Rolling Stone: What the hell happened to Justin Timberlake?

I never liked him and it is not  that I think he os guilty of anything Britney related. I think he is heavier than a brick. Why someone who once was so successful ended up here? First, because some of his best things were always borrowed and never acknowledged. He clung onto his ex, to his victim narrative, then to other women, to black culture and never even recognized it. His Superbowl performance was awful and the Prince tribute cringe af and exploitative. 

He is an awful actor, yet he has always acted as if he were da sheit Spielberg was waiting for. Musically, he did not evolve at all. His last album was a mess. In the business, you are as good as your last work and thst was terrible.His whole aesthetic was country lame. He was neither foll, not country nor pop. It was bad in every sense.

He used to seem to be likeable back in the day with the SNL skits. Then, you saw his attitude in an interview and it was over.

Also, that clip of him trying to pull an iconic dance step and failing miserably is indeed cringy, not only for his outfit and awful delivery, but his history of taking creatively without giving credit.

I don’t get how an artist is not allowed to write about what’s happening in their life … if he was cheated on he can write a song about 

Taylor Swift 

Olivia Rodrigo

Selena Gomez 

have all done it … 

im not a huge fan but just don’t think knocking him down for his artistry is necessary 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

You guys are acting like his responsible to what happened to Britney. Britney chose Kevin. He did one song about her but nobody sees a problem when Taylors does 99999 songs about her ex beau.

You really think the only public wrong Justin did to Britney was recording Cry Me a River? I know you're not that ignorant, so why you are you doing this? :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

8 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

I don’t get how an artist is not allowed to write about what’s happening in their life … if he was cheated on he can write a song about 

Taylor Swift 

Olivia Rodrigo

Selena Gomez 

have all done it … 

im not a huge fan but just don’t think knocking him down for his artistry is necessary 

Oooh, so you're not a huge fan? Then maybe you should ask a huge fan about how many times Justin publicly shaded Britney throughout the years before you tell us to stop knocking him and his phoney artistry.  As soon as Timaland beats dried up, so did Justins career.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, cubasterd said:

Oooh, so you're not a huge fan? Then maybe you should ask a huge fan about how many times Justin publicly shaded Britney throughout the years before you tell us to stop knocking him and his phoney artistry.  As soon as Timaland beats dried up, so did Justins career.

I followed his career . Just not a huge fan. Also I think his last two albums he stepped away from Timbaland

in Justin’s defense .. can’t stop this feeling was one of his biggest tracks and won him a Grammy .. so idk. 

32 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

I followed his career . Just not a huge fan. Also I think his last two albums he stepped away from Timbaland

in Justin’s defense .. can’t stop this feeling was one of his biggest tracks and won him a Grammy .. so idk. 

A song from a movie soundtrack, which most people don't know exist. I'm sure whatever studio produced that movie also paid for that Grammy. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

14 minutes ago, cubasterd said:

A song from a movie soundtrack, which most people don't know exist. I'm sure whatever studio produced that movie also paid for that Grammy. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

1.3 billion streams! 

I don’t even care for him but facts are facts … he’s the most successful male artist from the Teen Pop era and many could argue he has been more successful that our girl in the past decade. 

Just now, devilsadvocate said:

1.3 billion streams! 

I don’t even care for him but facts are facts … he’s the most successful male artist from the Teen Pop era.

Ooooh. So they paid for those too?   :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

And, for some reason, I'm more inclined to believe that Eminem is the most successful male artist from that era. Can you check that? :trash_throw_away_recycle:

I cannot stand this j3rk but even I am surprised at all the hate he's receiving lately. That TikTok of him silly dancing was just that, people blew it way out of proportion.

I feel like once he was outed for being a misogynistic egocentric bish and he tried to apologise however he could with his narrow minded brain, that was enough. Now he's older and uninspired, let him reap what he sowed...

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block