Rumor: Britney may release rarities album to end her contract with RCA

Whether real or not this rumor gives me hope! I would love to hear unreleased or rare Britney songs on a new release album. The public generally just knows her biggest hits and singles. And rare bonus tracks or unreleased songs would honestly feel fresh and new still.

Some of my favorite Britney songs are unreleased and I can only hear them on YouTube. If these were available to purchase or steam I would do so! A good song can hit the top of the charts without any other promo. Just look at Hold Me Closer.

This would be a win/win for all parties so please let it happen 🙏

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Record deals are for studio albums so Glory was her first studio album under this renewed contract. Remixes and B sides is a compilation album, and Glory 2020 is a re-issued album. Now we don't have specifics on her RCA contract, but the norm is artists sign for 3 or 4 studio albums. Reports from 2014 noted that RCA gave her creative freedom so that could imply a lot of things, including no deadlines/pressure in recording a new album.  

I said this before but I honestly don't think Britney is unhappy with RCA. She's profiting from her music catalogue and there's no pressure with anything. This year will mark an 8-year-gap since her last studio album so that speaks volumes imo. Unless something drastics happens, she won't end her contract :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Somebody that gets it.

3 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Ofcourse it doesn't. But record deals are standard 3-4 albums and Glory was the first of a new deal.

Record companies don't go through all the struggles of negotiations for only 1 or 2 albums lol.

@CJMCHyou know a lot of this stuff too as you confirmed what I said earlier.

Ps: your attitude could be nicer. You clearly didn't know Glory was the first album of a new record deal until I told you so don't go acting as if you're THAT up to date in these matters.

Tiffany Pollard Reaction GIF

i'm all set on you boo. thanks! my question was where do you have receipts of the specific number of albums left in her contract. YOU then came at me with a condescending/reprimanding tone...ya know what never mind, the internet is dumb. best to you god bless. don't come at people like that.

Kinda sad she can’t just do one more album. She’d have a lot more creative control.  It’s not like she’s busy. Her fans have done so much for her, but I feel she could really care less about us. Yeah she doesn’t owe us anything but the way she left her career is just messy. I just think she’s so far mentally gone and in her stubborn “I hate everyone” mindset that she’s not coming back. Defend her all you want but you know deep down she’s not mentally ok. The way people keep leaving her life and not wanting to talk to her says a lot. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Like 5
  • Content Curators

We get this every year now. For all we know Rosengart’s legal team has managed to get her out of that supposed 2 album deal and no longer has to fulfill a contract in any way shape or form ever again. 

Edited by Cqleb
6 minutes ago, Cqleb said:

We get this every year now. For all we know Rosengart’s legal team has managed to get her out of that supposed 2 album deal and no longer has to fulfill a contract in any way shape or form ever again. 

Lol this is not true! Where did you get this? Britney is still signed with RCA 

On 1/31/2024 at 2:38 AM, LeglessJamie said:

It isn't deemed corrupt, just because we say it was corrupt doesn't mean it was legally decided to be corrupt. She was freed as the cship ended but the corruption of the cship itself is still pending/ongoing, meaning the contract could very well still stands as nothing has been ruled yet.

Jamie was legally obligated to sign for, and as, Britney Spears. He sealed the deals way before the cship ended so the contract should still be in order since at the time of inking the deal, everything was fine legally.

We don't know the fine lines of the contract but they most likely would have put in a clausule disclosing the possibility of the cship ending that would still require her to fulfill the contract.

That’s the ****ed up thing….until the cship is determined to be unlawful,  they technically can’t terminate contracts. Charges have to be filed and proved.  Once it is determined unlawful,  that is when she can choose to exit.  In a case like this it will take years.  

All we can hope for is the best outcome, really.  

if any celeb deserved justice it is her!

to be OT: I would love this if she was into it, but if it’s forced, keep it until she is free of all obligations.  

A rare/ unreleased album would be great but with the concept of gettin something united - so maybe also remix some songs to get a cohesive album with 12 songs or something. 

I don‘t like the idea of another Best of/Greatest Hits - she already had to many and since we are in the streaming era it doesn’t make any sense to release something like this imo. 

In my heart of hearts I believe Britney will return with a new album. 
Before you call me completely delusional…

It’s not coming anytime soon.. but it’ll happen. 
Just over the last few days I’ve been thinking to myself, this woman really is so powerful. She doesn’t have to lift a finger, and a song nearing thirteen years old, an ultimately basic but fun album track in Britney terms… can hit the top of a chart in spite of a nasty ex-boyfriend. Name another artist in current times that has that big of an impact on the general public…..

I suppose there’s Taylor Swift,  but meh.

What I’m really getting at is I believe this whole situation with JT etc will be the fuel to turn over a new leaf. Let’s be real, she’s not mentally well atm. And hasn’t been for a long while… and that’s ok. Nobody would be after what she has endured. This total retirement she’s in at present will come to and end. Have faith! :)
She’s got nothing to lose at this point, and realistically she’s going to soon get bored of this current life she’s living. 

Underneath it all.. all she really wants is love. And we fans can give her that… it’s just not all the love she needs.  :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block