Britney Spears "has no estate" so what is the deal with Britney Brands?

9 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

But what is the difference between let's say Britney Brands and TAS Rights Management, both are companies that control the brand of an artists (BB is Britney and TAS is Taylor Swift).

There is no difference. But because these are all private corporations, the public has no official knowledge of what intellectual property (song rights, image, etc) is owned by these companies.

for instance, there is another company that spent a lot of legal expenses on B’s IP called  Shiloh Standing. It’s possible Shiloh Standing holds the rights to the valuable IP…but there is no way for the public to know for sure bc they are private corporations.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Taylor hadn't necessarily had people looking to undercut in the way Britney has, under the conservatorship. Taylor owns her brand because she instructed her lawyers to do that, which is why her masters has become such an important issue for her.

I would assume that Jamie no longer operates in any capacity, as it would be too obvious to ignore. It's either an update issue or a defunct header.

James Spears does not operate Britney brands Inc since November 2021. Muchael Kane was appointed CEO and president, that's on the court papers. The sites are not fully updated online, that's all

• Like 4

britney brands is a company that creates revenue for britney. not sure why people are saying it was created in 2009, that's false. it was created in 1999. jamie was listed as president/owner because he was conservator, and as we all know, he was britney spears 🙄 britney owns her person and her business again. that is the whole reason zabel was granted additional powers after termination— to get britney's money and affairs back in order and back to her.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Taylor hadn't necessarily had people looking to undercut in the way Britney has, under the conservatorship. Taylor owns her brand because she instructed her lawyers to do that, which is why her masters has become such an important issue for her.

I would assume that Jamie no longer operates in any capacity, as it would be too obvious to ignore. It's either an update issue or a defunct header.

I don’t think we should turn a blind eye to it tho until we get an actual confirmation, maybe your right but I’ll be waiting for that updated header! 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

That’s not true. At least we don’t know.

none of us simpletons have confirmation of such things.

someone checked the secretary of the state records for that company and the most recent update is signed by Michael Kane, her current business manager, whereas before it was signed by Jamie. You can check the company's records online.

The reason for the $60 million net worth is probably two things: Jamie allowed the estate to be drained and they did not disclose the assets held in Britney's trusts.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, MadameFreedom said:

Dude we have confirmation. Even in the above document. There is only Ms Spears.

To be fair! I am one of the people that speculates that the CONs stole B’s IP in Britney Brands. BUT I also know there is no way to prove this speculation with the publicly available info. BUT I 💯% believe if the CONs stole valuable IP we will be getting a long notes app post from B with lots of these emojis: 🖕🖕😘🍑

There are lots of sketchy practices with IP and naming rights. Remember Prince changed his name to The Artist (formerly known as Prince), and then to a symbol, and then back to Prince? IMO the name changes  were all about IP disputes and naming rights.

so it’s def true that Britney is free and there is no estate (bc estates are for dead people). BUT it’s entirely possible that the CONs did something sketchy with Britney’s naming rights and somehow are still profiting from her name (ie through Britney Brands).

• Love 4
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

There is no difference. But because these are all private corporations, the public has no official knowledge of what intellectual property (song rights, image, etc) is owned by these companies.

for instance, there is another company that spent a lot of legal expenses on B’s IP called  Shiloh Standing. It’s possible Shiloh Standing holds the rights to the valuable IP…but there is no way for the public to know for sure bc they are private corporations.

So would you say there's still probable reason to believe that Jamie is still the owner of these corporations? Or would you feel confident saying that Britney does in fact own her brand? 

3 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

So would you say there's still probable reason to believe that Jamie is still the owner of these corporations? Or would you feel confident saying that Britney does in fact own her brand? 

Firstly I believe that Britney is in control and has wayyy more info than we do.  So if a problem exists, B will fix it and hopefully bless Stan’s with a notes app post dragging the peeps that wronged her.

The CONs def don’t own ALL B’s corporations…but there is enough evidence to question whether the CONs are the ones making $$ from Britney’s perfumes.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, easy said:

britney brands is a company that creates revenue for britney. not sure why people are saying it was created in 2009, that's false. it was created in 1999. jamie was listed as president/owner because he was conservator, and as we all know, he was britney spears 🙄 britney owns her person and her business again. that is the whole reason zabel was granted additional powers after termination— to get britney's money and affairs back in order and back to her.

It’s not for Stan’s to speculate…but if I were Cade I would def do a deep dive on the ownership structure of One More Time Music, Britney Brands, and Shiloh Standing and understand how/if IP transferred over time.

It’s important to remember that all of this is just a money problem…how to allocate fans coins to various players. Freedom>$$ always. 

• Love 2
Just now, RebellionSparkles said:

It’s not for Stan’s to speculate…but if I were Cade I would def do a deep dive on the ownership structure of One More Time Music, Britney Brands, and Shiloh Standing and understand how/if IP transferred over time.

It’s important to remember that all of this is just a money problem…how to allocate fans coins to various players. Freedom>$$ always. 

But the only way for a biz manager like Cade to get freedom from the leeches (mostly Larry and Lou) is to understand the ownership structure of IP.

whoever is B’s new biz manager will spend $1mm on lawyers and legal researchers just to understand the IP ownership. OR just leak all those contracts to Stans and we will figure it out. The quality of research Stan’s do is a service literally impossible to buy

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

No one knows what the ownership structure of Britney Brands is.

I’m sure Britney will let us know in due time if her name is being used by the CONs to make money. But until new information becomes available, the public will not know if the CONs are making money from Britney’s name and image.

This, isn't accurate.

Britney Brands was established in 1999 and as of 2014 ( the last date of registered transactions) it was operated by Wallet and J. Spears. In corporation with Tri-Star.  This information is readily available on dot gov websites tracking corporations and llcs

Not for nothing, it has ALL the trappings of a shell company.  Who said laundering?  Because that's exactly what it looks like ESPECIALLY considering it hasn't moved any money since the last "quiet" period of Activity.  (Before BJ and Glory, but After Femme Fatale and that subsequent tour.)

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, kgid said:

This, isn't accurate.

Britney Brands was established in 1999 and as of 2014 ( the last date of registered transactions) it was operated by Wallet and J. Spears. In corporation with Tri-Star.  This information is readily available on dot gov websites tracking corporations and llcs

Not for nothing, it has ALL the trappings of a shell company.  Who said laundering?  Because that's exactly what it looks like ESPECIALLY considering it hasn't moved any money since the last "quiet" period of Activity.  (Before BJ and Glory, but After Femme Fatale and that subsequent tour.)

Yes, but the ownership structure has never been public info…like if there are 100 theoretical shares of the company, who owns each share? 
^^this is one of my major frustrations with the CON and private companies in general.

If Britney Brands we’re a publicly traded company (and you could buy/sell shares on the stock market) it would be a legal requirement to disclose any entity that owns more than 5% of shares (in order to prevent theft, power plays, etc).

but because all of these corporations are privately held (for Britney and for all musicians in general), it creates a breeding ground for theft and corruption because there are no disclosure requirements about operations and ownership.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block