Is There A Reason So Many of You Hate Beyonce?

5 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: 

Weellp and there you have it folks :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

As I mentioned, there's a whole thread about Kylie being better than Beyoncé.
But you probably don't know who Kylie is :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Some Exhale users really do have bad taste and you illustrate it very well.
Also, I reported your post above for implying that EVERYBODY in here is racist. Speak for yourself, boo.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vttmishere said:

I reported your post above for implying that EVERYBODY in here is racist.

Racism is a systemic societal problem, not an individual problem. So everyone is at least a little bit racist bc society has taught us some people are less worthy than others due to skin melanin. 

Fear mongering and finger pointing about “a few bad eggs” causing racism is counterproductive to achieving equality.

- Presumptuous

- Arrogant

- Brings her own Champagne to awards shows, so she’s also a tacky *** ***** despite all the money

- Won countless of undeserved Grammys, which raises suspicions…

- Manically idolised and worshipped by media as to brainwash people into thinking she’s some sort of goddess or something

- Her music is nothing special in my opinion

- Forced all media to remove pictures and memes of her Superbowl Halftime Show, so she must be a bit of a C…

- Her few PR appearances and interviews are so impersonal without showing any spontaneity/genuinity in anything she does/says, so you can imagine she isn’t exactly the most down to earth/humble ***** in the biz

• Love 1
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, etherealcat said:

i don't hate her but the fact that anything she does is immediately labelled as iconic is quite annoying 

This. She could release a video of herself taking a **** and the Hive and MSM would use mental gymnastics to find some deeper meaning behind it, i.e. that it's a "feminist statement" or "Black excellence". And if you were to criticize her for that, you'd be labeled as a misogynist and/or a racist. I'm not even kidding. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, vttmishere said:

As I mentioned, there's a whole thread about Kylie being better than Beyoncé.
But you probably don't know who Kylie is :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Some Exhale users really do have bad taste and you illustrate it very well.
Also, I reported your post above for implying that EVERYBODY in here is racist. Speak for yourself, boo.

A whole thread made by a delusional Exhaler who thinks that Kylie is better because she used the horse aesthetic before Beyoncé? :orangu_orangutan_ape: On no planet is Kylie better than Beyoncé unless you’re a white gay pushing 40 who lives in the UK. Look, I love me a few Kylie bops but she is one of the most disposable pop acts ever. She couldn’t even manage to make it big beyond one era in the world’s biggest and most diverse music market. How embarrassing. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Also, wasn’t there a thread made just a few weeks ago where an Exhaler labeled Beyonce as loud and aggressive aka derogatory terms used to describe black women for centuries? Obviously — not everyone is a racist here but there are many posts bashing Beyoncé, or black artists and hip-hop/Afro beats for that matter, which are quite suggestive. Anyway, I’ll let you figure this one out on your own since you seem very dense about all this.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

A whole thread made by a delusional Exhaler who thinks that Kylie is better because she used the horse aesthetic before Beyoncé? :orangu_orangutan_ape: On no planet is Kylie better than Beyoncé unless you’re a white gay pushing 40 who lives in the UK. Look, I love me a few Kylie bops but she is one of the most disposable pop acts ever. She couldn’t even manage to make it big beyond one era in the world’s biggest and most diverse music market. How embarrassing. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Also, wasn’t there a thread made just a few weeks ago where an Exhaler labeled Beyonce as loud and aggressive aka derogatory terms used to describe black women for centuries? Obviously — not everyone is a racist here but there are many posts bashing Beyoncé, or black artists and hip-hop/Afro beats for that matter, which are quite suggestive. Anyway, I’ll let you figure this one out on your own since you seem very dense about all this.

Fr facts 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

I dont hate her,

I just think she's EXTREMELY OVERRATED!

There are PLENTY of women who can sing way better than her but they arent as famous.

Also the way people treat her like a God is really a turn off especially since she accepts it.

And I also dont like how her fans BULLY Britney fans just cause Britney isnt the latest hot popstar on the charts like she used to be.

Im just saying my opinion btw, I really dont want to start a fight with anyone on here.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, mean little lips said:

That's a bit of a generalisation, are people on here actually racist? Not liking Beyonce doesn't make someone racist... 

