“Everytime” Co-Writer Accused Britney of Not Giving Her Writing Credits

She's told like 3 versions of this story and each she shows off different feelings for Britney; gratitude and "she was the one who wrote the song, I just helped with some words", "Britney is crazy and she isnt a real artist" and "she didn't credit me properly"

Edited by Applejack
  • Love 3
  • Like 6

Old news and she was credited.  Prior to the album’s release, I guess, she was told she didn’t co-write it, but she proved she did so she was credited.  She wasn’t even told that by Britney.  Probably by someone who didn’t want her credited to make the song appear more close to Britney.  Maybe Britney did claim she didn’t help write the song…we don’t know…but ultimately she was credited at the time of the song’s release so that’s that.

• Like 3

I would like to thank each and everyone who took the time out of their obviously very busy and eventful lives to insult and bully me for finding this article today and for being intrigued by it. 

Your level of maturity is truly outstanding, considering that I posted this under the ‘rumor’ and ‘opinion’ tags. 

In any event, @Jordan Miller, you can delete this thread. In no way does it discredit Britney but suit yourself. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Oh God, it didn’t even occur to me how many nobodies would try and pop up to become relevant because of the book.

Seriously, a random songwriter trying to seek attention 18 years later because of the Britney and Justin drama? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: Just think how many other nobodies we’re gonna start hearing about soon…

It's not a new article

• Love 1

Ouch, some of the comments in here are just not it. I love Britney and the song, but this girl was only eventually credited because she went through hell. Who knows if it was the record label that put this pressure on B. Again, I love B, but she’s not perfect. (edited my comment as another user rightfully pointed out that it was unnecessary.)

Regarding where the song was written, these two girls traveled extensively together. They may have also written individual contributions to the song while spending time apart.

This is  a two-year-old article that has nothing to do with Britney’s book.

Edited by NotBuyingIt
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

Ouch, some of the comments in here are just not it. I love Britney and the song, but this girl was only eventually credited because she went through hell. Who knows if it was the record label that put this pressure on B. Again, I love B, but she’s not perfect. Girl got with Kevin when his girlfriend was pregnant - both B and K were so wrong for that. Nobody is a perfect saint all throughout life.

Regarding where the song was written, these two girls traveled extensively together. They may have also written individual contributions to the song while spending time apart.

This is  a two-year-old article that has nothing to do with Britney’s book.

I don't think there's a reason to bring up the Shar/Kevin/Britney love triangle to make this point. Based on many of the comments on Exhale, no one thinks Britney is perfect

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BritneyFan4Life27 said:

Is this Britney’s fault? Or it in the people in the background who she should have issues with? Because Britney has mentioned and it’s been published that Britney co-wrote the song with her. Maybe she should be more upset with the managers and not Britney herself because Britney never said she wrote Everytime by herself. 🙄

The OP is posting this to get a rise out of people and they didn't post the entire article where she actually talks about how it was management that created the issue and lied to both her and Britney.

Here is what the OP conveniently left out...

Artani said she and Spears parted ways after the team around the pop singer tried to erase her from the song credits of "Everytime." It didn't make sense to Artani, who said she never saw Spears "be mean to anyone." Artani said she believed someone — or multiple people — in Spears' circle was "manipulating her." 

"I wasn't going to serve their purpose," Artani said during our more recent call. "So I was ushered out. Like I was part of a cog in a machine that was like, 'Yeah, you're not going to work for us, so we're going to X you out now.'"

"Things just changed," she said in 2019. "Her phone number changed. She left me a really weird message saying, 'See you around.' It was bizarre."

Artani eventually got Spears on the phone to talk about what happened, but the background singer said the conversation — that she's "not going to repeat" — was so bad she "was literally bawling on the phone." She added that Spears felt like a person she didn't "know or recognize."

"I didn't ever really want to believe that she would not want to give me credit for cowriting the song," Artani said during our most recent call. "I didn't believe that that's who she was — at all."

Artani said she told Spears that she didn't care about the money, something she reiterated to her manager. After that, the background singer let the managers and executives sort out the crediting.

"In the end, they gave me my credit," she said.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Stefi Hilton said:

I would like to thank each and everyone who took the time out of their obviously very busy and eventful lives to insult and bully me for finding this article today and for being intrigued by it. 

Your level of maturity is truly outstanding, considering that I posted this under the ‘rumor’ and ‘opinion’ tags. 

In any event, @Jordan Miller, you can delete this thread. In no way does it discredit Britney but suit yourself. 

You not only DUG UP an article from years ago, but then omitted key details so you painted a picture that gives the impression that the co-writer just now resurfaced this or is blaming Britney for it. You knew exactly what you were doing.

Now you've got a thread full of angry fans turning on the co-writer accusing her of being an opportunist. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

I don't think there's a reason to bring up the Shar/Kevin/Britney love triangle to make this point. Based on many of the comments on Exhale, no one thinks Britney is perfect

That’s fair. Sometimes I feel like there are fans who forget that B has made direct decisions - not just responded to trauma - that hurt people. But I hear what you’re saying.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Sia said:

"Things just changed," she said in 2019. "Her phone number changed. She left me a really weird message saying, 'See you around.' It was bizarre."

Artani eventually got Spears on the phone to talk about what happened, but the background singer said the conversation — that she's "not going to repeat" — was so bad she "was literally bawling on the phone." She added that Spears felt like a person she didn't "know or recognize."

I hate whatever happened to Britney in 2019. It seems like EVERYTHING changed... And that's when she seemingly changed forever as a person.

Like she became mean, dismissive and hateful.

I'm not saying this as a negative towards Britney but whatever happened seems to really have ****ed her up and made her really different. We've seen it heaps on her socials. But did it all happen around that time, is that when her insta videos etc changed too? 🩵

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Benjamyn said:

I hate whatever happened to Britney in 2019. It seems like EVERYTHING changed... And that's when she seemingly changed forever as a person.

Like she became mean, dismissive and hateful.

I'm not saying this as a negative towards Britney but whatever happened seems to really have ****ed her up and made her really different. We've seen it heaps on her socials. But did it all happen around that time, is that when her insta videos etc changed too? 🩵

Team con definitely broke her in 2019.

• Like 3

As I said some where before, this women was claiming lead credit and Britney said no I'm the one who started it on the Piano and the vision was mine. I think that is where the issue lays. Britney has rarely if ever (BC) been one to take credit even when she could so I believe her version. But the two ladies are really the only ones to know the truth I guess.

If she were to say Britney had no involvement, then I would care. But she said Britney DID participate in writing it. SO WHO CARES!

Britney is not known to be a 100% writer of all of her music so just the fact that Britney co-wrote it is really meaningful. It's still a very meaningful song and if she wants to be rich and famous maybe this chick should also sing and perform instead of just assisting other people and then complaining two decades later.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block