Is There A Reason So Many of You Hate Beyonce?

On 8/16/2022 at 6:25 AM, blonderoman27 said:

I like her music for the most part, it's really her as a person that doesn't sit right. I have no receipts for this, just personal opinion without pitting her up against any other artist. 

yeah something seems off. i have a good sense for people and with her... I dont know... .

and besides her stealing, payola, lack of hits since 2009 and militaristic performances/choreos - it comes down to one big factor:::: her dreadful, bigot, stupid, bossy, ghetto, uneducated a hole FAN. Just like with the FANCIRCLES of Taylor Swift and Gaga (more in the past) ...

23 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

This is a very weak argument with hardly any structure or base. Not to mention, Bey’s “Queen B” aesthetic happened long before, what kind of silly argument is this, Britton? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: Keep in mind, there was a major seismic shift in pop culture, social media, politics and music between 2015-16. It wasn’t just Beyoncé. Many major acts steered over to more serious global and cultural issues in a rapidly-changing society. Minimalism became huge. The #MeToo movement. The chaos amidst Trump’s presidency. The #BLM movement and so forth. Also, Rihanna was never seen or deemed herself as a political artist. I find it utterly cackling that you are suggesting Beyonce’s image was drawn from Rihanna when she was already embracing that aesthetic long before Rihanna became the global superstar she had become. I really can’t at this logic. 💀 @Mr. Cavill @Midnight come read this. 💀💀

Hide contents

Britton — I am truly disappointed in you at this utter delusion. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Well I can say that Rihanna/Bey copied Mariah since Mariah started seeing herself as a goddess since the early 00s as well. 

Also, Beyonce's been known as Queen B well before 2010. During her Beyonce experience concert from 2007, she wore the bee outfit. My point is, her image has been in the making for years. 

But I really don't want to make this about who did it first. My point is that they're all in their lanes doing their thing and of course since they're one of the best artists out there, they become trend setters and influence each other. 

• Love 1

I honestly don’t know. They don’t personally know her, so to just display such disdain for a human being is ridiculous. Don’t like her music. Okay but to throw such negativity her way is the very feel that drives her. Renaissance is a fun and full package. This the first time she has credited all artist who worked on the album and the samples she used. The whole Kelis thing really is Pharrell’s fault. I’ve tried to not listen to her because of all the drama but I can’t get enough. Just keep her name out your mouth and music out of your library. The whole “I like her music but not her” is like underlying racism alongside pure ignorance. Just don’t listen. Leave her alone. But it’s the people who dislike her that she be throwing shade at all the time and they don’t realize it. It’s kinda hilarious.:begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

Maybe is not "hate" the word more like "unlikeable", but i have some reasons:

- Never understand that thing of need to be a leader singer in a group, if is a group, all the members have the right to be equal, also ****** actitud in that era. Destiny's Fulfilled era was like "oh i have a solo succesful but im in the group because im good person" image washing.

- The relationship with Jay Z, already leaving the infidelities aside (that's the least important), how he treats her for Solange do the hit him thing?, toxic relationship and they are only together by the power of "iconic powerful couple".

- Too much ambitious, perfectionist and artificial in a bad way, and not saying in the artisty thing. My feeling is that she is false person.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I used to find her too woke as well, but if you think about it, there's nothing woke about wanting to connect the dots with regard to your ancestry, especially when it was ripped away from you. Moreover, it's simply a fact that the past is still impacting the lives of present-day black people. If it weren't for artists like her, people like me wouldn't even be aware of how seemingly universal experiences (such as infidelity) are still being fueled by the past. Art doesn't have to be relatable to be illuminating. Also, she's been in the biz for like 25 years. At some point, making radio hits stops being fulfilling.

• Love 4

Don't hate her at all, her attitude and her music is obviously very empowering to black women and LGBTQ+ community, which is worth celebrating. 

In my personal opinion the woman is a machine, both in a positive and negative way in the sense that she works and performs super hard and her level of detail and content is amazing, but also in the sense that it all feels a bit corporate and calculated.

38 minutes ago, Arthurfleck said:

But he was convicted for STABBING a person and used to sell crack! According to Britney, he also smokes w**d like there’s no tomorrow.

How does smoking w**d make someone a thug? A thug is someone who is violent, by definition. W**d has the opposite effect. I would say alcohol is a **** which makes people violent, so people who drink a lot should be called thugs by that logic.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I don't hate Beyonce as an artist or as a human. I hate the reception she gets by the public and media.

