Why was Britney so successful after her prime?

Style.

A lot of pop stars fade away into obscurity after their prime. For example: Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kesha etc. Britney was an album seller until 2004 and then started getting smashing hits and international acclaim. Why?

Britney scored 10 platinum and multi platinum songs and two multi platinum albums after 2004: Womanizer, Circus, Till The World Ends, 3, Hold It Against Me, I Wanna Go, Gimme More, Piece Of Me, Work ***** and currently Hold Me Closer. 

Hold Me Closer inspired this thread as is shaping to becoming a multi platinum song and a mall darling hit. 
spacer.png

• Love 6

Gaga? kkkk I don't like her, but she has a very solid career. Last few weeks ago, she was performing in sold-out stadiums, and her album sold well. Rain On Me was a huge hit all over the world. She may no longer have the power she lacked early in her career, but she remains one of the biggest powerhouses in pop music today. To deny this is delusion. You have an incredible habit of belittling other artists to favor Britney. Katy had 3 successful albums, as well as Xtina and Avril. And all of them are still going strong with their careers, even though they are no longer it girls like they used to be. Among the names mentioned, only Kesha failed to establish herself in the industry, and it wasn't even her fault.

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Endlessstan said:

Because ‘prime’ eras are just constructs that don’t actually exist in reality. Britney is so successful post 2004 because anything she does is iconic. 

I disagree. Britney received a lot of backlash post 2004, especially 2007, no one would’ve believed Britney Spears will end up getting multi platinum singles, successful albums and international tours. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

• Love 1
  • Like 5
10 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

Gaga? kkkk I don't like her, but she has a very solid career. Last few weeks ago, she was performing in sold-out stadiums, and her album sold well. Rain On Me was a huge hit all over the world. She may no longer have the power she lacked early in her career, but she remains one of the biggest powerhouses in pop music today. To deny this is delusion. You have an incredible habit of belittling other artists to favor Britney. Katy had 3 successful albums, as well as Xtina and Avril. And all of them are still going strong with their careers, even though they are no longer it girls like they used to be. Among the names mentioned, only Kesha failed to establish herself in the industry, and it wasn't even her fault.

Lady Gaga has become a legacy artist and is actually a great performer therefore her tour is a success. She scored two hits after her peak and that happened a decade ago. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:
Britney was getting back to back hits during Femme Fatale and the Circus singles are iconic. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:
I don’t know the other ones! 

6 minutes ago, Style. said:

Lady Gaga has become a legacy artist and is actually a great performer therefore her tour is a success. She scored two hits after her peak and that happened a decade ago. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:
Britney was getting back to back hits during Femme Fatale and the Circus singles are iconic. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:
I don’t know the other ones! 

Britney is also a legacy artist. Much more than Gaga, by the way. Her songs most consumed by the GP are her classics. FF, Glory and BJ were completely forgotten. It's like her last album is Circus.

• Like 3

...is that how you view this? More successful? Rest assured, it was a SLOW climb to the top and she was essentially a mascot for team con throughout the entire experience. However, opinions are opinions, and you are certainly entitled to yours. Quite frankly, I wish I could say I agree...

however, nothing felt organic or natural within the last 15 years or so regarding Britney Spears, the artist.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Style. said:

A lot of pop stars fade away into obscurity after their prime. For example: Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kesha etc. Britney was an album seller until 2004 and then started getting smashing hits and international acclaim. Why?

Britney scored 10 platinum and multi platinum songs and two multi platinum albums after 2004: Womanizer, Circus, Till The World Ends, 3, Hold It Against Me, I Wanna Go, Gimme More, Piece Of Me, Work ***** and currently Hold Me Closer. 

Hold Me Closer inspired this thread as is shaping to becoming a multi platinum song and a mall darling hit. 
spacer.png

The first thing what caught my eye was her wig :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme::embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

• Haha 1

I think a lot of people also felt guilty about making fun of her in her prime, calling her a sl**, crazy, talentless after everything that came out about her 2007 meltdown, her ups and downs, the conservatorship. Her coming back to making good music again after all the bull**** she went through, proved to the public that she wasn’t a has been, and made the GP respect her more. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block