Britney posts about "Hold Me Closer:" Thank you for your generosity and just thinking of me to join you on such a brilliant song 🎶 !!!

5 minutes ago, Body ache said:

It sounds like she's shading Elton for using her as a background singer. Maybe in her mind she was supposed to sing the chorus by herself. She's also shading those who think they know her.

The opposite actually. She feels humbled and grateful that Elton asked her to be part of it. Stop trying to find drama where there’s none. 

• Love 8
  • Like 1
Just now, GirlOnTheMoon said:

The opposite actually. She feels humbled and grateful that Elton asked her to be part of it. Stop trying to find drama where there’s none. 

Then what is the background singer bit about? Is she insinuating that people think she's more of a background singer on the song and she's calling them out?

Well one thing we know for sure is that the original was so much more Britney and Less Elton, but the new one they are about to release is the opposite. Depending on whose asking this change was...  Britney might be disappointed that she got dailed down. Or if this was her asking, she is being extremly supportive and considerate to not take away from 'his' song. 2 cents.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, AutumnGoodbye said:

I think she struggles to articulate her thoughts sometimes. It's great that she's not shy to sound off when things annoy her, but I think sometimes she can be a little indirect and maybe come off as passive aggressive? Against those that genuinely mean no disrespect towards her. I love her so much and I really don't understand why it bothers her that people wish her happiness, if it even does. I wish her that and more. 

I’m trying to understand her and where she’s coming from. 

I’m thinking she’s extremely bitter and angry by everyone in Hollywood who stood by, knowingly or unknowingly, about what was happening to her and now all of a sudden they want her to be “happy”. 

I think she deeply resents the hypocrisy of that and perhaps that’s why it triggers her so much. 

I hate she feels this way and has so much pain. 

• Love 3

WTF is everyone’s issue? It’s not that it’s the first time she used Insta. Her posts are fairly straight forward (although they confuse everyone who overthinks). She’s grateful for the opportunity to be invited into Elton’s song, she is being humble, and she drags all of us who keep trying to tell her how to love her damn life, manage her career 🤦🏻‍♂️

Love the post, and love Britney even more for it. ❤️ Stop trying to over analyse it 🙌🏻😎

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block