Is There A Reason So Many of You Hate Beyonce?

11 hours ago, Pop Leprosy said:

I am confused? Hasn't Beyonce always been respectful and supportive of Britney through the years?

Why does everyone compare her to every other artist?

It's almost like she is making an impact on the culture or something?

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

IMHO the people hating on Beyoncé are the Pop Culture equivalent of Trump supporters whining about building a wall.

Pop Culture is changing. Many people on BreatheHeavy are simply not the target market for Beyoncé’s music, and those who spew hate are pressed bc they feel entitled to be vanguards and tastemakers of every new cultural moment. So if Beyoncé creates a song that won’t play well at (white) gay bars, but the world still likes the song, some BH folks prefer to make people feel crazy for liking the song to protect their own identity as culturally relevant.

This is yall hating on Beyoncé.

Bad Neighbor Cinema GIF by Nordisk Film - Vi elsker film

• Love 6
  • Like 1

I love beyonce, but i largely find her music a bit overrated. I mostly listen to her non-hits and clear my playlists of all her biggest singles. Also, her stans are annoyingly defensive.  personally, im not a big fan of bey's R&B/slower music (so most of the visual album and Ren.) which makes her rank a little lower for me.

I think everyone should recognize and applaud her performance skills, great discography and cultural impact by being the main person to carry the torch for black women in the past 25+ years. A lot of the Bey hate i see has little/no merit

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Honestly?

Her fans have turned me off from Beyonce for years. I think it's weird any time fans treat an artist like they're a god. Her music/performances don't really captivate me that much, but I can't deny Beyonce is incredibly hard working, beautiful, and talented - she also seems very humble, but I also think she hides behind a mask pretty well (although that might add to her sense of allure?). It's like I can't even critique Beyonce without people coming for me and calling me a hater. Even as a mega die-hard Britney fan, I don't just eat up everything she does. I do criticize her at times.

It's just a personal gripe, though. Nothing against Beyonce herself.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

I personally feel she is over glorified like there is no room for ANY  other amazing Black female artist......it's just old?:straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

:waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what: This isn’t the comment you think it is. 

how is that her problem if people like and respect her? There are so many current black female artists like Rihanna, SZA, H.E.R, and so many more who are popular and receive critical praise. You even saying this is crazy. Do you just not want to see Beyoncé up there and considered a legend? 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

IMHO the people hating on Beyoncé are the Pop Culture equivalent of Trump supporters whining about building a wall.

Pop Culture is changing. Many people on BreatheHeavy are simply not the target market for Beyoncé’s music, and those who spew hate are pressed bc they feel entitled to be vanguards and tastemakers of every new cultural moment. So if Beyoncé creates a song that won’t play well at (white) gay bars, but the world still likes the song, some BH folks prefer to make people feel crazy for liking the song to protect their own identity as culturally relevant.

This is yall hating on Beyoncé.

Bad Neighbor Cinema GIF by Nordisk Film - Vi elsker film

This is why

• Love 4

I have nothing, nothing, nothing against Beyonce the person.

I do think she's incredibly overrated as a performer and artist. I think she gets credit for things that other legendary black women like Aretha, Patti, Tina, Whitney, Mariah and Janet did long before her. I mean, Janet's been singing and dancing since what, like the 70's? Beyonce is not the first to invent singing and dancing at the same time. She's also not the first black woman to incorporate African sounds into her mainstream music, nor is she the first to get political with it. But the GP truly acts like she walks on water. To say nothing of her ANNOYING stans, who can't accept any criticism.

I also have to give her side eye for all of the alleged stolen credits on her music and the recycled dance routines. And I also don't like this projected image of perfection. No one is perfect. Don't act like you are.

People act like every single song she touches turns to gold, but outside of Formation, when was her biggest hit after Single Ladies? Not counting collabs.

And I'll admit this last point is a nitpick, but I don't like how private she is. Makes me feel like she has something to hide. Jay-Z cheats on her? No mention of it anywhere aside from her music. Sanaa Lathan bit her face? We only know about it because Tiffany Haddish can't keep her mouth shut. Poor Rachel Ray gets attacked by the BeyHive thinking she's Becky with the Good Hair? Queen B can't be bothered to issue a public apology and request that the Hive stand down.

I'm sure Beyonce herself is a very nice person. I've quite frankly never heard one way or the other. But I don't like the image she projects and I don't like how the GP and her stans perceive her. It rubs me the wrong way.

Like we joke about Godney this and Godney that. But the BeyHive (and the GP for that matter) seem to genuinely believe in Beysus. And that scares the hell out of me.

P.S. Stream "Alien Superstar" on all platforms. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4

Don't hate her, it's just that IMO she's overrated af and she's always being credited for "innovating" when in reality 95% of what she does is a xerox of what someone's done way before. That's mainly it.

And just to mention another thread I've read here, for instance, Kylie Minogue is centuries ahead of Beyoncé. There's not even a way to simply start comparing them. 

Also, let's not forget that if Aaliyah were still alive, Beyoncé wouldn't have had a chance. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block