Hilary Duff is too tired to make new music

Slayer
Message added by Jordan Miller,

6 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Past two decades? She has been continuously working.

All four of her albums? Released in the past two decades.

She’s been in 22 films 2003-2019

AND has made TV appearances since then PLUS was a lead in Younger from 2015-2021 and now on HIMYF 2022-present.

Shes also had 3 kids. Why is it far fetched for her to say she is too tired to make new music especially when the GP made her last effort flop? 

Not everyone works the same so if you think you’re going to use any other female musician as an excuse as to why she can do that and still record new music, save it.

True its not 2 decades, but ever since Dignity, she hasnt really worked much. Some project here and there to stay in the business, but not really doing much. Shes more like Jessica Simpson and Lindsay Lohan, they do the minimum to stay somewhat relevant. Which is fine, nothing wrong with that, id do the same, but I was just asking shes tired of what? 

I also did not compared her to other singers so, thats only you assuming stuff.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Past two decades? She has been continuously working.

All four of her albums? Released in the past two decades.

AND has made TV appearances since then PLUS was a lead in Younger from 2015-2021 and now on HIMYF 2022-present.

Shes also had 3 kids. Why is it far fetched for her to say she is too tired to make new music especially when the GP made her last effort flop? 

Not everyone works the same so if you think you’re going to use any other female musician as an excuse as to why she can do that and still record new music, save it.

this!!! like leave her alone, if she doesn't want to / don't have enought energy or inspiration to make new music what about it, she's not here to please bored gaes from social platforms. some people are just so :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, fays1 said:

but I was just asking shes tired of what? 

did you read a word Crazy wrote in his comment? evidently, you need to read it again, esp the part below :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill: 

33 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Shes also had 3 kids.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

did you read a word Crazy wrote in his comment? evidently, you need to read it again, esp the part below :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill: 

Since 2006, she hasnt really done any major movies or TV shows like the commenter said 22 films, the majority of that was done before 2006, or small role apperances. 

The only major thing I see was Younger and now HIMYM which was recent and I knew nothing about.

But generally speaking, I dont think shes been working much through the years.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, fays1 said:

True its not 2 decades, but ever since Dignity, she hasnt really worked much. Some project here and there to stay in the business, but not really doing much. Shes more like Jessica Simpson and Lindsay Lohan, they do the minimum to stay somewhat relevant. Which is fine, nothing wrong with that, id do the same, but I was just asking shes tired of what? 

She has 3 kids… she’s also not in her 20s anymore and has enough money to retire… 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, fays1 said:

Shes tired of what? she hasnt been working the past 2 decades! Also, today you dont have to do much promo like artists did before. But its fine if shes not into music anymore.

Maybe from working on a tv show for 7 years and then currently doing another shortly after? She filmed Younger for 7 months out of the year for 7 seasons. She’s also a mom. Don’t diminish her success. 

Edited by Kaitlyn Johnson
  • Love 4
  • Like 2
48 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Lindsay and Hilary have different career trajectories but for different reasons. Hilary was already exhausted by 2008. Lindsay was too, but unlike Hilary, was being offered huge roles from the get go. She never had to audition for roles whereas Hilary, who also didn’t like to audition, was going to either way due to her (subjective but let’s all agree) lesser skill. 

Hilary was in a number of indie movies that she claims “only 2 people saw” and wanted to come back to mainstream film with a Bonnie and Clyde remake in 2010 prior to announcing her pregnancy. It fell through and she felt used. After pretty much raising her kid throughout 2012-2014,  she went back to work on an earthy folk pop incarnation of breathe in breathe out before the two singles didn’t do as well as anticipated, leading to the ultimate pairing of her and Tov Love to create Sparks and other electro pop tracks. Despite going #1 on iTunes in 2015, that wasn’t good enough for her. Around this time she also was encouraged to record Young Heart for the Jem soundtrack or whatever: money was invested but she felt there was little return By the time younger started and was a success for TVLand she all but abandoned music once again. Little Lies was the final attempt 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Because she came from a time where when you released new music, you had to be everywhere promoting, performing and preparing promotional materials, I think that’s why she doesn’t do music regularly, but in fact, times have changed. And maybe she’s numbers driven as well. BIBO didn’t sell as much as her previous work but after such a long hiatus coming back with a number 1 iTunes position and number 4 on Billboard is amazing. Sucks that she didn’t see it that way. I think the public asks her so often about new music, that it’s created big pressure for her to deliver successful, quality music and she probably doesn’t feel confident anymore. I miss her as a singer :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block