Britney demands justice: ”If I was valued and respected, then my father would be locked up in two seconds”

21 hours ago, Sia said:

I'm probably going to piss people off by saying this, but in the spirit of playing devil's advocate, here we go...

As hard and quick as Rosengart fought to get her out of the conservatorship, I'm sure he would do the same if he felt he had a strong case against everyone involved in the conservatorship.

Reading through the comments, I see a lot of "lock Jamie up now!" "What is Judge Penny waiting for?" "Lou should be in jail..." etc etc.

What this tells me is that most of you don't understand how court systems work. For starters, if criminal activity occurred, then a trial needs to take place and that would likely take YEARS to come about. It doesn't happen overnight. Also, a judge doesn't have the "power" to make the decision to just put someone like Jamie or Lou in jail. That just doesn't happen without a trial - again, assuming that criminal activity took place.

If criminal activity did actually take place, then the burden of proof is on Britney and her legal team. Before they can even get to a trial though, they would have to first file charges against Jamie, Lou or whoever else. Once the charges are filed, then a judge can decide if a trial should take place.

Given all of this, if Rosengart hasn't hinted at a trial and Britney continues to air out her anger in public, this tells me Rosengart either knows there's no evidence of criminal activity OR it never actually took place so he's distancing himself from it. I can almost guarantee you that if he was working on a criminal case, he would have advised Britney to keep her mouth shut in fear of her saying something that could derail the case.

I also want to point out that there is a difference between criminal activity and simply taking a position of power and treating someone like trash. There is no argument that Jamie treated Britney like trash, but if he had legal authority through the conservatorship to manage her life, then he legally did nothing wrong.

Now if he "mismanaged" her affairs but did so within the boundaries of the legal system, then Britney may have a case against him but only through arbitration which is likely what Rosengart is attempting to do. But again, unless she and Rosengart can prove he broke an actual law then this whole "anger rant" that she's been going on will really never go anywhere.

What she should do instead, is take that same energy and use her experience to push for change in the legal system to help other victims in the future.

In the end, I just feel that Britney has a warped perception of what happened due to her being so isolated. I don't blame her, but the more I read between the lines, the more I realize that much of what she posts about is not criminal activity and she's just upset that her family treated her like trash.

Get a therapist, work it out in mediation and move on. Are we really going to listen to this stuff for another year?

Thank you for explaining and framing this so clearly.

Mathew Rosengart has not been a "disappointment". He deserves acknowledgement for the work he has done, and probably told his client that there is not much to get from pursuing this further. That makes him a good lawyer. One week with him costs millions.

The Con-people did everything legally, that is the sad truth. In court Britney could be ripped apart. Ex post facto

36 minutes ago, Lolai said:

The Con-people did everything legally, that is the sad truth. In court Britney could be ripped apart. Ex post facto

I'm not sure everything was legal, jimbo indulged in a land deal that netted him a tidy sum and cost Britney. The question of the Stonebridge cash injection has never been answered. There's a stack of murky  conflicted deals that have been at her expense and haven't benefitted her. 'Legally', unfortunately, seems to have come to mean, 'with the permission of the court, who may or may not be taking their cut'.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Only Britney can decide what justice means to her and what’s best for her. I of course want justice for her. I want her to fight. But it seems she doesn’t want to and I’ll have to accept that. I can’t imagine how much strength it takes, after everything she’s been through, to keep on fighting even more. Listening to whatever bs team con comes up with every court date. Knowing it will take years until MAYBE she gets the justice she deserves. Maybe this is her way of doing something good for herself, even if it frustrates and angers her at first. I don’t know. But I don’t blame Rosengart for this. I think those who do are missing the point. He’s always said he’ll do whatever’s possible if it’s something Britney wants. Turns out, she doesn’t want it.

People need to show more compassion. She speaks of shaking for 15 minutes after having made her first own purchase in over 15 years. Most likely so overwhelmed with the realization, that eye, she’s free now. I can’t imagine what that must have felt like. I hurt for Britney.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block