Taylor Swift "Midnights" out now with 7 surprise bonus tracks, breaking streaming records on Spotify, Amazon, and Apple Music!

3 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

Nahh there are only 2 versions.. the standard and the deluxe one (but for each - one explicit and one clean).

The media wants to spin a fake narrative. She is already the biggest selling female artists this year with or without Midnights.

Playing devil's advocate, she released 5 different vinyls. Lots of fans are like "omg I need to buy all of them". Which, same. But there's definitely a tactic there.

I think Taylor is super talented as a businesswoman and song writer. I love a few of her albums. This album is a no for me. I skimmed through every song on the new album. It’s weird. I don’t know. It’s not Reputation that’s for sure. It’s not Lover or Fearless or Red. It’s just so bland sounding to me. Am I the only one who thinks this way? Maybe my opinion will change once I see the music videos accompanying the songs 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Urbanney said:

So far, I’m liking the vibe of the album, I just struggle to get into Taylor’s style. I don’t like the way she sings/pronounces things, I don’t like her wild random storytelling on certain songs, and idk, I just don’t vibe with her. I feel like every time I listen to her albums, with the exception of folklore, it just feels kinda cheesy and like it’s lacking in swagger which I like in artists. I’m trying to not sound like an *** hole and to separate my own biases out, but I don’t know a better way to describe how her albums feel for me than to say they just feel basic and cringey. 

Like “it’s me, hi, I’m the problem” makes me want to gag. :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

for me its far from basic. i find her very cool and personable, and sincere!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, x.rox said:

I think Taylor is super talented as a businesswoman and song writer. I love a few of her albums. This album is a no for me. I skimmed through every song on the new album. It’s weird. I don’t know. It’s not Reputation that’s for sure. It’s not Lover or Fearless or Red. It’s just so bland sounding to me. Am I the only one who thinks this way? Maybe my opinion will change once I see the music videos accompanying the songs 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

So much people think like you don’t worry

• Love 1

The album is no Red or 1989. However, it is a very fun album with a joyful vibe. She had fun with it and so did I. I am glad its not another folklore or evermore cause we had those and they were great, time for something fresh. I also loved Lover, which makes me biased with this one. :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Taylor holds herself to very high standards, so I understand the backlash from some people. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

Anyway, 1989 and Reputation re-releases coming next year, we have a lot of new from the vault tracks coming up. :bouncey:

I think sonically, this album sounds as if she were trying to be Billie Eilish, Lorde, her old self and Lana at the same time and failing at it, buuuut the lyrics are vulnerable and sincere. Even though I find many songs boring and repetitive, I really appreciate that she allows herself to be vulnerable and I like the fact that Anti-Hero does not take itself seriously. It is funny and quite self aware at the same time. I dislike the lyrics in karma, but I also like the fact that she is talking about cats on her lap. It is lame, but true to herself, at the same time and I think that is one of the aspects that has kept her relevant for so long. She does herself, she is not chasing trends, nor duets with popuar artists or so on. Anybody else would have come out with a Latin infused record and a duet with Bad Bunny. Meanwhile, she is doing her own thing.

She does have some skimmy marketing strategies, but well, look at her, this is one of the most active topics in a forum dedicated to another artist. She knows how to create a momentum and sell.

The part that I just don´t understand is the adoration of critics. I think,  at this point it is her name more than the work itself, cause this is definitely not a 10/10 album. Not even close. 

Okay I've finally listened to this album. Personally I think it's pretty good, cohesive and it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be (in my opinion). Reputation is my favourite Taylor album and this album is the PERFECT sequel to it, it seems to expand upon that dark, glitchy type of pop music Taylor has done so well and it is definitely a very moody album, perfect for autumn/winter nights when it's dark outside.

There's a little bit of 1989, Lover, Folklore and Evermore influence sprinkled in on some of the tracks too (Snow On the Beach is a literal cross between 1989 and Folklore to me). No the album probably isn't Taylor's best, but I enjoyed it upon first listen, and she really blessed us by giving us 20 tracks (soon to be 21 with the release of the Target edition).

Lavender Haze, Maroon, Anti-Hero, Midnight Rain, Question, Bejeweled, Karma, Paris, Dear Reader... just DAMN.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

The album is no Red or 1989. However, it is a very fun album with a joyful vibe. She had fun with it and so did I. I am glad its not another folklore or evermore cause we had those and they were great, time for something fresh. I also loved Lover, which makes me biased with this one. :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Taylor holds herself to very high standards, so I understand the backlash from some people. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

Anyway, 1989 and Reputation re-releases coming next year, we have a lot of new from the vault tracks coming up. :bouncey:

1989 is probably one of my favourites from her catalogue 

• Love 1

My current favorites right now are Labyrinth followed by Sweet Nothing and High Infidelity. 

I need to listen just a dozen more times to really know my official top 5  :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush: 

I currently DON'T like Question and Vigilante ****... the line ''i don't dress for men, i don't dress for women, i dress for revenge'' is very cringe to me :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block