Britney Spears "has no estate" so what is the deal with Britney Brands?

11 hours ago, The Finn said:

I don’t see any reason to believe that Britney doesn’t own Britney Brands and other companies that used to belong to the conservatorship and I see no real evidence that her dad or Tri-Star would own them. They never owned them - they just managed them as conservator/business managers on behalf of the conservatorship.

PopCorn planet was able to get a response from Michael Kane about his “come to Jesus” emails – and it makes it obvious that he wasn’t part of death of Michael Jackson.

I highly recommend you’ll watch the video.

Thanks for posting, I didn’t realise MJ was in THAT much debt when he was alive. Wow. 

That statement  actually makes me think differently of Michael Kane.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:
Britney-Spears-uncle-Willie-threatens-he

BRITNEY Spears’ uncle Willie threatened her fans in a furious video amid the family’s war over her conservatorship, The Sun can reveal.The b

I am officially taking this personal and suing. /s

Lou & Lima do it. Why can't we? Gary Busey Balance GIF by Gary Busey: Pet Judge

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

We need to see one more generation to have an answer.

Circa 1981.

David Wayne Spears, b. 1975 and Stevon L. Spears, b.1972. 

Here's the connection! (This was hard for me, lol).

Jamie's great-uncle is Andrew Everett Spears (1845-1935).  

David and Stevon's great-great grandpa is Andrew Everett Spears.  So that makes them...related. 

https://goo.gl/maps/r23jaioLeF8ZNWMSA

spacer.png

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mocha latto said:

I really want to extend a 'thank you' to all the people on this thread that have really helped me get insight on this complication with her brand & commercial image. 

As an independent musician I've had to sit through hours of boring courses and online classes about music ownership and branding & I think this conversation is really important to have.

It's not JUST Britney but her situation speaks volumes about the flaws in the music business with brand & image. My peers and I go to networking events and use online platforms to network. People like Lou Taylor and companies like CAA are almost always there looking for artists who are just starting out with little knowledge of how they could essentially be turned into a puppet without knowing it.

It doesn't require a conservatorship to get a ****ty contract, or lose ownership of your work, or ending up becoming a singing puppet cash cow, but Britneys' situation made it very easy for her father to go over her head and claim ownership over things.

Some of y'all on this thread have really strong insight and background in things out of my scope, and it really helps clairify the complicated loopholes around Britneys' brand & artists commercial image/trademarks/etc in general.

My friend is a federal trademark attorney - she oversees the ability to trademark things. My friend said B will get her trademarks back (everything using her name/likeness will be B's decision, BUT the termination of the CON wouldn't necessarily terminate business deals that were already in place. They probably rushed a bunch of deals through knowing the con was ending.

https://twitter.com/Mx_Defying/status/1500714506137346050?s=20&t=ngGDbQ83KijmmFzeDnNlZQ  

I've always been very interested in Epic Rights and its relationship to Britney's lifestyle brand, considering the guy left Live Nation at the same time as Irving Azoff.

https://twitter.com/Mx_Defying/status/1454328112150368256?s=20&t=ngGDbQ83KijmmFzeDnNlZQ

• Love 1
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

David Wayne Spears, b. 1975 and Stevon L. Spears, b.1972. 

Here's the connection! (This was hard for me, lol).

Jamie's great-uncle is Andrew Everett Spears (1845-1935).  

David and Stevon's great-great grandpa is Andrew Everett Spears.  So that makes them...related. 

https://goo.gl/maps/r23jaioLeF8ZNWMSA

spacer.png

Now why would a distant cousin only six years older than Britney be named on the registration papers for Britney Brands, Inc.

Using James Parnell's home address, no less?

:girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

There was a lot of money to be made in the early days.

Mar. 18, 1999 - Britney Spears registers Britney Brands, Inc. in the state of Louisiana.

Nov. 2, 1999 - Britney Brands, Inc. signs a deal with Famous Fixins, Inc. to manufacture "Britney Spears CD Bubble Gum," with a launch scheduled for April 2000. As compensation, Britney Brands, Inc. is entitled to a "royalty of 9% of net sales on all units that we sell...Britney Brands is entitled to a minimum royalty guarantee of $150,000, including the advance. We agreed to make a non-refundable payment of $10,000 to the Britney Spears Foundation. We issued to Britney Brands warrants to purchase a total of 200,000 shares of our common stock. The warrants are exercisable at $0.25 per share..." As part of the deal, Famous Fixins, Inc. issues the common stock, valued at $95,496, to Britney Spears, Signatures Network, Inc., Laurence H. Rudolph, Johnny Wright, Burt Padell and Reggie Covington.

June 25, 2003 - A branch of Britney Brands, Inc. is incorporated as a "foreign business corporation" in the state of New York. (Company No. 2923656)

July 26, 2004 - Britney's estimated $100-million fortune is placed into the SJB Revocable Trust. Britney is the sole Trustee. The Trust includes all of Britney's corporations: BBS Entertainment Inc., Britney Brands, Inc., Britney Films, Inc., Britney On-Line, Inc., Britney Television, LLC, One More Time Music, Inc., Parklane Productions, LLC, Coastal Operatives, LLC, B & L Music, Inc., Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (California), Bridgemore Timber, LLC, Vista Peace Productions, LLC, Britney Touring, Inc. (the "Entities"), and Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (Delaware). The Trust also includes all of Britney's  stocks and securities, cash and cash equivalents such as bank and savings accounts, and personal items such as jewelry, vehicles, and clothing. There are five ways to contest a trust in the state of California: Undue influence, mental incompetence, forgery, a defect in the document, and multiple trust documents.

Jan. 20, 2005 - A branch of Britney Brands, Inc. is incorporated as "foreign stock" in the state of California. The signing officer is "Britney Federline, President." The principal executive office is listed as c/o Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, 1880 Century Park East, Suite 1600, Los Angeles, CA. The principal office is listed as 201 Ocean Avenue, #1201 P, Santa Monica, CA, 90402. (Company No. C2724523)

Here's an example of the family tree on Jamie's side:

4399511_fbs.jpg
WWW.MCKNEELYS.COM

A resident of Mt. Hermon, he passed away on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at Riverside Medical Center in Franklinton. He was born November 22, 1949 in Tangipahoa and was 67 years of age. He is survived by his...

me working on a family tree: :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Jan. 20, 2005 - A branch of Britney Brands, Inc. is incorporated as "foreign stock" in the state of California. The signing officer is "Britney Federline, President." The principal executive office is listed as c/o Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, 1880 Century Park East, Suite 1600, Los Angeles, CA. The principal office is listed as 201 Ocean Avenue, #1201 P, Santa Monica, CA, 90402. (Company No. C2724523)

This branch is also still "active."

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block