Xtina will be dropped from her Recording Label due to poor sales?

Slim 10

1 hour ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Britney is very profitable for RCA even at each album level! Britney Jean decorated as flop sold over 1.3 million copies WW and it’s close to 1.5 with streaming, that’s not a flop album! Work ***** is double platinum 

Glory has been disappointing, but Make Me is Platinum and Slumber party close to Gold! These are not flops! 

I'm not saying any of Britney's albums are flop. What I was talking about is the fact that she hasn't released an album since 2016, which is basically the same or worse than releasing a new album that has low sales. Christina might be selling 3 copies, but that's 3 copies more than a non-existent album.

So by the OP's logic, Britney should have been kicked of the label years ago, because why would a record label want an artist that doesn't put out new material in 6 years? But as I explained, there's much more where the labels can profit off than just record sales, among others, the old catalogue of the artist that keeps generating money from streaming and occasional sales, but also every other gig of the artist (if that's how the record deal specifies it). 

So why would they kick Christina, when they could, probably, be making money off of her from other sources. 

It's just enough to look at RCA's catalogue of artists:

They have Xtina, Britney, Shakira, Maluma, Kesha, Alicia Keys, etc, but how many albums is someone like Cat Burns selling? Or Grizzly Bear, or Dhruv, or Isaac Dunbar or Leikeli47 or basically 90% of the people listed there. If they only wanted best sellers, they wouldn't have many of them signed to their label. 

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not saying any of Britney's albums are flop. What I was talking about is the fact that she hasn't released an album since 2016, which is basically the same or worse than releasing a new album that has low sales. Christina might be selling 3 copies, but that's 3 copies more than a non-existent album.

So by the OP's logic, Britney should have been kicked of the label years ago, because why would a record label want an artist that doesn't put out new material in 6 years? But as I explained, there's much more where the labels can profit off than just record sales, among others, the old catalogue of the artist that keeps generating money from streaming and occasional sales, but also every other gig of the artist (if that's how the record deal specifies it). 

So why would they kick Christina, when they could, probably, be making money off of her from other sources. 

You seem to be delusional! If you are not releasing new music the label is not losing money it's just neutral position. However, if you are releasing an album and your label is investing in your product in terms of promotion/music videos/paying for the distrubition and all that stuff and your music is not selling than that is problem because its bad business!!

2 hours ago, Slim 10 said:

You think xtina can reach Adele? Adele Sweetie:clownery_makeup_meme: 

What part of people forgot that she is alive do you not understand

25 minutes ago, Slim 10 said:

Hope this can give her some relevancy and make people want to stream her music but it wouldn't

The hate you have for Xtina is definitely personal, honey you look ridiculous trying to make us believe that Xtina is a forgotten artist or is on the same level as Meghan or Jessi J. that is only true in your narrow mind. Only people in the US and UK will know who they are, while EVERYBODY knows who Christina Aguilera is, and she is recognized for her Great voice.

What part of Xtina is still ALIVE and making millions don't you understand? Xtina gets over 1.5 billion plays on all platforms and she definitely has a lot of praise from her peers, open your eyes and mind you have it closed.

Maybe most people don't know about her latest work, but the same goes for Britney, outside of the fan base, nobody knows Britney Jean or Glory and that's a fact. 
but more importantly. is that Xtina is recognized and respected worldwide for her talent and voice, while most people, even pop fans see Britney as a freak or a joke, deal with it and live with it! :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

9 hours ago, Slim 10 said:

The way xtina has been flopping tragically since 2006 is tragic. While her peer still dominating the charts as in her prime. Her latest album is selling like 7-10 copies. Her albums become such a non event. People were surprised when she got nominated for the grammys because no one knew she had released new music. Do you think that Roc Nation will drop her out as how can a label invest in artist who can't sell anymore?

What a hater. At least you know her name. Does she know yours? I doubt it.

Just now, Alex Murr said:

The hate you have for Xtina is definitely personal, honey you look ridiculous trying to make us believe that Xtina is a forgotten artist or is on the same level as Meghan or Jessi J. that is only true in your narrow mind. Only people in the US and UK will know who they are, while EVERYBODY knows who Christina Aguilera is, and she is recognized for her Great voice.

What part of Xtina is still ALIVE and making millions don't you understand? Xtina gets over 1.5 billion plays on all platforms and she definitely has a lot of praise from her peers, open your eyes and mind you have it closed.

Maybe most people don't know about her latest work, but the same goes for Britney, outside of the fan base, nobody knows Britney Jean or Glory and that's a fact. 
but more importantly. is that Xtina is recognized and respected worldwide for her talent and voice, while most people, even pop fans see Britney as a freak or a joke, deal with it and live with it! :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Britney Jean alone outstream xtina latest 3 albums combined. Same goes for Work Bxxch which outsold and outcharted each xtina song since 2006!! what are u talking about!

Britney as a freak or a joke?? 

