2010 there were mysterious teasers on the Australian GimmeBritney fansite that said "shh...it's a secret". That fansite previously had exclusives such as the Circus album cover before anyone else had.

There was also a BIG rumour Britney had collaborated with Dutch DJ Tiesto around April of 2010. There are a bunch of Dutch articles about it available on the internet.

The writers camp started only after all of this. The original album was completely scrapped as Jive/RCA wasn't happy with it and wanted it to be more Pop focused. Then the writers camp happened.

Rumoured songs of the original Femme Fatale at that time included Tear The Club Up, Downtown and more. 

Up'n Down, 3, I wanna Go and I believe Criminal too were recorded at the same time in Stockholm if I recall correctly.

As for Britney Jean, Hit-Boy was indeed to have a big impact on the album. After Will.I.Am got in charge there was even a Whiz Khalifa feature (he confirmed himself that and songwriter Jean Baptiste confirmed it as well). That's rumoured ro be called "Police". 

Other rumoured producers that didn't end up on the BJ album we have now, were Danja (again) and Diplo.

Periodt sis I been stannin since baby one more time. Thanks for backing up this tea chile. mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

23 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Glory was only the first album of a 3-4 albums deal.

Releasing 1 rarities album won't finish the contract. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m almost sure that it would finish the deal as two other releases could fall under the contract (loophole).

(1) Glory, (2) Oops! Remixes and B-Sides, (3) Glory Deluxe reissue

3 minutes ago, CenterOfTheRing98 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m almost sure that it would finish the deal as two other releases could fall under the contract (loophole).

(1) Glory, (2) Oops! Remixes and B-Sides, (3) Glory Deluxe reissue

Record deals are for studio albums so Glory was her first studio album under this renewed contract. Remixes and B sides is a compilation album, and Glory 2020 is a re-issued album. Now we don't have specifics on her RCA contract, but the norm is artists sign for 3 or 4 studio albums. Reports from 2014 noted that RCA gave her creative freedom so that could imply a lot of things, including no deadlines/pressure in recording a new album.  

I said this before but I honestly don't think Britney is unhappy with RCA. She's profiting from her music catalogue and there's no pressure with anything. This year will mark an 8-year-gap since her last studio album so that speaks volumes imo. Unless something drastics happens, she won't end her contract :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block