Who’s the better performer: Madonna or Janet?

I've seen them both twice (Janet's All For You and State of the World Tours, Madonna's Confessions and MDNA Tours) and I have to say... Janet.

Overall, Madonna's shows are better - more intricate with sets, props, videos, themed sections, artistic messages, etc.

But Janet is one of the best dancers on the planet and really is the better performer.

• Love 5
  • Super Mods
22 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

I've seen them both twice (Janet's All For You and State of the World Tours, Madonna's Confessions and MDNA Tours) and I have to say... Janet.

Overall, Madonna's shows are better - more intricate with sets, props, videos, themed sections, artistic messages, etc.

But Janet is one of the best dancers on the planet and really is the better performer.

Interesting perspective. Thanks for commenting :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

I've listened to both their music, seen clips of them performing. If i went to one of their shows i'd prob like to see Janet over Madonna. Madonna is talented/great business woman/confident/fearless/adopted 4 kids. definitely proven herself / earned her spot in pop music as "the queen". Janet was/is the female Michael/his little sister. Both ladies very talented but if i must choose i go with Janet, Ms. Jackson if ya nasty. :bsass_britney_boys_nod:

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, Garrett James said:

I've listened to both their music, seen clips of them performing. If i went to one of their shows i'd prob like to see Janet over Madonna. Madonna is talented/great business woman/confident/fearless/adopted 4 kids. definitely proven herself / earned her spot in pop music as "the queen". Janet was/is the female Michael/his little sister. Both ladies very talented but if i must choose i go with Janet, Ms. Jackson if ya nasty. :bsass_britney_boys_nod:

Queen Janet :bouncey:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Janet is much better if we are talking about dance skills, you cant even compare her to Madonna. But Madonna is a better performer and entertainer in general. As much as Janet is a good dancer, her choreography all look the same and its a bit boring. Id go see Madonna (even at her worse) over Janet easily, and im not a big Madonna fan.

Both are great in their own right, but for me it’s always been Janet. Her music just hits me different and feels like a labor of love.  Additionally, she can put on a show like no other (yes, you read that right). Her dance moves to this day are on point.  I’feel appreciated what Madonna has brought, but never to the level as Janet.

Lastly, she is no Whitney, but listening to her on “Again” makes you understand she can sing!

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, JayMac104 said:

Both are great in their own right, but for me it’s always been Janet. Her music just hits me different and feels like a labor of love.  Additionally, she can put on a show like no other (yes, you read that right). Her dance moves to this day are on point.  I’feel appreciated what Madonna has brought, but never to the level as Janet.

Lastly, she is no Whitney, but listening to her on “Again” makes you understand she can sing!

She has a very soft and angelic voice! :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

22 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

I agree. I've seen all of Janet shows since velvet rope, & saw Madonna MDNA tour. As a performer,  janet is truly one of the best. She is interactive with her audience, her setlist is enjoyable by all of the fans, and as a dancer, she goes full out in & has great energy.  you won't see an artist as remarkable as her on stage.

I feel bad for these kids who didn't get to experience the performers of the 90s and early 2000s in their prime. I don't think we'll ever see performers of that strength again-- Britney included. 

37 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

I agree. I've seen all of Janet shows since velvet rope, & saw Madonna MDNA tour. As a performer,  janet is truly one of the best. She is interactive with her audience, her setlist is enjoyable by all of the fans, and as a dancer, she goes full out in & has great energy.  you won't see an artist as remarkable as her on stage.

I feel bad for these kids who didn't get to experience the performers of the 90s and early 2000s in their prime. I don't think we'll ever see performers of that strength again-- Britney included. 

Janet's set lists are insane! Almost ALL her hits and then a handful of deep cuts and even some b-sides!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block