Britney Spears "has no estate" so what is the deal with Britney Brands?

9 minutes ago, kgid said:

CaPsLoCk aNgEr BuZzWoRdS iNsUlTs

Nope.  Sit down, friend.  The story of corruption, she'll companies, mismanagement, bad financial actors is NOT routinely interesting in finance law.  Because it is so common place.  But I can see you be like troll so, yes, I am aware I'm wasting my breath.  

The caps lock was intended to be sassy not troll-y 🕊

I’m genuinely excited to meet new people who do this kind of stuff for a living. I work in finance…and im sort of desperate to nerd out with someone over the accountings.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

🚩🚩Miley & Britney have a certain manager/lawyer in common - Larry Rudolph. His legal specialty is IP and copyright. 

I'm curious to know...

When Larry is thanked in the BSB liner notes as being part of the "Jive Clan," is Larry being paid by...

• The artist?
  • Lou Pearlman?
  • Jive?

Who does Larry Rudolph actually work for?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I didn’t realize an estate is specifically for someone that passed away. So why exactly did Britney have one.

it makes sense when she said in court to judge penny “you made me feel like I was dead”

It's not.

My mom had Alzheimer's and my dad was awarded Power of Attorney over her.

He had POA over her "estate" and was able to access her bank accounts and pay her bills on her behalf until she died.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, mocha latto said:

Ok that was interesting to read. Wow so many companies and parties wanted Britney to do a deposition, to prove rather or not she was truly incompetent and if she was even aware of what was going on with her businesses. 

They even mentioned how she did an interview with Ryan secrest and seemed fine. 

that’s definitely saying something! Big players were also interested in the legality of Britney’s conservatorship. 

imagine Britney had the chance to a deposition she would’ve reveled that the con was nothing but a big scam and she wasn’t in control. 
 And this was back in 2011.

Now I do know she did eventually sit for a deposition from Sam lufti  after years of avoiding it(anyone have details on that) but who knows what **** cocktail or level of threatening they could’ve gave her that day so she could be compliant???

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm curious to know...

When Larry is thanked in the BSB liner notes as being part of the "Jive Clan," is Larry being paid by...

• The artist?
  • Lou Pearlman?
  • Jive?

That's a great question.  I've been wondering that for a while.  

Sunset Tan Larry Rudolph's profile:

Larry Rudolph, Co-President of LA Sunset Tan.

In 1992, Larry Rudolph founded the entertainment law firm of Rudolph & Beer, which quickly became one of the preeminent entertainment law firms on the East Coast. Their high-profile clients include: The Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Nick Lachey, 98 Degrees, and Jessica Simpson, to name a few.

11 minutes ago, tco said:

i hate when people use this as a way to insinuate kane had something to do with michael jackson's death (not saying you are)

come to jesus is a common phrase used, especially in addiction recovery/therapy, as a way to describe a person having the realization that their life/decisions/etc need to change. it doesn't mean to literally "go to the light and see jesus"

• Like 1

I'm curious to know...

• The artist?
  • Lou Pearlman?
  • Jive?

Under "significant representations"

Backstreet Boys, Backstreet Boys, Jive Records
Backstreet Boys, Millennium, Jive Records
Britney Spears, ...Baby One More Time, Jive Records
Britney Spears , Oops... I Did It Again, Jive Records
Britney Spears, Britney, Jive Records

4 minutes ago, easy said:

i hate when people use this as a way to insinuate kane had something to do with michael jackson's death (not saying you are)

come to jesus is a common phrase used, especially in addiction recovery/therapy, as a way to describe a person having the realization that their life/decisions/etc need to change. it doesn't mean to literally "go to the light and see jesus"

I always had the impression that in this case, it implies that they were putting immense pressure on him to perform (which was the big, immediate money-maker). 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

I always had the impression that in this case, it implies that they were putting immense pressure on him to perform (which was the big, immediate money-maker). 

agreed! i think jackson was feeling the pressure of having to perform, was looking to back out, and kane wanted to remind him the financial side without adding more pressure. 

