Breaking: Queen Elizabeth has died

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful, warning points will be awarded to those making snide comments and jokes about the passing of another human being.

Just now, rennen2.0 said:

As I already said, you’re not in the UK, the cost of living crisis is heightened here at the moment due to the millions of pounds about to be spent on a funeral and subsequent coronation. It’s all pompous and show. And when we have UK mainstream media saying the cost of energy is now “irrelevant” given her death, and the corrupt UK government action being overshadowed, we have problems. Big problems. But, again, you’re not from here and likely don’t understand the points I am making. I was not diminishing the cost of living crisis worldwide. 

As for the comments made by Shadow, the majority of what was said by them was factual. Not sarcastic. Not rude. Factual. 

You were telling Shadow to be respectful because she is The Queen. Respect isn’t earned simply because of a title one has been handed. Respect is earned by actions, and there’s many things about the monarchy that people don’t need to be respectful about.

Respectful of her passing? Sure. Respectful of what she and the monarchy stood for? No. 

Most people in the UK already told their kids, Christmas is cancelled if things don't get better, I think it's gonna be worldwide, Christmas was a poor sales season 

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods
18 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

As I already said, you’re not in the UK, the cost of living crisis is heightened here at the moment due to the millions of pounds about to be spent on a funeral and subsequent coronation. It’s all pompous and show. And when we have UK mainstream media saying the cost of energy is now “irrelevant” given her death, and the corrupt UK government action being overshadowed, we have problems. Big problems. But, again, you’re not from here and likely don’t understand the points I am making. I was not diminishing the cost of living crisis worldwide. 

As for the comments made by Shadow, the majority of what was said by them was factual. Not sarcastic. Not rude. Factual. 

You were telling Shadow to be respectful because she is The Queen. Respect isn’t earned simply because of a title one has been handed. Respect is earned by actions, and there’s many things about the monarchy that people don’t need to be respectful about.

Respectful of her passing? Sure. Respectful of what she and the monarchy stood for? No. 

Charlie Day Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

Facts on facts on facts

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

So you're choosing the path of spreading misinformation. Let me tell you like it is because you are clearly uninformed. 

1. The Royal Family gives up voluntarily its revenue to the exchequer in return for a smaller fixed income. That means in effect taxing itself by well over 90%. 

2. The Royal Family costs about £60 million per year, but in exchange they generate around £2 billion per year, so that means they generate a revenue of about 33 times more than what it costs to maintain them. So you could say those £60 million are 'well invested money'.

3. According to the latest YouGov survey results which was conducted in May 2022, 73% of British citizens are in favour of Britain remaining a monarchy, 11% don't know and only 16% are in favour of having an elected head of state.

Check your facts before spreading misinformation. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block