Britney Spears "has no estate" so what is the deal with Britney Brands?

2 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Here's an example of the family tree on Jamie's side:

4399511_fbs.jpg

A resident of Mt. Hermon, he passed away on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at Riverside Medical Center in Franklinton. He was born November 22, 1949 in Tangipahoa and was 67 years of age. He is survived by his...

me working on a family tree: :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Remember when her brother called her the family business? tea!

Currently making a video on this so I want to ask does anyone have any Britney merch from 2003-2005? I'm making a video to try and sum up the image & trademark drama, and I just want to see the copyright jargon/tags on some of her merchandise from that time (before certain companies started to get dissolved)

I've been poking through the Spears family tree and it lead me back to Britney's first contract with Zomba.

Here's the first 70 pages of it. 

@RebellionSparkles did we ever finish the other half? I can't remember :jackk_alien:  if not, I will grab it as a pdf and put it together.

This is what caught my eye today - Larry Rudolph's role in 1997. He's on this contract as JAMIE'S attorney. Not Zomba or Jive or even Britney.

Maybe this is super obvious to everyone but it puts so much into perspective for me, looking back at the initial setup of the cship. 

Question for all you smarties out there - how does the "age of majority" play into Britney's career? Was Jamie conceivably executing, approving or ratifying all contracts until Britney was 25? 

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

22 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

I've been poking through the Spears family tree and it lead me back to Britney's first contract with Zomba.

Here's the first 70 pages of it. 

@RebellionSparkles did we ever finish the other half? I can't remember :jackk_alien:  if not, I will grab it as a pdf and put it together.

This is what caught my eye today - Larry Rudolph's role in 1997. He's on this contract as JAMIE'S attorney. Not Zomba or Jive or even Britney.

Maybe this is super obvious to everyone but it puts so much into perspective for me, looking back at the initial setup of the cship. 

Question for all you smarties out there - how does the "age of majority" play into Britney's career? Was Jamie conceivably executing, approving or ratifying all contracts until Britney was 25? 

Hide contents

spacer.pngspacer.png

I believe she signed herself when it came to amending her contract with Johnny Wright.

A copy should be in the WEG suit.

Sept. 19, 2000 - Upon reaching the age of majority, Britney Spears ratifies an amendment to her Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright. The contract is for one year, with annual renewals.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 3 and Exhibit B. (Case No. 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I believe she signed herself when it came to amending her contract with Johnny Wright.

A copy should be in the WEG suit.

Sept. 19, 2000 - Upon reaching the age of majority, Britney Spears ratifies an amendment to her Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright. The contract is for one year, with annual renewals.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 3 and Exhibit B. (Case No. 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Is it possible that Larry and Jamie continued to have their own deal worked out with regards to the recording company contracts? And that in 2004, Britney fired Larry because she was trying to assert more power over her career, which was impossible with Jamie being the administrator of contract with Larry? 

12 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Is it possible that Larry and Jamie continued to have their own deal worked out with regards to the recording company contracts? And that in 2004, Britney fired Larry because she was trying to assert more power over her career, which was impossible with Jamie being the administrator of contract with Larry? 

This is @RebellionSparkles wheelhouse, but I believe it matters which state the contract is signed in.

For example:

Dec. 2, 1999 - Britney Spears turns 18, which is the age of majority in her home state of Louisiana and in the states of Florida, New York, and California.

Dec. 2, 2002 - Britney Spears turns 21, which is the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UMTA) age of majority in the states of Florida and New York. Money deposited into a UTMA account typically can't be withdrawn except by the child at the appropriate age. A UTMA custodian may be able to use some custodial assets for the "use and benefit of the minor."

Dec. 2, 2006 - Britney turns 25, which is the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UMTA) age of majority in the state of Florida if the transferer/parent chooses. Otherwise, the age of majority in Florida is 21-years old.

10 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

@Ghoulia My gut is telling me this is about Britney's LLC's, not her contracts.

Notice that the "big" LLC's such as Britney Brands and Britney Touring both had Florida branches?

Does that mean that if funds were deposited into a UMTA account in the state of Florida that James Parnell had control over them until Britney turned 25 on Dec. 2, 2006?

Is this what attracted Larry to Orlando?

13 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

@Ghoulia My gut is telling me this is about Britney's LLC's, not her contracts.

Notice that the "big" LLC's such as Britney Brands and Britney Touring both had Florida branches?

Does that mean that if funds were deposited into a UMTA account in the state of Florida that James Parnell had control over them until Britney turned 25 on Dec. 2, 2006?

Agree, re: LLCs.  I doubt Zomba or Jive or whatever major label would have much use for a meddling third party attorney. I just happened to notice the wording on the Zomba contract and it got me thinking.  

3 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Agree, re: LLCs.  I doubt Zomba or Jive or whatever major label would have much use for a meddling third party attorney. I just happened to notice the wording on the Zomba contract and it got me thinking.  

We know that Larry also represented Jive.

So..

Did he ever represent Britney as an attorney?

Or did he only ever represent her as a manager after Johnny's departure?

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Larry and Lou Pearlman?

Weren't they originally living across the bridge from each other in Queens and The Bronx?

I never nailed down a specific meeting point between Larry and Lou Pearlman. Perhaps this is what inspired Larry?  Lou Pearlman starting his boy bands in Orlando because of the age of majority laws? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Pg 18 of the Zomba contract mentions this about one specific advance:

spacer.png

I'm still seeing "spacer.png" but...

Looking at the original document...

$35,000 up front for Larry's services...The contract doesn't specify if Larry works for Britney or for Zomba.

And the advances?

I'm assuming those are deposited into a bank account that James Parnell is in control of up until the SJB Revocable Trust is created in July of 2004?

And perhaps beyond, depending on where the bank account is located?

7 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

We know that Larry also represented Jive.

So..

Did he ever represent Britney as an attorney?

Or did he only ever represent her as a manager after Johnny's departure?

Good question. The Zomba contract is contained within a Louisiana document. My understanding is that Larry Rudolph, an attorney licensed in the state of New York, could not have a minor sign her own recording contract. He worked with Cynthia Vorhiees, a Louisiana attorney, to draft this preface which grants Jamie and Lynne power... to enter Britney's contract? So they are, essentially, acting as "Britney Spears" while she is a minor.  Does this sound right? 

• Like 2
Just now, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm still seeing "spacer.png" but...

Looking at the original document...

$35,000 up front for Larry's services...The contract doesn't specify if Larry works for Britney or for Zomba.

And the advances?

I'm assuming those are deposited into a bank account that James Parnell is in control of up until the SJB Revocable Trust is created in July of 2004?

And perhaps beyond, depending on where the bank account is located?

AGHH! I'm sorry!!

spacer.png

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block