Who’s the better performer: Madonna or Janet?

52 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Janet's set lists are insane! Almost ALL her hits and then a handful of deep cuts and even some b-sides!

Her "rockwitchu tour" had the best setlist. She did 40 songs(most of them were melodies) and she went full out hard for a 2 hour 15 min show.....one of the best shows I've ever seen live! It's no wonder why Britney was inspired by that show. 

3 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

Her "rockwitchu tour" had the best setlist. She did 40 songs(most of them were melodies) and she went full out hard for a 2 hour 15 min show.....one of the best shows I've ever seen live! It's no wonder why Britney was inspired by that show. 

Ahhh I had tickets to that show and drove 5 hours away and she cancelled 30 min before showtime :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Love 1

Madonna,  but her problem is and it's not her fault,  it's just she timed the show like a machine,  she can't talk to the audience..

Cos once her show starts, it's a big unfolding to the actual stage, and when she ends her show, it usually goes back to the way before the show started.  

So she can't give talks or speeches cos she doesn't have the time, cos the stage will move or a prop comes out of nowhere..

But on the other hand it's her legacy, the blonde ambition tour changed how pop shows are presented, Musical theaters and in Madonna's case Broadway on *********.  

Each act tells a story and the songs are related to that act and it's overall themes like a play or a musical and that's where her type of acting is critically applauded, she takes her music video's and brings them to life on stage, nobody really does that but her. 

I came here to say Janet instantly, then watched the clips of Madonna and was quite impressed (I’ve never seen her on tour). It’s hard to compare the two because their dancing styles are so different, but I personally prefer Janet’s style, especially since Britney’s own style was so inspired by her.

As far as the better overall performer, it’s tough to say. Madonna’s stage designs and concepts are on another level and there’s a reason her tours are so successful. Shes definitely more creative/innovative, but Janet just nails it every time I’ve seen a performance of hers, so I’m gonna say she has a slight leg up over Madonna. 

Both are well over 50+ and still doing it better than most, so I applaud both. 

1 hour ago, OutofKontrol said:

I honestly don't think she was ever sick. That tour had extremely poor ticket sales for someone of Janet's caliber ,plus her tour was at the start/height of the housing crisis. 

Madonna sticky and sweet tour was sold out during the housing crisis.

So no excuses,  it literally underperformed cos of 2004 was still in effect at the time and discipline was another flop..

3 hours ago, Emil87 said:

I came here to say Janet instantly, then watched the clips of Madonna and was quite impressed (I’ve never seen her on tour). It’s hard to compare the two because their dancing styles are so different, but I personally prefer Janet’s style, especially since Britney’s own style was so inspired by her.

As far as the better overall performer, it’s tough to say. Madonna’s stage designs and concepts are on another level and there’s a reason her tours are so successful. Shes definitely more creative/innovative, but Janet just nails it every time I’ve seen a performance of hers, so I’m gonna say she has a slight leg up over Madonna. 

Both are well over 50+ and still doing it better than most, so I applaud both. 

Madonna dance style is more classically trained,  hint she had a scholarship for ballet at the University of Michigan. People prefer street dancing styles over classical ones. 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:31 AM, PickleSpears said:

I've seen them both twice (Janet's All For You and State of the World Tours, Madonna's Confessions and MDNA Tours) and I have to say... Janet.

Overall, Madonna's shows are better - more intricate with sets, props, videos, themed sections, artistic messages, etc.

But Janet is one of the best dancers on the planet and really is the better performer.

Agreed. Janet is the better performer while Madonna used to have the more intricate shows

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block