• Love 1

I'm curious to know...

• The artist?
  • Lou Pearlman?
  • Jive?

Check out this Billboard magazine from November 2001. 

default.jpg
ARCHIVE.ORG

In its 114th year, Billboard remains the world's premier weekly music publication and a diverse digital, events, brand, content and data licensing platform....

In particular, the ad on page 2.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Management: Larry Rudolph and Johnny Wright for Wright Entertainment Group.

Legal Representation: Rudolph and Beer

So, Rudolph & Beer works for Jive, but Larry Rudolph works for WEG.  :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

agreed! i think jackson was feeling the pressure of having to perform, was looking to back out, and kane wanted to remind him the financial side without adding more pressure. 

Well, I think reminding Michael Kane's lecture to Michael of the financial drawbacks to backing out of a contract is not exactly a friendly conversation. It's going to be aggressive, threatening and probably laced with the worst possible consequences. I've always heard "come to Jesus" used in a context that basically implies violence to force compliance. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Wayne said:

I don’t think he can. He would need permission from her to use her name/likeness which she would decline. If he did without her permission she can sue. 

He does not if he gave himself full control through Britney during the conservatorship. Again, in the music industry you are not automatically guaranteed the rights to your own image & likeness.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Well, I think reminding Michael Kane's lecture to Michael of the financial drawbacks to backing out of a contract is not exactly a friendly conversation. It's going to be aggressive, threatening and probably laced with the worst possible consequences. I've always heard "come to Jesus" used in a context that basically implies violence to force compliance. 

i work in addiction recovery/therapy and in my profession it's always used as having addicts and former addicts understand the weight of their addiction and how their actions need/should change. never threatening, always very encouraging of growth and healing. never a lecture either, it's an open and honest discussion. no hand holding and coddling, sure, but rather a "tough love" conversation. 

i work in addiction recovery/therapy and in my profession it's always used as having addicts and former addicts understand the weight of their addiction and how their actions need/should change. never threatening, always very encouraging of growth and healing. never a lecture either, it's an open and honest discussion. no hand holding and coddling, sure, but rather a "tough love" conversation. 

I don't think business managers necessarily have the same goals as addiction counselors.  I think Michael Kane's "come to jesus" would have been more like this:

come-to-jesus-meeting-1024x1015.png

Come to Jesus Meeting: It’s meant to convey the importance (and maybe the overdue nature) of a meeting where a supervisor is going to finally lay down the law or where a crisis is finally going to be addressed.

"This hackneyed, overused phrase is meant to show that the speaker is not just serious or even really serious this time; but, rather, he or she is really, really, really serious! So serious, in fact, that, “If Bob doesn’t step up his performance, we’re going to have a Come to Jesus Meeting!”

It’s meant to convey the importance (and maybe the overdue nature) of a meeting where a supervisor is going to finally lay down the law or where a crisis is finally going to be addressed."

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ghoulia said:

I don't think business managers necessarily have the same goals as addiction counselors.  I think Michael Kane's "come to jesus" would have been more like this:

come-to-jesus-meeting-1024x1015.png

Come to Jesus Meeting: It’s meant to convey the importance (and maybe the overdue nature) of a meeting where a supervisor is going to finally lay down the law or where a crisis is finally going to be addressed.

"This hackneyed, overused phrase is meant to show that the speaker is not just serious or even really serious this time; but, rather, he or she is really, really, really serious! So serious, in fact, that, “If Bob doesn’t step up his performance, we’re going to have a Come to Jesus Meeting!”

It’s meant to convey the importance (and maybe the overdue nature) of a meeting where a supervisor is going to finally lay down the law or where a crisis is finally going to be addressed."

yes, i don't think kane would have the same care as a counselor would either- he wants to make money. i just don't like the insinuation that "come to jesus" meant that kane was involved in jackson's death. which is how i always see people use that email when discussing kane/jackson/britney

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block