“Everytime” Co-Writer Accused Britney of Not Giving Her Writing Credits

"I mean, was I hurt? Yeah, I was a young girl," she said. "That was my first experience of my friend essentially trying to bully me out of getting credit for a song we sat next to each other and wrote with our hearts when we were sobbing over men."

She added: "It's one of the most significant experiences of my life, unfortunately."

spacer.png

The year leading up to Artani's friendship with Spears was a chaotic time for the pop star. While in the middle of the 69-stop tour, Spears, then 21, had a public breakup with Justin Timberlake, her equally famous boyfriend at the time.

Meanwhile, Artani had started a romantic relationship with the tour's musical director for the band, Dan Kenney, she said. 

When the tour came to an end in Mexico City nine months later, Artani said Spears went out of her way to tell the backup singer what a cute couple she and Kenney made.

The two became so close spending virtually every day together, Artani said, that they even shared a bed at night.

"And then at the end of all of that, we get to her house in LA — and I've been writing songs since I was 6 years old on the piano — but I sat at her piano and started writing 'Everytime,'" Artani said. "She sat next to me, and we basically wrote the song together."

spacer.png

"I didn't want to be there to be a yes man or to use her," Artani said. "I didn't like that about a lot of the people in her immediate world." 

She added: "But it's the story of every person before her where everyone is on your payroll, and they all have to kiss your *** no matter what happens.

"That was really the beginning of the decline because you're not living in reality … She really was living in a bubble."

Artani recalled a manager, Andrian Adams, who was representing various producers working on Spears' album, told her there was an issue with her writing credits.

"He said to me, 'Well, the good news is it's going to be the third single, and it's going to end the album,'" Artani said. "'But the bad news is she says you didn't write it.'"

Artani continued: "I went into complete shock. I said, 'I don't believe you.' I was friends with this person. We spent months on end together.

"My parents only knew where I was because they saw me in Star magazine paparazzi photos. We basically lived together. We cried together over these breakups and we bonded."

WWW.INSIDER.COM

Nearly 18 years after she helped cowrite one of Spears' most heartbreaking singles, the vocalist Annet Artani is telling her side of...

What do you guys think about this? It’s such an unsettling story… A tragic story about a tragic song. 

Edited by Stefi Hilton
  • Haha 3

I don't know if it's because I don't understand the news well but were you denouncing that Britney didn't write the song or are you referring to the producers/team?

In the text of the news it says and confirms that Britney sat next to him and they created the song together and in the end with the album published she was credited as co-writer of the song. What exactly are you complaining about against Brit?

In any case, the complaint would be serious towards Britney's team who tried not to give her credit, but I imagine Britney objected to being the sole writer.

I think he just wanted to be ambiguous to have a moment of relevance.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block