Beyonce gets praised to heaven for the most basic things which I really can't stand. It also happens the other way around: nobody seems to care her own dad is on the board of the Grammy's. Imagine if this was about Britney. Both media and people would slam her as being privileged. But somehow for Beyonce it's okay. Stealing from other artists? Considered okay for Beyonce. 24 writers on 1 song? She gets defended. I mean...it's her choice to be uncreative and I don't respect her choice but whatever keeps her boat going but both media and the public praising this, gets me so frustrated.

Not a single artist in the world could pull off what Beyonce does and get away with it like she can. Which isn't Beyonce's fault but the people's fault.

I just personally feel people have dubble standards with Beyonce vs. Any other artist and that's what I absolutely hate.

Is she a great woman nonetheless? Sure! She has done amazing things and created history but she simply also can be uncreative.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

There was a literal thread a few weeks ago on here that labeled Beyoncé as loud, aggressive and noisy aka problematic terms that have been used to describe black women and Jordan literally co-signed by allowing it to be featured. @Future Nostalgia , it was truly sickening. There was also another questionable thread with some very questionable posts on here where a few exhalers had the nerve to discredit black producers solely for sampling music, as if sampling isn’t a common niche in music. Also, anyone who is aware of sampling and its history knows that one of its main influences were from broke hip-hop producers which is solely dominated by black people. Sure, not everyone is racist but a lot of exhalers may subconsciously be anti-black. I can guarantee you the majority on here cannot think beyond their scope of flamboyant and dance/electro-pop music with heavy synths. And what we’re not going to do is sit here and attack a certified legend like Beyoncé who has proven, time and time again, that she is in fact one of the greatest artists of our time with a showmanship and craft like no other.

Generally people idolise who they relate to, if it's a bunch of white people they're going to gravitate to white artists and vice versa, Latino artists are biggest in Latin America countries. It's not really racist, just human nature. I like alot of black artists but I don't go in rnb or hip hop forums. I saw the formation tour live and it was my favourite concert even though she isn't my favourite artist but I appreciate what she does. 

42 minutes ago, mean little lips said:

Generally people idolise who they relate to, if it's a bunch of white people they're going to gravitate to white artists and vice versa, Latino artists are biggest in Latin America countries. It's not really racist, just human nature. I like alot of black artists but I don't go in rnb or hip hop forums. I saw the formation tour live and it was my favourite concert even though she isn't my favourite artist but I appreciate what she does. 

America isn’t a white country though, the point is that we need to get rid of this kind of “x gravitate to x” thinking because in reality if that were the only truth, so many white ppl here would be able to praise Britney without having to call Beyoncé “aggressive” “loud”, or Jay Z a “thug”. The fact people here even thought Eminem was the “face of hip hop” last week says enough. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I don't hate Beyonce as an artist or as a human. I hate the reception she gets by the public and media.

Beyonce gets praised to heaven for the most basic things which I really can't stand. It also happens the other way around: nobody seems to care her own dad is on the board of the Grammy's. Imagine if this was about Britney. Both media and people would slam her as being privileged. But somehow for Beyonce it's okay. Stealing from other artists? Considered okay for Beyonce. 24 writers on 1 song? She gets defended. I mean...it's her choice to be uncreative and I don't respect her choice but whatever keeps her boat going but both media and the public praising this, gets me so frustrated.

Not a single artist in the world could pull off what Beyonce does and get away with it like she can. Which isn't Beyonce's fault but the people's fault.

I just personally feel people have dubble standards with Beyonce vs. Any other artist and that's what I absolutely hate.

Is she a great woman nonetheless? Sure! She has done amazing things and created history but she simply also can be uncreative.

preach christina aguilera GIF

• Love 2

Hate is a very strong word. With that said I used to like her. The first two albums from her were amazing. 

Her personality or lack of is what does it for me. She’s a shell of her former self.
I always feel so many other black artists could have been huge but anyone that got in her way they were shut out. 

She does put on an amazing show and her production is always flawless. I also give her credit because she’s a late 90s artist who is still killing it in 2022. She’s just not my type of music anymore. 

4 hours ago, descg said:

Never understand that thing of need to be a leader singer in a group, if is a group, all the members have the right to be equal, also ****** actitud in that era. Destiny's Fulfilled era was like "oh i have a solo succesful but im in the group because im good person" image washing.

She was the lead singer because her dad managed the group. It was part of his masterplan to make her into the superstar she is today.

17 minutes ago, Isla said:

She was the lead singer because her dad managed the group. It was part of his masterplan to make her into the superstar she is today.

I know, more worst and hard for the other members so more in my point. 

You thing that Kelly was happy in the group? And is her cousin...  That not say something very good about person. 

She could be a solo artist since the Independent Woman era, but maybe was so obsessed with no lost the fame that she continous as a group by fear. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block