Demi Lovato's tour isn't selling well

It's because everyone is over the pity party they throw. Every album has pretty much been about their struggles which then comes along another documentary. Like come on now, rise up and find strength! Move beyond those barriers Demetria. But yeah, love their music, not them. 

• Like 6

Let’s see she said gender reveal is homophobic, she sang to aliens, she was non binary now she’s a girl again, she has overdosed and then claim to be “Cali sober”, and the list goes on. She has the problem Britney had years ago when her antics were more talked about than her music. The difference is Britney was Americas sweetheart and hit “icon” status. Had a whole breakdown and released one of the best pop albums of all time. Demi needs a hit record or she’s done….which I think she’s done 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Well I think she promote her new music before going on tour. She has no easy, she was at her peak with the "tell me you love me era" and then all was thrown away. I know she strugle with addiction, and relapse it's something that happens, but if she want to came back to the music work it out. 

The art of starting over was a good album but the promotion was messy and the whole era was a ****. She could have exploited the BOYS on the album, make a better promotion, but it didn't happen. 

• Like 1

Y’all are right. It could easily be argued that tying their image/music so tightly to the topic of addiction is solely responsible for tanking their career.

Their team should take note that Demi’s most popular hits (Cool For the Summer, Solo, Give Your Heart a Break) are pure feel-good fluff pop. That’s what Demi should be making. They have an *incredible* voice and can sell a solid pop hook. But no one wants to be made to feel uncomfortable with all this addiction and **** talk. It’s not uplifting, it’s not powerful - it’s depressing. I don’t know why they assumed that throwing a punk/rock sound onto the subject matter would somehow make it more palatable…?

Frankly, lots of us have dealt first-hand with addiction issues, whether it be observing it with parents, siblings or even ourselves. No one wants to be reminded of that every single time they listen to some music. Period. 

• Like 1

I like Skin Of My Teeth, but a good song (which tbh is kinda a Hole rip off) doesn’t take the sour taste she’s put in peoples mouth over the years away. 

She really needs to take a long period of time off and do a lot of therapy. It’s obvious she has issues and she’s never really done the work to get better. She’s just kind of insufferable with the things she says, every article I read about her is cringe after cringe. The quality of her music is really inconsistent too. Like Tell Me You Love was a really good album, but that one she put out last year… not so great. Also, I’ve seen her live once at a festival during the Confident era… I don’t know if it was just an off day, but she really was just screaming and it gave me a headache. Part of me wants to root for her, but not until she gets her act together. Even the fact that she called her new album holy **** is so cringe. I’d rather support Selena or Miley, they have better catalogs and just aren’t so annoying. 

• Like 1
Just now, maki93 said:

Maybe a Vegas residency? :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

A residency? Possibly. In Vegas? Nooooooo way. I doubt Demi would want to do it, and even if they did - people go to Vegas to party and get messed up. Demi doesn’t really appeal to those crowds anymore. People aren’t going to leave a Demi concert excited to hit the bar and gamble… 

• Like 3

That's what she deserve after attacking that FROYO shop for no reason at all. She / They (dunno what Demi identify / ies as now) willfully destroyed her / their career with the non-stopping theatrical antics about being this, being that. Then the looks and her / their role as this politically correct woke police officer - it must have destroyed the perception the gp had about her / them. Now she / them is / are facing the music. Do not feel an ounce of pity for her / them. She / Them had this coming. Hopefully, this will help to humble her / them. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 2
  • Haha 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block