Britney Spears "has no estate" so what is the deal with Britney Brands?

46 minutes ago, warioaddams said:

I'm still bothered that Michael Kane is still Britney business manager. He was selected by Jamie. He was ay Britney's wedding when Jason Alexander got in and acted like nothing happened.

That’s not even Michael Kane :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mocha latto said:

But, once again, if the company didn't belong to Britney to begin with it does not automatically belong to her now. Again, artists aren't guaranteed ownership over their brand as the performer.

Example being someone like Kim Kardashian. Obviously she is a person, but she has turned herself into a business. She uses herself to make money by wearing brand name clothing she receives for free. Obviously, her personal brand is owned by her or Kris Jenner (I don't really know much about the Kardashians business affairs other than Lou Taylors involvement) so she has control over that.

If Kim Kardashian was out in a conservatorship and Kris Jenner then opened Kim K Brands LLC or whatever, decides "as Kim" to get the trademarks she has put under this company, this wouldn't just go away when the CSHIP ends. Those assets now belong to Hypothetical Kris Jenner. Therefore, Kim will have legal complications when trying to do things like release products, use her social media, sell her merch/games, etc.

32 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

I was curious so I just purchased the BRITNEY BRANDS, INC.Original Documents, Amendments, and Last Annual Report from the Louisiana SEC.

Who tf is "David Spears"?

i think david spears is the uncle britney spoke about in her diane sawyer interview that she left a large sum of her money in his control because she trusted him. 

1 minute ago, mocha latto said:

Example being someone like Kim Kardashian. Obviously she is a person, but she has turned herself into a business. She uses herself to make money by wearing brand name clothing she receives for free. Obviously, her personal brand is owned by her or Kris Jenner (I don't really know much about the Kardashians business affairs other than Lou Taylors involvement) so she has control over that.

If Kim Kardashian was out in a conservatorship and Kris Jenner then opened Kim K Brands LLC or whatever, decides "as Kim" to get the trademarks she has put under this company, this wouldn't just go away when the CSHIP ends. Those assets now belong to Hypothetical Kris Jenner. Therefore, Kim will have legal complications when trying to do things like release products, use her social media, sell her merch/games, etc.

We don't know what Britney Brands is doing as a company behind the scenes nor can I find anything in the court docs that explains this particular companies future. 

What I do know:

-Coloring books are being made and sold through Amazon under license to BB.

-Also under said license, a whole line of Britney Spears Funko POP Figures.

-Also Countless various clothing items.

-Also a Britney Spears Card Game.

-Allegedly the Britney Spears slot machines are still in Vegas & other places (However on my last trip to Vegas I did not see any Britney Spears slot machines and I went into PH looking for one)

-A new perfume from her line has been spotted in stores called Blissful Fantasy, I have seen this in liquidation stores where I'm from and theres a thread here about it. It kind of seems like this was for a new perfume that was not fully pushed forward so they're liquidating all of the perfume. I've gotten a horrible smelling Versace cologne this way for $15. It smelled like Grandpa Pimp.

If this was being "handled" it seems like the production of the products using her trademark would cease production of things they lost the right over. But there was a dramatic increase in things being sold on Amazon licensed to the brand since last year when the C-ship was terminated. 

Only dead celebrities like Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson have ESTATES. Britney had no control legally over her life so they treated her like a dead celeb (horrible but true) and people ran her ESTATE. Now, she's free from the conservatorship so the "Estate" is no longer a thing. It's all just Britney.

Britney Brands is owned by Britney. It went back to her when the conservatorship ended, however she does still need to fire that guy her father put in charge of it. Britney started Britney Brands in 1998 or 1999. It's who did ALL her merch and still does. She owns it, and it's back to her now. However, Jamie appointed someone he wanted to run it before the conservatorship was terminated so hopefully Britney gets rid of him soon.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Onyx1Boss said:

Why does it say "foreign stock" on this page 

https://opencorporates.com/companies?q=Britney+brands&utf8=✓

It’s a weird states law thing…I don’t understand it so can’t explain…but all the corporations that were in corporates in one state and then registered in another state say “foreign stock.” In this case Britney Brands was originally incorporated in Louisiana and registered in Cali…so the Cali documents call it foreign stock.

so I can’t explain why it says foreign stock. But it seems to be normal.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, mocha latto said:

But there was a dramatic increase in things being sold on Amazon licensed to the brand since last year when the C-ship was terminated. 

TBH, my gut says you are right…but we don’t have good enough receipts to prove or disprove the point.

maybe searching through the trademark database will give additional clues. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block