Breaking: Queen Elizabeth has died

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful, warning points will be awarded to those making snide comments and jokes about the passing of another human being.

Just now, GlitterRain said:

Have some respect :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: she was a very powerful woman in the world. 

I did. yesterday. but she still protected her paedo son and I don't think we need to praise her like some sort of saint. she did her job but so do we all and yet we aren't getting state funded funerals and millions in taxes spent on our homes soooo forgive me for not being miffed that children will starve and elderly may die of hypothermia this winter k?  :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 9/8/2022 at 1:36 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

RIP but I still won’t forgive for what happened to Diana and what was happening with Megan :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Didn't Harry tell Oprah that Elizabeth wasn't one of the people being cruel to Megan? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: I mean, let's be honest, she silently cosigned it by not shutting it down immediately, but still.

As for Diana, yeah. There's no forgiving her for Di. The fact that Camila is now Queen, and Diana never will be? It almost pisses me off more than the situation with Britney's family. Almost.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

right? people are having to choose between heating their homes or feeding their children yet they expect us all to grieve over a woman who was 96 ffs it was inevitable. there are bigger things to worry about and the money used for all this crap could be put to a good cause and yet here we are forced to mourn a woman who protected her nonce of a son and celebrate "king charles" of all people :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Not to mention the many lives of people who were impacted and ended by this woman’s decisions to sustain formal colonialism, in some cases up until 1997 (Hong Kong). She was powerful because she inherited responsibilities and chose to maintain legacies of colonial rule. While a figurehead, she was not a saint.

People’s lives ended under her rule too. 

My mom grew up in India and even they were raised to aspire to be part of Commonwealth and by extension of that, became royalists. While I’m not impacted as severely and recognize the change in energy, we cannot be passing a blind eye on what Elizabeth stood for and where her power came from. The truth is Elizabeth was there at the brink of South African apartheid, she was all for residential schools in Canada (not suggesting Canadians don’t make their own decisions but she still had formalized power in Canada over the Gov General until 1980).  Even if it the root, she had a responsibility to apologize for things and did not. 

May she Rest In Peace, and may the millions of people victim to colonial rule rest in power.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, britney fkn spears said:

Not to mention the literal millions of lives of people who were impacted and ended by this woman’s decisions to sustain formal colonialism, in some cases up until 1997 (Hong Kong). She was powerful because she inherited responsibilities and chose to maintain legacies of colonial rule. While a figurehead, she was not a saint.

People’s lives ended under her rule too. 

My mom grew up in India and even they were raised to aspire to be part of Commonwealth and by extension of that, became royalists. While I’m not impacted as severely and recognize the change in energy, we cannot be passing a blind eye on what Elizabeth stood for and where her power came from. The truth is Elizabeth was there at the brink of South African apartheid, she was all for residential schools in Canada (not suggesting Canadians don’t make their own decisions but she still had formalized power in Canada over the General General until 1980).  Even if it the root, she had a responsibility to apologize for things and did not. 

these people that worship the queen will be the same people who hate on billionaires like bezos (not that I'm defending him), both use people they view as "lesser than" for power, money & status yet because you can buy a mug with the queens face on it and listen to her drone on for 10 mins every christmas she's viewed as some sort of saint and "important to our culture" f.uck that, I don't want my "culture" to be defined by a bunch of rich white people who profited off others pain, its everything wrong with this country and im so tired of it

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

these people that worship the queen will be the same people who hate on billionaires like bezos (not that I'm defending him), both use people they view as "lesser than" for power, money & status yet because you can buy a mug with the queens face on it and listen to her drone on for 10 mins every christmas she's viewed as some sort of saint and "important to our culture" f.uck that, I don't want my "culture" to be defined by a bunch of rich white people who profited off others pain, its everything wrong with this country and im so tired of it

6 hours ago, Shadow. said:

right? people are having to choose between heating their homes or feeding their children yet they expect us all to grieve over a woman who was 96 ffs it was inevitable. there are bigger things to worry about and the money used for all this crap could be put to a good cause and yet here we are forced to mourn a woman who protected her nonce of a son and celebrate "king charles" of all people :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

no one is expecting you to do anything, just want be a prick...it isn't that hard to be human.

