Why does multi-talented legend of music and 28-time GRAMMY Award winner, Beyoncé, who can TRULY do it all get Britney fans so pressed?

On 7/27/2022 at 9:11 PM, Yasux34 said:

I believe they would be where they are today but I also agree with everything you just said 110%

Agreed. There's room for all three ladies to shine, it's not like if Britney had been in control the other 2 couldn't still have amazing careers. I don't get why people want to pit them against each other, all three of them have always supported each other and praised each other. 

I used to be one of those fans. Growing up I loved Britney, Xtina, and Beyonce. Then at some point Beyonce became the one who was taken "seriously" and overhyped. Plus, her choices as an artist did not match my taste anymore. I was so exited to get 4 I bought it the day it came out, a physical CD, in stores. But that was when it started to change for me, I just didn't like the music as much anymore, and when I just wasn't into the music and everyone was hyping her up and tearing Britney down I was very pressed. At this point, it just seems silly, I think Beyonce is overrated to an extent, but I acknowledge she's super talented and a lot of people connect with her music, even if I don't connect with it anymore. But I feel like to try to compare Britney and Beyonce at this point doesn't make sense. Beyonce had freedom and was able to grow and truly take her art in a totally opposite direction. Britney was controlled for 13 years, and the team behind her wanted her to just keep doing the same thing. I think we all know Britney has wanted to do something besides dance bangers for years, but Larry and whoever else thought, this is what works this is what people want from you, you can't do rock, you can't stand there and sing a song, you need to dance! So I get why people are pressed, and I know people compare them because they were pretty much the 2  biggest female artists of the 2000s, but once the conservatorship happened they were on completely different trajectories. It's a shame Britney was controlled for all of her 30s, I think if you look at people like Madonna, Janet, Mariah, etc some of their best work was in that age range. But you never know, hopefully Britney can be even better in her 40s if she wants!

• Love 2

I don't understand why you always have to compare female singers.  There is no need to deny that she is very talented and has a smart team that knows how to market her properly.  I personally don't like her music and everyone has their own taste.. 

Spoiler

There is no telling where Britney's career would be today if it weren't for all the drama in her life...

11 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I was surprised to learn today that this is only her 7th studio album and that her last album was 6 years ago bc it feels like she is everywhere all the time.

She had the album with jay z that flopped and also the 2 lion king soundstracks that flopped. It has not been 6 years since she had an album. Her fans are just trying to cover up the flops. 

• Love 1

Imo they're so different artists and shouldn't be compared just like everybody else. I guess this is a problem within the US fanbase. In Brazil almost everybody loves both or at least don't disrespect any of them.

What makes a human being uncomfortable is the projection into another person. As Beyoncé is very successful, in ways unfortunately Britney couldn't achieve in a bunch of areas like grammys, singing live, movie carrier, business like Beyoncé did, some of Britney fans feels like the artist they love isn't the best, and this world is all about competition and comparison, sadly.

I love both of them equaly.

Just to add something: if Beyoncé didn't take action, her father would do the same what Jamie did to Britney, but happily she got apart from that situation. Such a shame what happened to Britney, but she left the wrong people enter her life and after that we know what happened. She learned from the hardest way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 12:06 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Let’s talk about how both Gaga and Beyoncé were both free women their entire careers who both got to decide their career trajectory without oppressors. No one wants to talk about that huh? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: If Britney controlled her career you best believe those two would not be where they’re at today. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

I mean... I think Beyoncé would still be at the top of the game (I don't like her, but props are due where props are due) and I definitely think Gaga would still be killing it at the cinema ("Father, Son and House of Gucci" is such an iconic line), but make no mistake. If Britney had been free all these years, she'd definitely be higher up than them for SURE.

• Love 1
On 7/28/2022 at 1:50 PM, dritney said:

Because Beyoncé has all the success in the world and just a fraction of the impact, iconic moments, *global* fame, and celebrity Britney has.

Why are YOU so pissed at Britney fans?

Let me not bring up that viral Reddit thread where all music fans (not just Britney’s) were complaining about how overrated Beyoncé is.

Beyoncé has more Grammys than Madonna, Whitney, Mariah, and Celine combined… and y’all think she’s not overrated? LOL.

Grammy is decided by bunch of old white men, it’s credibility has been challenged for decades..Taylor Swift and Beyoncé are their go to people ..

12 hours ago, Heyah said:

Because her latest music sucks, and she wore fur and continued to support the fur industry despite public outrage.

Not everything is connected to Britney. A Britney fan can like multiple artists.

I personally prefer Rihanna’s music over Beyoncé’s music. 

:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Are you sure it's not fake fur?

• 5 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block