Britney's 'Blackout' album is now available in Dolby Atmos / Spatial audio!

14 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

OIDIA (song, not the album) also has spatial audio update on apple music, same goes with Toxic AFAIK. Blackout is the first full album to get this update.

Wait, didn't ITZ had a special sound treatment? It came in like a... DVD or something... Let me Google.

DVD-1: Entire Album In 5.1 Surround Sound & Stereo

OC03MTY5LmpwZWc.jpeg

Consulta los créditos, las críticas y las canciones, y compra la edición de 2005 Hybrid de "In The Zone" en Discogs.

* EDIT
No, this is the one I meant! It says "multichannel", and it has the Dolby logo!

OC04NDg4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Consulta los créditos, las críticas y las canciones, y compra la edición de 2004 DVD de "In The Zone" en Discogs.

6 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

How do all you ppl have Apple Music? Feel like I'm living alone on planet Spotify.

I'm so out of the tech loop lol I don't even know what Apple Music is, I just remember iTunes Store from the mid 00s .. assume its not the same thing.

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Same girl!  I dunno anyone with Apple Music, but know tons with Spotify... so it's weird to me that so many ppl here have it :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

How do all you ppl have Apple Music? Feel like I'm living alone on planet Spotify.

I'm so out of the tech loop lol I don't even know what Apple Music is, I just remember iTunes Store from the mid 00s .. assume its not the same thing.

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

I switched to Apple Music after being with Spotify for years. The audio quality is so much better on AM, and you can better manage your library compared to Spotify. You can upload your own music to the cloud and stream it anywhere which is handy for adding unreleased tracks to your library. There's no AM app for Windows yet, so you still use the iTunes app if you're listening on a PC. The biggest issue with AM is how ****ty the playlist / search function is. Spotify is much better for finding playlists and discovering new music, but the audio quality and library organization is keeping me from switching back to Spotify. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

ITZ had 5.1 audio version yes, but it's not the same as Dolby Atmos/spatial audio, so her label would still have to rework the tracks for Apple Music.

This is the one I meant!

OC04NDg4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Consulta los créditos, las críticas y las canciones, y compra la edición de 2004 DVD de "In The Zone" en Discogs.

Multichannel, Dolby logo... Not sure what's the difference. They are different releases.

3 minutes ago, Complication said:

I switched to Apple Music after being with Spotify for years. The audio quality is so much better on AM, and you can better manage your library compared to Spotify. You can upload your own music to the cloud and stream it anywhere which is handy for adding unreleased tracks to your library. There's no AM app for Windows yet, so you still use the iTunes app if you're listening on a PC. The biggest issue with AM is how ****ty the playlist / search function is. Spotify is much better for finding playlists and discovering new music, but the audio quality and library organization is keeping me from switching back to Spotify. 

TY! Had no idea I've been listening to subpar quality for years and years .... 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bitbitboi said:

This is the one I meant!

OC04NDg4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Multichannel, Dolby logo... Not sure what's the difference. They are different releases.

It has dolby digital logo which means that it has higher bitrate than .mp3 for example (better sound quality but still not lossless). 5.1 means that it has 5+1 sound channels (you'll need 5 speakers + subwoofer for the full effect, and with normal headphones some of the channels may be missing). Dolby Atmos is far more advanced than that and doesn't use hardcoded channels, but instead every single sound is an "object" that have their coordinates and will be dynamically placed in different channels that will output to speakers based on their location/distance/altitude, so it will support wide variety of setups from headphones to 36 speaker home theater. Hard to explain and understand, but we just have to wait for her label to remaster her other albums (including ITZ) to Dolby Atmos since 5.1 is not the same. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

It has dolby digital logo which means that it has higher bitrate than .mp3 for example (better sound quality but still not lossless). 5.1 means that it has 5+1 sound channels (you'll need 5 speakers + subwoofer for the full effect, and with normal headphones some of the channels may be missing). Dolby Atmos is far more advanced than that and doesn't use hardcoded channels, but instead every single sound is an "object" that have their coordinates and will be dynamically placed in different channels that will output to speakers based on their location/distance/altitude, so it will support wide variety of setups from headphones to 36 speaker home theater. Hard to explain and understand, but we just have to wait for her label to remaster her other albums (including ITZ) to Dolby Atmos since 5.1 is not the same. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Thank you SO much for this!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, jennyj said:

Same girl!  I dunno anyone with Apple Music, but know tons with Spotify... so it's weird to me that so many ppl here have it :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Apple Music and Amazon is bigger in the states. 

Garth brooks is exclusive to Amazon music, and Apple is American. 

Spotify slowly lost its footing,  part of it was the way the artists get paid, and the audio was better anyway,,before HD and other stuff. 

I’ve gotten the chance to listen to the entire thing and what I’m noticing is they’re super polished versions of the demos, which are a lot of fans’ favorite versions of Blackout. 

This is EXTREMELY noticeable on Radar which sounds like a mashup of the leaked demo and Candice’s leaked demo ❤️❤️❤️

This is fan service at its best! I can’t wait to hear future projects. I think I’m gonna check out Renaissance and Sweetener in ATMOS now. 

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block