There was a literal thread a few weeks ago on here that labeled Beyoncé as loud, aggressive and noisy aka problematic terms that have been used to describe black women and Jordan literally co-signed by allowing it to be featured. @Future Nostalgia , it was truly sickening. There was also another questionable thread with some very questionable posts on here where a few exhalers had the nerve to discredit black producers solely for sampling music, as if sampling isn’t a common niche in music. Also, anyone who is aware of sampling and its history knows that one of its main influences were from broke hip-hop producers which is solely dominated by black people. Sure, not everyone is racist but a lot of exhalers may subconsciously be anti-black. I can guarantee you the majority on here cannot think beyond their scope of flamboyant and dance/electro-pop music with heavy synths. And what we’re not going to do is sit here and attack a certified legend like Beyoncé who has proven, time and time again, that she is in fact one of the greatest artists of our time with a showmanship and craft like no other.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

A whole thread made by a delusional Exhaler who thinks that Kylie is better because she used the horse aesthetic before Beyoncé? :orangu_orangutan_ape: She couldn’t even manage to make it big beyond one era in the world’s biggest and most diverse music market. How embarrassing. :orangu_orangutan_ape: \

1. That thread was a joke. 

2. It is not embarrassing that Kylie only had two big hits in the US (in two different eras). Her music does not stylistically fit into the US music landscape beyond the gay/club scene. She was never going to be a big star in the States even if they increased her marketing budget by 300%. This is similar to the British singer Mika, who was actually born a US citizen. His music also was never cut out for mainstream US success, but was a stylistic fit for Europe, Australia, and Canada. 

• Love 1

I hate her fan base. They are disgusting and vile immature creatures and Beyoncé does nothing about. She never shuts them down when they go to far and bully innocent people. The whole Becky with the good hair thing had the beehive coming for a few girls and Beyoncé just let the drama happen. Everyone’s like Beyoncé stays out of drama but she is the drama…also why does one song need 25 writers? 

She’s a human I can’t stand how the beyhive treats her like she’s a god.

see that’s what I like about Britney she’s relatable and HUMAN. She makes mistakes and owns up to it! She’s goofy and loveable but also I hard worker who was serious about her craft.  

also the barmy never try’s to force anyone to accept Godney and The Holy Spearit as their lord and savior we’re just still gonna talkyour ear off about her still tho lol

The beyhive is always trying to force everyone to be a Beyoncé fan.

**** the beyhive is so toxic that I literally saw them today trashing Beyoncés choreographer because they thought she was some random chick trying to show up Beyoncé….

it says a lot about Beyoncé that these are the kind of people she wants support her

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

1. That thread was a joke. 

2. It is not embarrassing that Kylie only had two big hits in the US (in two different eras). Her music does not stylistically fit into the US music landscape beyond the gay/club scene. She was never going to be a big star in the States even if they increased her marketing budget by 300%. This is similar to the British singer Mika, who was actually born a US citizen. His music also was never cut out for mainstream US success, but was a stylistic fit for Europe, Australia, and Canada. 

1. That thread was quite contrary of what you thought and not seen as a joke. It was also co-signed by Jordan himself when he decided to main-page it as well. The user was dead serious but congrats for deluding yourself? 
2. And well yes. There is a reason for that. Ain’t no one outside of flamboyant gays trying to listen to Kylie. Yes, she has some nice pop songs (Red Blooded Women being one of the greatest pop songs of all time), but to argue and say she’s better than Beyoncé makes one look like an absolute jester. It’s the same way Anastacia never made it big in the States. There is no market for artists like them in the world’s biggest music market because 1). We are oversaturated with so many great and diverse artists that we don’t need anymore disposable acts. 2). Flamboyant music generally doesn’t do well in the States, especially one where the market is diverse and filled with a myriad of genres.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, cubasterd said:

She is a gatekeeper for pop/R&B black female artists. Because of this, I don't compare her to anyone. 'Beyonce' has monopolized the market of black females in the mainstream music industry for a very long time.It doesn't matter if Beyonces music is good or bad because she has made it so that she is the only real contender in her demographic. Some people applaud her for gaining so much power in the industry, and I would too if she didn't abuse her position.  At this point, Beyonce is just a rich music industry CEO who holds other artist back, specifically black female artist, just so she can promote herself as a queen. Its sorta disgusting and I guess thats why I don't enjoy her performances even though she is very talented.

