Taylor Swift is the current biggest name in pop BUT does she actually have anything iconic?

16 hours ago, Richie said:

shock value doesn't work the same way nowadays with social media. everything comes and goes so fast 

the reason she's big is marketing and keeping a clean image

for those saying she can't sing or some of the things she's done only matter to white gays... girl this is literally a Britney Spears forum

she's basically what britney would be if she never went "edgy" on her third album. the edgier taylor went was LWYMMD and it's still a pretty clean aesthetic compared to Britney's, Madonna or Gaga's videos. Madonna and Gaga always went for the gay public and true shock value, while Britney had the young girls once too, but she lost them the minute parents stopped liking her. People would take their kids to the Onyx Hotel Tour and leave horrified. Taylor is 32 and she's still singing with her guitar and long coloured dresses, she keeps her younger audience growing while her core fan base at this point have been with her for many years. She has the best team in music business and she has work ethic and she can handle big levels of fame without letting pressure get to her. 

I honestly don't see her going down ever, she might end up challenging madonna on biggest record sales or at least a close second 

This comment is spot on. It's kind of genius she realized going "bad" and turning away a core audience would result in less profit, when that was a thing popstars did before her (Britney, Christina, Jessica, Miley, etc.). She makes decisions based on logic, business, and a sliver of ice in her heart (ruthless in her own way), whereas Britney never had that kind of team, family support, nor ruthless mentality.

Edited by Alice in Wonderland
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2023 at 1:04 AM, B In The Mix said:

She’s really good in marketing her eras. All of her albuns have a differente aesthetic. And a lot of her videos are iconic and well produced: Blank Space, Shake It Off, Look What You Make Me Do, You Need To Calm Down, Anti-Hero, Karma, that one with 10 minutes. It’s all celebrated for her fans. It’s not because you’re not a fan  and don’t know her work that her work is not “iconic”. And I’m saying that not being a fan, but having a lot of friends that are her fans.

tbh it is quite repetitive that she always have videos about multiple of herself… that’s how self absorbed she is

like c’mon be creative stop me me me me me me like attention O

• Like 1

Is her work, workmanship, dedication and professionalism not proof enough? I get it, I was a massive Britney stan back in the day but after what Britney endured, she doesn’t want to work anymore and that’s ok. But why is there this constant need to put Taylor down and question her when she’s working so hard and giving her fans what they want? As a pop music lover, I couldn’t be more grateful for Taylor. She’s made pop music eventful again. Who else is doing that!? And hey, you don’t need to like her or even pay attention to her. That’s your choice. Britney would not appreciate her fans putting other artists down. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Alice in Wonderland said:

This comment is spot on. It's kind of genius she realized going "bad" and turning away a core audience would result in less profit, when that was a thing popstars did before her (Britney, Christina, Jessica, Miley, etc.). She makes decisions based on logic, business, and a sliver of ice in her heart (ruthless in her own way), whereas Britney never had that kind of team, family support, nor ruthless mentality.

thank you!! people think it takes an unnatural type of talent to succeed and while it does in some cases it is better to have be cold hearted or rational, and of course having a smart team behind. 

2 hours ago, Innate said:

Is her work, workmanship, dedication and professionalism not proof enough? I get it, I was a massive Britney stan back in the day but after what Britney endured, she doesn’t want to work anymore and that’s ok. But why is there this constant need to put Taylor down and question her when she’s working so hard and giving her fans what they want? As a pop music lover, I couldn’t be more grateful for Taylor. She’s made pop music eventful again. Who else is doing that!? And hey, you don’t need to like her or even pay attention to her. That’s your choice. Britney would not appreciate her fans putting other artists down. 

Haven’t put Taylor down at all…

I’ve mentioned she’s a great entertainer. Just comparing her to past biggest names in pop music. No hate towards her! 

Edited by jamesedward94

Yeah, I believe she does. For the GP it is probably bad blood, blank space and you belong with me, for instance. 

