Is There A Reason So Many of You Hate Beyonce?

I don't dislike her but she is dishonest with her artistry.  I think she's beautiful, talented, very hardworking, and seems like a nice person. Still, I don't like a lot of her music and I don't find her performances all that interesting. I prefer her music that sounds more pop and less R&B like "Countdown", 7/11, Who runs the world(girls), Ring the Alarm. Beyonce albums have a lot of filler R&B sounding tracks mixed in with her pop-hiphop singles. I've yet love any of her albums because I end up being bored with the bland R&B fillers.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Yasux34 said:

I personally feel she is over glorified like there is no room for ANY  other amazing Black female artist......it's just old?:straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

She is a gatekeeper for pop/R&B black female artists. Because of this, I don't compare her to anyone. 'Beyonce' has monopolized the market of black females in the mainstream music industry for a very long time.It doesn't matter if Beyonces music is good or bad because she has made it so that she is the only real contender in her demographic. Some people applaud her for gaining so much power in the industry, and I would too if she didn't abuse her position.  At this point, Beyonce is just a rich music industry CEO who holds other artist back, specifically black female artist, just so she can promote herself as a queen. Its sorta disgusting and I guess thats why I don't enjoy her performances even though she is very talented.

Its not jealously or envy. I don't want to be in her position and I wouldn't want my favorite artist to do what she is doing either.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, cubasterd said:

She is a gatekeeper for pop/R&B black female artists. Because of this, I don't compare her to anyone. 'Beyonce' has monopolized the market of black females in the mainstream music industry for a very long time.It doesn't matter if Beyonces music is good or bad because she has made it so that she is the only real contender in her demographic. Some people applaud her for gaining so much power in the industry, and I would too if she didn't abuse her position.  At this point, Beyonce is just a rich music industry CEO who holds other artist back, specifically black female artist, just so she can promote herself as a queen. Its sorta disgusting and I guess thats why I don't enjoy her performances even though she is very talented.

Its not jealously or envy. I don't want to be in her position and I wouldn't want my favorite artist to do what she is doing either.

Thats like saying Britney was gate keeping what a female pop star is, and holding back other female pop stars. Britney was the definition of a female pop star, and everyone at the time was forced to be a clone of her. 

Beyonce clearly wants to be the untouchable Queen thats above everyone, and people view her that way. She doesnt compete with any other black female artist, and nobody compared her to anyone. So I dont think anyone was being heald back, unless you are talking about her early days like Britney's early days. Normani was praised for being the next Beyonce, but has failed to live up to that.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, agustinmalandra said:

original.gif

As a Britney fan, as a person and as a grown up in my 30s i CAN NOT understand the hate some throw at her... even at any peer female artist in particular - Gaga, Madonna, etc. But when it comes to Beyoncé it's x100 the shade and its disgusting to read some comments.

It’s not hate I guess, it’s frustrating! Beyoncé is good but she is being portrayed as greatest which she. Is not…

grammy continue to favor Beyoncé over any other artist, get annoying after a point! I love her though it’s just I read online

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Pop Leprosy said:

I am confused? Hasn't Beyonce always been respectful and supportive of Britney through the years?

Why would that endear me to her when there are tons of sketchy things about her unrelated to her support of Brit? Like her constant legal issues surrounding stolen writing credits and stolen samples? Or her boring personality off-stage? Or her stanbase that basically doubles as a cult? Or the fact that her music nowadays is pretentious bull****? I could go on. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

I Think she deserve what she got and all the Success that she got because she builded, right now she fullfill stadiums (i got receipts, i see her 3 times in 3 dif cities, in 3 diff tours)

and then beyonce were scalling from theatres, opening acts, arenas and now stadiums so SHE DESERVES WHAT SHE GOT

• Love 4

I don’t hate her, I even like a good portion of her music, but I find her personality to be grating.  I think she tries too hard and I don’t even know if we’ve even seen who the real Beyoncé is yet.

Even the Renaissance album seems to be her trying to become this new LGTBQ+ icon, but I don’t know that she has even acknowledged anything like this before.  I just find it hard to believe that she enjoys some of the last few albums she has made.

I just think she lacks personality and identity.  She used to be fun during the DIL and B’Day eras and after that it’s just been…blah.  Have some fun…smile a little…idk.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block