Is There A Reason So Many of You Hate Beyonce?

13 minutes ago, descg said:

I know, more worst and hard for the other members so more in my point. 

You thing that Kelly was happy in the group? And is her cousin...  That not say something very good about person. 

She could be a solo artist since the Independent Woman era, but maybe was so obsessed with no lost the fame that she continous as a group by fear. 

Yeah maybe, I mean look what happened to LeToya and LaTavia. I always thought Kelly was fine though. LeToya and LaTavia felt they were sidelined in favour of both Beyonce and Kelly.

1 minute ago, Isla said:

Yeah maybe, I mean look what happened to LeToya and LaTavia. I always thought Kelly was fine though. LeToya and LaTavia felt they were sidelined in favour of both Beyonce and Kelly.

They 100% were sidelined and no one can deny that Beyonce was shady towards them when she was a teenager. She’s grown up and I feel her talent speaks for itself. The reason her music does better than the other girls today is of course, in part because she was the lead singer and management favoured her as they were her family. But we always forget she also was the lead because she had and has the strongest vocals out of all of them. A larger range and better dancing overall. Her music did better than anyone’s because it’s simply better than the other members of destiny’s child, I believe 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Future Nostalgia said:

They 100% were sidelined and no one can deny that Beyonce was shady towards them when she was a teenager. She’s grown up and I feel her talent speaks for itself. The reason her music does better than the other girls today is of course, in part because she was the lead singer and management favoured her as they were her family. But we always forget she also was the lead because she had and has the strongest vocals out of all of them. A larger range and better dancing overall. Her music did better than anyone’s because it’s simply better than the other members of destiny’s child, I believe 

Very fair points, Beyonce definitely had the best voice. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Future Nostalgia said:

tea

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Future Nostalgia said:

America isn’t a white country though, the point is that we need to get rid of this kind of “x gravitate to x” thinking because in reality if that were the only truth, so many white ppl here would be able to praise Britney without having to call Beyoncé “aggressive” “loud”, or Jay Z a “thug”. The fact people here even thought Eminem was the “face of hip hop” last week says enough. 

America is 60% white but I'm talking about this board which is a Britney spears forum. I don't think beyonce is agressive or loud, she channels her anger for music sometimes  but she seems like chilled person usually. Didn't Jay z used to be in a gang? Maybe people see him that way because that's how rap used to identify. I doubt they think will Smith or Morgan freeman are thugs.  You can't expect people to be knowledgeable about topics they aren't Interested in ie different genres. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Future Nostalgia said:

I think it's also because she had better producers and promotion. She also does pop and other genres, so it's another factor.

I think taste is subjective and they all had talent at the end of the day. 

On 8/17/2022 at 1:28 AM, Lolai said:

Some Britney fans hate Beyonce because she and Brit are the same generation pop-stars, and Beyonce has now surpassed her in iconism and longevity.

Beyonce is still relevant, hard working, professional, delivers great visuals and performs well.

And of course quite a bit of gross racism from some of ya’ll.

It is not easy being a Britney fan always, but being jealous and racist is never cool.

you wish...

On 8/17/2022 at 1:08 AM, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

1. That thread was quite contrary of what you thought and not seen as a joke. It was also co-signed by Jordan himself when he decided to main-page it as well. The user was dead serious but congrats for deluding yourself? 
2. And well yes. There is a reason for that. Ain’t no one outside of flamboyant gays trying to listen to Kylie. Yes, she has some nice pop songs (Red Blooded Women being one of the greatest pop songs of all time), but to argue and say she’s better than Beyoncé makes one look like an absolute jester. It’s the same way Anastacia never made it big in the States. There is no market for artists like them in the world’s biggest music market because 1). We are oversaturated with so many great and diverse artists that we don’t need anymore disposable acts. 2). Flamboyant music generally doesn’t do well in the States, especially one where the market is diverse and filled with a myriad of genres.

bla bla bla.

seems you have found your purpose of life...

On 8/16/2022 at 7:16 PM, RebellionSparkles said:

IMHO the people hating on Beyoncé are the Pop Culture equivalent of Trump supporters whining about building a wall.

Pop Culture is changing. Many people on BreatheHeavy are simply not the target market for Beyoncé’s music, and those who spew hate are pressed bc they feel entitled to be vanguards and tastemakers of every new cultural moment. So if Beyoncé creates a song that won’t play well at (white) gay bars, but the world still likes the song, some BH folks prefer to make people feel crazy for liking the song to protect their own identity as culturally relevant.

This is yall hating on Beyoncé.

Bad Neighbor Cinema GIF by Nordisk Film - Vi elsker film

even the arguments for bey are overrated and given the illusion of high cultural significance

On 8/16/2022 at 5:16 PM, cubasterd said:

She is a gatekeeper for pop/R&B black female artists. Because of this, I don't compare her to anyone. 'Beyonce' has monopolized the market of black females in the mainstream music industry for a very long time.It doesn't matter if Beyonces music is good or bad because she has made it so that she is the only real contender in her demographic. Some people applaud her for gaining so much power in the industry, and I would too if she didn't abuse her position.  At this point, Beyonce is just a rich music industry CEO who holds other artist back, specifically black female artist, just so she can promote herself as a queen. Its sorta disgusting and I guess thats why I don't enjoy her performances even though she is very talented.

Its not jealously or envy. I don't want to be in her position and I wouldn't want my favorite artist to do what she is doing either.

you are talking about tina turner

On 8/16/2022 at 8:16 AM, cubasterd said:

She is a gatekeeper for pop/R&B black female artists. Because of this, I don't compare her to anyone. 'Beyonce' has monopolized the market of black females in the mainstream music industry for a very long time.It doesn't matter if Beyonces music is good or bad because she has made it so that she is the only real contender in her demographic. Some people applaud her for gaining so much power in the industry, and I would too if she didn't abuse her position.  At this point, Beyonce is just a rich music industry CEO who holds other artist back, specifically black female artist, just so she can promote herself as a queen. Its sorta disgusting and I guess thats why I don't enjoy her performances even though she is very talented.

Its not jealously or envy. I don't want to be in her position and I wouldn't want my favorite artist to do what she is doing either.

… You do realize Rihanna exists right? And is HUGE right? She hasn’t made new music in a long time but Beyoncé is NOT the only black female pop queen. Also Janet Jackson… what are you talking about??? This is just grasping at straws and delusion to hate on someone. Seriously.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block