POP EMERGENCY: Britney joins Elton John on a duet of "Tiny Dancer" (out in August)

This will be a nice 'soft' launch for her and is very low risk. It is not like it is her lead, but it's a nice way of slowly re-introducing her to the scene.

It's not her single, she can just record her bit and dip, no promo expected.

Cold Heart went to Number 1 in the UK, hopefully this can do the same.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This will be a nice 'soft' launch for her and is very low risk. It is not like it is her lead, but it's a nice way of slowly re-introducing her to the scene.

It's not her single, she can just record her bit and dip, no promo expected.

Cold Heart went to Number 1 in the UK, hopefully this can do the same.

Cold Heart was everywhere. I wish :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

I really hope this song at least reaches top 10 in most markets BUT what i really care about... this is Britney's first single in SIX YEARS. This is wild, we never waited this long before. I'm so excited. 

And if we take into consideration that Britney never had the final word on any of her conversatorship years, this would be her first project since Blackout, even if it's just a feature, it was HER decision! No one else's. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:

I really hope this song at least reaches top 10 in most markets BUT what i really care about... this is Britney's first single in SIX YEARS. This is wild, we never waited this long before. I'm so excited. 

And if we take into consideration that Britney never had the final word on any of her conversatorship years, this would be her first project since Blackout, even if it's just a feature, it was HER decision! No one else's. 

A bit of correction tho, she did have her say on Tom’s Diner in 2015:

And Glory basically her baby with Karen Kwak letting Britney do what she wants.

But this is indeed an exciting time for Britney’s army. We all know how good she is when she’s in control. 

• Love 1

I hope it is a hit, but Cold Heart was an anomaly. Dua was the latest "It girl" and she carried the streams. Britney has lots of press for her personal life, but her streams are nowhere near the current artists' levels. She hasn't the fanbase to make a song a hit by just us streaming it.

Plus, Top 40 radio caters to teens and early 20s demo. Britney is almost 41 and not their generation. They know her for Toxic, Oops, Baby and whatever song trends on Tiktok for the moment. They categorize her as having catchy songs, but don't see her as relevant. Radio might give it a chance, but I think it will be an uphill battle. I hope I turn out wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Queen of releasing a duet every 10 years:

• 2002: Boys (ft. Pharrell)
  • 2012: Scream & Shout (with will.i.am)
  • 2022: Tiny Dancer 

:bsass_britney_boys_nod: 

btw this year marks the 50th anniversary of Tiny Dancer, what a way to celebrate it :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: 

And though the song was released in 1972, it was recorded on August 09, 1971. Coincidence? :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited: 

FVzXNWu.gifFVzXNWu.gif

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think at this point of both Elton's and Britney's career, it's more than having a hit, but just making magic.

If Elton really asked Britney to do this, knowing her situation, and Britney agreed to do it, despite everything she's said, I think it's something more special than trying to score a hit, but more of a statement, her official comeback after so many years (even if we don't get new music in a while after this) and the first one since she's free. 

It's a treat for Britney, a treat for Elton and a treat for all of us. Plus as I mentioned above, it's the 50th anniversary of the song, so it's also a celebration too.

If it becomes a hit, that'll be a plus, but now more than ever we should stop caring about it, because it's definitely not the purpose of this collaboration, or at least that's how I see it 

Ohhh u know ppl want britney because they feel her buzz rn would generate a hit. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block