8 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

okayyy… so it’s very sad she passed away… she lived a long life and she watched the world change… always sad when history dies…. but… on a crazy note… had anyone been seeing the stuff being shared about her and her husband from the 60s ??? 😳😳😳

The 1964 visit to the indigenous reserve in Canada?

12 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

Have some respect :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: she was a very powerful woman in the world and she will be deeply missed. 

The points raised by @Shadow. are completely valid. It has nothing to do with respect. I don’t have to respect someone and what they stand for simply because they have passed. She and the institution covered for Andrew until it was no longer feasible and public opinion started to shift - that’s nothing to respect. 

I already stated in the thread I was surprised I got emotional when the announcement was made, but that’s where it ends for me. 

She will be deeply missed by some, not everyone, and people are well within their rights to express their dismay at the current state of the UK, the monarchy and what’s to follow in the coming weeks. 

@Shadow. has stated nothing but FACTS when they said people in the UK are having to make a decision between heating their homes and feeding their children - you’re not even in the UK, and are likely unaware of how dire the situation is, so please don’t come in here talking about “respect” when what’s to happen in the coming weeks will cost millions upon millions. Meanwhile, the poorest people in the country can’t afford the basics. And even those on average wages are struggling. I’d say my wage is above average, and I am having to make changes… so, get out of here with your comments about “respect” JUST BECAUSE she is The Queen.

• Love 6
  • Super Mods
15 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

The points raised by @Shadow. are completely valid. It has nothing to do with respect. I don’t have to respect someone and what they stand for simply because they have passed. She and the institution covered for Andrew until it was no longer feasible and public opinion started to shift - that’s nothing to respect. 

I already stated in the thread I was surprised I got emotional when the announcement was made, but that’s where it ends for me. 

She will be deeply missed by some, not everyone, and people are well within their rights to express their dismay at the current state of the UK, the monarchy and what’s to follow in the coming weeks. 

@Shadow. has stated nothing but FACTS when they said people in the UK are having to make a decision between heating their homes and feeding their children - you’re not even in the UK, and are likely unaware of how dire the situation is, so please don’t come in here talking about “respect” when what’s to happen in the coming weeks will cost millions upon millions. Meanwhile, the poorest people in the country can’t afford the basics. And even those on average wages are struggling. I’d say my wage is above average, and I am having to make changes… so, get out of here with your comments about “respect” JUST BECAUSE she is The Queen.

Literally every country is experiencing that. Families all over the world aren’t able to afford the basic needs due to the high cost of living now a days and have to pick over heat, food or gas. Everything you said is valid and I respect however we can also still find some respect about her passing. Just because someone doesn’t like her or disagrees with her financial situation or actions, it doesn’t mean others should be disrespectful of her passing or making sarcastic and rude comments. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Literally every country is experiencing that. Families all over the world aren’t able to afford the basic needs due to the high cost of living now a days and have to pick over heat, food or gas. Everything you said is valid and I respect however we can also still find some respect about her passing. Just because someone doesn’t like her or disagrees with her financial situation or actions, it doesn’t mean others should be disrespectful of her passing or making sarcastic and rude comments. 

As I already said, you’re not in the UK, the cost of living crisis is heightened here at the moment due to the millions of pounds about to be spent on a funeral and subsequent coronation. It’s all pompous and show. And when we have UK mainstream media saying the cost of energy is now “irrelevant” given her death, and the corrupt UK government action being overshadowed, we have problems. Big problems. But, again, you’re not from here and likely don’t understand the points I am making. I was not diminishing the cost of living crisis worldwide. 

As for the comments made by Shadow, the majority of what was said by them was factual. Not sarcastic. Not rude. Factual. 

You were telling Shadow to be respectful because she is The Queen. Respect isn’t earned simply because of a title one has been handed. Respect is earned by actions, and there’s many things about the monarchy that people don’t need to be respectful about.

Respectful of her passing? Sure. Respectful of what she and the monarchy stood for? No. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block