Britney demands justice: ”If I was valued and respected, then my father would be locked up in two seconds”

7 minutes ago, annalai23 said:

The court approved the 13 year conservatorship. The court didn't do her justice after she's free. Even a good laywer can only do so much when the court system itself is so corrupted. The court system of California failed her. 

I agree, and this case never made it to a criminal case yet since this continues to be drawn out in court.

With these dates coming up soon I have no doubt Penny will just extend into the new year like she does after every hearing.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Sia said:

I'm probably going to piss people off by saying this, but in the spirit of playing devil's advocate, here we go...

As hard and quick as Rosengart fought to get her out of the conservatorship, I'm sure he would do the same if he felt he had a strong case against everyone involved in the conservatorship.

Reading through the comments, I see a lot of "lock Jamie up now!" "What is Judge Penny waiting for?" "Lou should be in jail..." etc etc.

What this tells me is that most of you don't understand how court systems work. For starters, if criminal activity took place, then a trial needs to take place and that would likely take YEARS to come about. It doesn't happen overnight. Also, a judge doesn't have the "power" to make the decision to just put someone like Jamie or Lou in jail. That just doesn't happen without a trial - again, assuming that criminal activity took place.

If criminal activity did actually take place, then the burden of proof is on Britney and her legal team. Before they can even get to a trial though, they would have to first file charges against Jamie, Lou or whoever else. Once the charged are filed, then a judge can decide if a trial should take place.

Given all of this, if Rosengart hasn't hinted at a trial and Britney continues to air out her anger in public, this tells me Rosengart either knows there's no evidence of criminal activity OR it never actually took place so he's distancing himself from it. I can almost guarantee you that if he was working on a criminal case, he would have advised Britney to keep her mouth shut in fear of her saying something that could derail the case.

I also want to point out that there is a difference between criminal activity and simply taking a position of power and treating someone like trash. There is no argument that Jamie treated Britney like trash, but if he had legal authority through the conservatorship to manage her life, then he legally did nothing wrong.

Now if he "mismanaged" her affairs but did so within the boundaries of the legal system, then Britney may have a case against him but only through arbitration which is likely what Rosengart is attempting to do. But again, unless she and Rosengart can prove he broke an actual law then this whole "anger rant" that she's been going on will really never go anywhere.

What she should do instead, is take that same energy and use her experience to push for change in the legal system to help other victims in the future.

In the end, I just feel that Britney has a warped perception of what happened due to her being so isolated. I don't blame her, but the more I read between the lines, the more I realize that much of what she posts about is not criminal activity and she's just upset that her family treated her like trash.

Get a therapist, work it out in mediation and move on. Are we really going to listen to this stuff for another year?

This! 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Sia said:

I'm probably going to piss people off by saying this, but in the spirit of playing devil's advocate, here we go...

As hard and quick as Rosengart fought to get her out of the conservatorship, I'm sure he would do the same if he felt he had a strong case against everyone involved in the conservatorship.

Reading through the comments, I see a lot of "lock Jamie up now!" "What is Judge Penny waiting for?" "Lou should be in jail..." etc etc.

What this tells me is that most of you don't understand how court systems work. For starters, if criminal activity occurred, then a trial needs to take place and that would likely take YEARS to come about. It doesn't happen overnight. Also, a judge doesn't have the "power" to make the decision to just put someone like Jamie or Lou in jail. That just doesn't happen without a trial - again, assuming that criminal activity took place.

If criminal activity did actually take place, then the burden of proof is on Britney and her legal team. Before they can even get to a trial though, they would have to first file charges against Jamie, Lou or whoever else. Once the charges are filed, then a judge can decide if a trial should take place.

Given all of this, if Rosengart hasn't hinted at a trial and Britney continues to air out her anger in public, this tells me Rosengart either knows there's no evidence of criminal activity OR it never actually took place so he's distancing himself from it. I can almost guarantee you that if he was working on a criminal case, he would have advised Britney to keep her mouth shut in fear of her saying something that could derail the case.

I also want to point out that there is a difference between criminal activity and simply taking a position of power and treating someone like trash. There is no argument that Jamie treated Britney like trash, but if he had legal authority through the conservatorship to manage her life, then he legally did nothing wrong.

Now if he "mismanaged" her affairs but did so within the boundaries of the legal system, then Britney may have a case against him but only through arbitration which is likely what Rosengart is attempting to do. But again, unless she and Rosengart can prove he broke an actual law then this whole "anger rant" that she's been going on will really never go anywhere.

What she should do instead, is take that same energy and use her experience to push for change in the legal system to help other victims in the future.

In the end, I just feel that Britney has a warped perception of what happened due to her being so isolated. I don't blame her, but the more I read between the lines, the more I realize that much of what she posts about is not criminal activity and she's just upset that her family treated her like trash.