Just now, Groundbreaking said:

Although I agree with your other points, this had me in tears. As if real world and what really matters is happening on some dumb trends on the bird app. Do not insult intelligence like that :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

C'mon this embarassing I HAVE NEVER SEEN in my ENTIRE LIFE an artist who is receiving a Grammy and that is not trending on twitter! She was like a non-event. Her fans kept tweeting about Britney the whole night of the Grammy which made Britney be more trending topic than their fave who performed and received the award. 

This is very sad in so many ways if you think about it

2 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

Oh come on! that's false, she doesn't even reach a million sales worldwide, only 500,000 in the US.

Britney Jean sold 1.5M and keep in mind the sales are not even updated yet! Britney sales are not updated since a decade ago! Back to the point, AGAIN Britney Jean outstreamed Xtina Latest 3 albums combined 

Britney Jean streams =366M

Aguilera+Lotus+Bionic = 362M

Its true that Britney Jean sure thing is the lowest Britney album interms of sales and Britney sales has declined post Femme Fatale era yet she is very far from being a forgotten act as xtina. 

Looking at Lorde, Lana, Ariana, Miley, Katy and other girls who are still in their prime Britney numbers are pretty much the same if not better than these girls! 

7 minutes ago, Slim 10 said:

You seem to be delusional! If you are not releasing new music the label is not losing money it's just neutral position. However, if you are releasing an album and your label is investing in your product in terms of promotion/music videos/paying for the distrubition and all that stuff and your music is not selling than that is problem because its bad business!!

money that comes from other sources, that's what YOU don't seem to understand. 

Look at the catalogue I posted, they have their big artists, such as Maluma, Shakira, Doja Cat, etc, which is what allow them to give resources to the huge list of lesser artists that appear there as well, to finance their projects. And that may include Christina too. 

Besides, in Christina's case, she has the advantage that she's no new artist, she has her 20+ years catalogue that backs her up. For example, just from her YouTube channel alone, she makes these numbers per year:

Image-018.png

Which are comparable to her fellow RCA artist, Alicia Keys for example. Her latest album's sales weren't so impressive either, but you're not wondering whether they'll drop her off the label too. 

Image-019.png

that's youtube alone, not counting all the other platforms.

We don't know how the label operates, and what is the margin of loss they're willing to take in order to finance a record. We don't even know how much they spent on Christina's album or videos. 

But as I said, I doubt that a lot of the artists they have in the label are having precisely stellar sales, but they're still there. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, PaMisMuchachas said:

Y'all so dumb with this "first week sales"

Screenshot-2022-11-18-23-34-25-175.jpg

Glory? Nowhere to be seen. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Glory sales are not updated since 2016!!! + Lotus and Bionic took like 7 years to get that cheap gold certificat. Glory still produced a TOP 17 mid hit single =Make Me 100K if we compare Britney to Lady Gaga lead single at that time Perfect Illusion  peaked at 15 at billboard so not that far from Britney whose been in the business way before Gaga! 

Xtina on the other hand, I mean she can't even chart at the bubbling under with Fall in Line debuting with 11K :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

10 minutes ago, Slim 10 said:

Britney Jean sold 1.5M and keep in mind the sales are not even updated yet! Britney sales are not updated since a decade ago! Back to the point, AGAIN Britney Jean outstreamed Xtina Latest 3 albums combined 

Britney Jean streams =366M

Aguilera+Lotus+Bionic = 362M

Its true that Britney Jean sure thing is the lowest Britney album interms of sales and Britney sales has declined post Femme Fatale era yet she is very far from being a forgotten act as xtina. 

Looking at Lorde, Lana, Ariana, Miley, Katy and other girls who are still in their prime Britney numbers are pretty much the same if not better than these girls! 

Britney Jean did not sell 1,5M luv. It's not even Gold in the US. And you're saying she sold 1M+ outside the US. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

money that comes from other sources, that's what YOU don't seem to understand. 

Look at the catalogue I posted, they have their big artists, such as Maluma, Shakira, Doja Cat, etc, which is what allow them to give resources to the huge list of lesser artists that appear there as well, to finance their projects. And that may include Christina too. 

Besides, in Christina's case, she has the advantage that she's no new artist, she has her 20+ years catalogue that backs her up. For example, just from her YouTube channel alone, she makes these numbers per year:

Image-018.png

Which are comparable to her fellow RCA artist, Alicia Keys for example. Her latest album's sales weren't so impressive either, but you're not wondering whether they'll drop her off the label too. 

Image-019.png

that's youtube alone, not counting all the other platforms.

We don't know how the label operates, and what is the margin of loss they're willing to take in order to finance a record. We don't even know how much they spent on Christina's album or videos. 

But as I said, I doubt that a lot of the artists they have in the label are having precisely stellar sales, but they're still there. 

What kind of argument is this? Youtube Views:melt_weird_drift_wow:

even the youtube views are tragic. Her latest singles are flopping in terms of views, the most viewed one has 23M and its been a year now. She have like only 3 or 4 songs that are vevo certified. Her streams are not good either her most streamed songs are the features she released a decade ago. 

Honestly, I can't think of any ways her label are profiting from her. Time will tell that this will be her last era, you can bookmark my words!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block