I do like her. And she can be iconic, Britney can be iconic all at the same time.

For me what appeals for me/what I like about Taylor's work is the songwriting and how genuine it seems to show her feelings and thoughts though it. And of course catchy pop songs. The song all too well has both qualities I said. 

I personally prefer all too well and you belong with me among the bigger hits.

But I generally speaking I do enjoy her career and I can she is really talented (however she could have been more supportive to the families of fans who di-d in recent concerts in Brazil, yeah).

taylor swift hair GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

I enjoy Taylor’s music but I get annoyed with her because EVERYTHING is so calculated.  She’s a smart business woman because she has a facade that’s she’s so relatable, but is she really?  Do we even know anything about the real Taylor?

to answer the question, I can’t think of much that is memorable about her career.  Good, catchy pop songs but even those fade over the years.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, The One and Only said:

I'm not the one who's a grown-*** man pushing 40 that stans Taylor Swift, a mediocre girl with immature songs about broken hearts and victim mentality aimed at 13-year-old girls

azealia-banks-selfie.gif

I’m 32 and probably look 20 years younger than you ever would. Your rank, rude and embarrassing and I’m not pushing anything just really needed to tell you about yourself supposed you ain’t banned from this forum 

nanight luv 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gewakefie said:

I’m 32 and probably look 20 years younger than you ever would. Your rank, rude and embarrassing and I’m not pushing anything just really needed to tell you about yourself supposed you ain’t banned from this forum 

Sure-Grandma-Meme-Template-on-Get-You-To-Bed.jpg

I didn't say anything wrong, I shared my opinion about your fave and you got defensive about it and now you're crying because someone gave you a taste of your own medicine :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Why are Swifties always so immature, obsessive and defensive? Discuss.

• Haha 1

The re-records (though she’s not the first. Hi Jojo!) are kind of a huge moment that the GP knows all about. “Taylor’s Version” has become a cultural zeitgeist. And honestly the Era’s Tour in general is having a huge cultural impact (look at what it’s doing for the economy of every city it visits.) Look at the NFL stuff happening right now because of Taylor + Travis Kelce. If she decided to do the Super Bowl in 2025 it would probably be the most watched ever. And I’m saying that as someone who only sort of enjoys her music.  I’m not a swifty, but there’s no denying she is that girl.

And while her “big moments” look a lot different to what Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Britney’s looked like, yes, they are as culturally significant in 2023. And the girl has hits upon hits going back 15+ years. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The One and Only said:

Sure-Grandma-Meme-Template-on-Get-You-To-Bed.jpg

I didn't say anything wrong, I shared my opinion about your fave and you got defensive about it and now you're crying because someone gave you a taste of your own medicine :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Why are Swifties always so immature, obsessive and defensive? Discuss.

I’m a Britney fan and a Taylor fan mate. And what medicine is this cos all I remember is you being rude in reply to a comment so get off your high horse and pipe down it’s fans like you that make me embarrassed to be a Britney fan. Grow up and stop being rude simples. 🤪

On 11/17/2023 at 6:29 PM, jamesedward94 said:

Haven’t put Taylor down at all…

I’ve mentioned she’s a great entertainer. Just comparing her to past biggest names in pop music. No hate towards her! 

I’m not saying you have at all. I’m really sorry if my post seemed directed at you personally, it wasn’t. I just meant generally. There just seems to be too many fan bases against other fan bases. Britney’s incredible and so is Taylor. I don’t really see many comparisons besides them both being pop stars.

On 11/23/2023 at 5:11 AM, Innate said:

I’m not saying you have at all. I’m really sorry if my post seemed directed at you personally, it wasn’t. I just meant generally. There just seems to be too many fan bases against other fan bases. Britney’s incredible and so is Taylor. I don’t really see many comparisons besides them both being pop stars.

It’s cool! I understand. She’s incredible for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block