Get a therapist, work it out in mediation and move on. Are we really going to listen to this stuff for another year?

i agreed with everything you said until the last bit, it felt kind of snarky. britney said she was speaking to a therapist, and i'll listen to britney drag her family for filth everyday if it means she gets closer to healing— this post indicates she is. she needs courage to be the advocate she can be, and she'll gain that through continuing to share her story and have people believe and support her. even if she says the same thing over and over.

i will say i think anger and a warped sense of the true nature of court proceedings has a lot of fans placing their frustrations in the wrong place. you explained the process quite well i think, i hope people take the time to read it. 

a lot of the abuse and injustice britney suffered, especially the surveillance, which is the highlight of the current proceedings, was ok'd by the court. proving it was "illegal" is a hard road to go down for an outcome that likely wouldn't go her way. but proving it happened can hopefully change the power given to conservators. since abolishing conservatorships all together is likely never to happen. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
27 minutes ago, Sia said:

What this tells me is that most of you don't understand how court systems work. For starters, if criminal activity occurred, then a trial needs to take place and that would likely take YEARS to come about. It doesn't happen overnight. Also, a judge doesn't have the "power" to make the decision to just put someone like Jamie or Lou in jail. That just doesn't happen without a trial - again, assuming that criminal activity took place.

If criminal activity did actually take place, then the burden of proof is on Britney and her legal team. Before they can even get to a trial though, they would have to first file charges against Jamie, Lou or whoever else. Once the charges are filed, then a judge can decide if a trial should take place.

I think you are making assumptions. Dangerous assumptions. Those things did in fact happen to Britney, based on her testimony and the many who corroborated her story. The issue isn’t if Britney was abused, she 100% was. If you think otherwise, you are clueless.

The main argument Jaimie has in his favor, is that his actions were approved by the courts. He took advantage, but the control of Britney the person and of her estate, was taken from Britney by the court system. That is the issue. Period. 

If Britney wants justice she’s gonna have to pursue a case against the State of CA, as well as it becoming a federal Supreme Court case, in which she can argue her Civil Rights were violated. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

I’m under impression that since she spoke on the court, Britney didn’t want (and refused) to be deposed or questioned by anyone – thanks to the trauma caused by forced sessions “at that place”, questionings of court investigators and tests by psychologists.

If there had been a criminal case or she would have sued Team Con, she would have had to be questioned and deposed.

What I understood from this rant is that she thought there was already enough proof to lock Jamie up a year ago. There wasn’t - there would have had to be a proper investigation and another long battle in the court.

She doesn’t want to do that, so now she can keep reminding the world how horrible her family is and make sure that they won’t get a penny more from her and may even have to pay something back.

• Love 2

I understand her completely tbh... It just makes me sad cause she sounds (and probably is) hopeless :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

But yeah, I wanna be very positive because Britney needs positivity :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney: I think the best way to move on is actually doing things, going places etc... She's healing and it's obvious :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Of course I'm not gonna tell her what to do but for example she could ask someone she trusts (maybe Drew Barrymore?) to go out together, have fun and shove it down her family's throat on IG and I know this may sounds childish, but she knows that they check her profile all the time and trust me, they love the attention they get (negative or positive, they love it cause they're narcissists) :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: they love to see how she mentions them, they love to see her always inside her house all the damn time and she should stop doing the things that THEY love, she already did that for 13+ years and she had no choice :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: but now she can do whatever she wants!!! I can't even imagine how hard it will be in the beginning , but she should start somewhere or else she'll spend the rest of her life inside her house and that sucks cause one of the things she said during her testimony was "I wanna be able to drive my car" she always loved that, it would be a slap on her family's faces and be like: "y'all, I'm here, ALIVE, I'm doing GREAT and I'm finally gonna do whatever tf I want :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:"

She's a strong woman, it will take a lot to heal but she can do it, I believe in her :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

• Love 6

Well She can't expect that the same system that imorisoned her will put everybody in jail so easily... I don't think the outcries on Instagram are a better choice than working with her layer with criminal charges. I understand her anger and she's right, but she knows the world Is unfair because she was betrayed so many times... Unfortunately she needs to work with legal ways to make justice happen

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sia said:

U don't have to listen if u do not want to. It is a privilege Britney didn't have as she was put in that place and had no way out until her handlers put enough lithium in her system.

• Love 2

It's so heartbreaking to hear this from the one and only Britney. The rest of the world adores her, but  America.....why not? She is so damn right! Why still NOBODY is in jail? Why the American legal system plays it deaf on her pleas? Do they prefer she was dead instead? I am so disappointed by USA and the legal authorities there. WHAT A SHAME!!!!!! BIG, ENORMOUS SHAME!!!!!david schwimmer shame GIF

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
15 minutes ago, plam said:

It's so heartbreaking to hear this from the one and only Britney. The rest of the world adores her, but  America.....why not? She is so damn right! Why still NOBODY is in jail? Why the American legal system plays it deaf on her pleas? Do they prefer she was dead instead? I am so disappointed by USA and the legal authorities there. WHAT A SHAME!!!!!! BIG, ENORMOUS SHAME!!!!!david schwimmer shame GIF

I agree! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block