Its not jealously or envy. I don't want to be in her position and I wouldn't want my favorite artist to do what she is doing either.

Agreed Beyoncé actually been sabotaging and stealing other black female sings sound she since her debut. I recently saw this video on how she completely stole Amerie’s sound and producers for her first 2 albums. 

you probably heard this song before and thought It was Beyoncé. No This song came out before crazy in love and Beyoncé liked it so much she wanted for herself and paid the producers to have it. Ultimately sabatoing a fellow female black singer during the start of her career when Beyoncé was already established in the industry with Dc. Smh 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

1. That thread was quite contrary of what you thought and not seen as a joke. ...The user was dead serious but congrats for deluding yourself? 
2. And well yes. There is a reason for that. Ain’t no one outside of flamboyant gays trying to listen to Kylie. Yes, she has some nice pop songs (Red Blooded Women being one of the greatest pop songs of all time), but to argue and say she’s better than Beyoncé makes one look like an absolute jester. It’s the same way Anastacia never made it big in the States. There is no market for artists like them in the world’s biggest music market because 1). We are oversaturated with so many great and diverse artists that we don’t need anymore disposable acts. 2). Flamboyant music generally doesn’t do well in the States, especially one where the market is diverse and filled with a myriad of genres.

I was not deluding myself. I'm not convinced it's entirely serious even if it was in part. The OP said, "Kylie is the absolute best singer who is currently on this Earth." I've never met a bigger Kylie fan than me and I would never say something crazy like that. Kylie is a quality pop vocalist...it's not like she's a Celine or Whitney. 

Anastacia is another great example of someone who is successful despite having almost no success in the US. I think your use of the word 'flamboyant' is good. There are some artists where it's just obvious that it won't work in the US. When I heard Ava Max's stuff after 'Sweet But Psycho,' I immediately thought, "This isn't going to work in the US, but it could in Europe."  

Anyway, I don't like Beyoncé, and I'm getting sick of people trash talking her. I'm not sure why others who don't like Beyoncé don't just ignore her like I do. One of the great things about art is that there's something for everyone, so why are people spending time fixating on the things that aren't for them? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Honestly she's really talented but what I don't like about her is that her persona seems fake, the fact that she takes credit for songs she didn't write between other things, and her toxic fandom as well.

Many journeys of artists connect to her in a shady way. If we begin to talk about all that happened within Destiny's child and how the other members were treated...

Overall I also think that some people here seem to praise her and just hate on Britney, I just wonder why you're still in this forum. We can like different kinds of artists without putting the others down and if you're in a forum dedicated to a specific star, you're supposed to appreciate them 🤔

1 minute ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I was not deluding myself. I'm not convinced it's entirely serious even if it was in part. The OP said, "Kylie is the absolute best singer who is currently on this Earth." I've never met a bigger Kylie fan than me and I would never say something crazy like that. Kylie is a quality pop vocalist...it's not like she's a Celine or Whitney. 

Anastacia is another great example of someone who is successful despite having almost no success in the US. I think your use of the word 'flamboyant' is good. There are some artists where it's just obvious that it won't work in the US. When I heard Ava Max's stuff after 'Sweet But Psycho,' I immediately thought, "This isn't going to work in the US, but it could in Europe."  

Anyway, I don't like Beyoncé, and I'm getting sick of people trash talking her. I'm not sure why others who don't like Beyoncé don't just ignore her like I do. One of the great things about art is that there's something for everyone, so why are people spending time fixating on the things that aren't for them? 

I think you’re referring to a different thread. The thread I’m talking about is this which eventually got locked:

Also, both users were in fact serious with their OP. Anyway, point is — many should expand their musical horizons. I’ve seen a lot of ‘urban’ or ‘black-oriented’ music/artists on here be constantly shamed and criticized which is ultimately a result of cognitive bias. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block