Say something bad about Britney's ''Blackout'' album

well first of all, all of these

71LB6IlNH2L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

jk, there are some good songs in there

I think the reason why Blackout is my least favorite is because it's the complete opposite of what I fell in love with in the first place. That's doesn't make it bad, it evidently appeals to a lot of people, but personally just wasn't my cup of tea. And I genuinely believe it's not the best work of Britney Spears.

There's also how people romanticize the fact that she's the "executive producer" when we know by the own testimony of Danja and the other collaborators that Britney pretty much would just come to the studio, drop her vocals and leave. It's not like she had any involvement, or not as big of an involvement as people want to believe, when coming up with these sounds or the lyrics. All she did was pretty much just approve or disapprove what was offered to her.

There's several unreleased tracks from these sessions that are far better than what we got in the end. I also hate Danja or whoever else is singing on all those tracks.

Best thing of this album: Break the Ice animated video. It was genius, it was great, it was the best she could do at the time.

Other songs that I like: Ooh Ooh Baby, Heaven on Earth, Hot As Ice, Outta This World, Toy Soldier

Edited by PokemonSpears
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well first of all, all of these

71LB6IlNH2L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

jk, there are some good songs in there

I think the reason why Blackout is my least favorite is because it's the complete opposite of what I fell in love with in the first place. That's doesn't make it bad, it evidently appeals to a lot of people, but personally just wasn't my cup of tea. And I genuinely believe it's not the best work of Britney Spears.

There's also how people romanticize the fact that she's the "executive producer" when we know by the own testimony of Danja and the other collaborators that Britney pretty much would just come to the studio, drop her vocals and leave. It's not like she had any involvement, or not as big of an involvement as people want to believe, when coming up with these sounds or the lyrics. All she did was pretty much just approve or disapprove what was offered to her.

There's several unreleased tracks from these sessions that are far better than what we got in the end. I also hate Danja or whoever else is singing on all those tracks.

Best thing of this album: Break the Ice animated video. It was genius, it was great, it was the best she could do at the time.

Other songs that I like: Ooh Ooh Baby, Heaven on Earth, Hot As Ice, Outta This World, Toy Soldier

It’s a huge contrast to the music she was making before and therefore unexpected I think. Even compared to ITZ, which I prefer, it’s kind of clear this was a once in a lifetime record for her. I think all the controversy around this time adds to the allure of it. I agree that Break the Ice is a huge standout. I’m not a huge fan of Hot As Ice, even though it’s very fun. I actually quite enjoy Danja’s final vocals

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Henry. said:

It's certainly among her most acclaimed albums, if not the absolute favorite among fans and critics. So, I believe it would be an interesting idea to discuss aspects of this album that didn't resonate with us. I know some Exhale users who will love this thread :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Here are some thoughts on my mind at the moment:

• The album cover could have been way better, but it ultimately became iconic and possesses distinct characteristics, so I'm not mad :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:
  • There are numerous unreleased tracks from the ''Blackout'' album that carry a personal and compelling essence. These songs should have rightfully earned a place on the album, as opposed to the provocative tracks like ''Freakshow'' and ''Ooh Ohh Baby'' which feel like fillers IDGAF :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Blackout (Britney's version) coming soon confirmed. 

- Maria River red 

:bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block