Demi Lovato's tour isn't selling well

What’s truly shocking to me is that Demi thinks there is still a marketable audience for themselves. 

there isn’t. Almost no one can stand her pretentious, problematic behind. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: As talented as she is, she’s a complete mess. I hope she gets help though, cause like I said she’s got a huuuge amount of talent but it’s totally overshadowed by her personal life, and for her it doesn’t translate into success. If I were Demi, I’d be making some serious changes in my life before dragging her brand further through the mud with her personal nonsense. Literally a perfect example of someone who needs someone close to them to tell them “stop”. 

• Like 5

maybe she should comeback to acting. it is enough music from her. and honestly with all sympathy to her addiction problem it is just too many songs   about it. She needs to focus on her health and maybe then comeback with some role in musical . I mean she is talented right. It is just feels like they try to exploit her addiction and it really feels unhealthy.

• Like 1

I'm all for someone "becoming themselves" but she's overly in your face with it and never stfu...

She always opinionated on things that doesn't involve her...

Has a mullet...

...and sings to ghosts on Netflix.

I'm hardly surprised people aren't flocking to buy tickets to her shows.

She needs to take it back to her talent, she doesn't need to stand on stage in a gown like Adele and sing ballads but there's something inauthentic about her image.

But she's talented there's no question about that.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

People in this thread keep commenting on their addiction issues. One person even said they feel like they exploits their addiction making songs about it. As someone who struggles with addiction and has lost a lot over the years, addiction isn’t a one time thing. It haunts you for life. It’s fatal. And it’s not easy. It’s hard. It defies logic and sensibleness. I admire that they write and sing about it. There’s not a lot of discussion around addiction in pop culture despite it plaguing so many. Sure, they could keep it private but that doesn’t help others who are struggling in silence. 

They’ve acted out and said things that I feel were immature, but again as someone who struggles with addiction too, I’ve said things and did things I regret. 

I don’t think burning them at the stake for their mistakes is right. It’s obvious they need to take some time away for themselves. Healing is such a long journey. The tour not selling is an indicator of the consequences of their actions for sure but we don’t have to be mean about it. It’s sad. They’re so talented. I hope they can manage to swing things back in the right direction. 

Side note: I wrote this with “she/her” the whole way and had to fuc*ing edit the **** out of my response to replace with “they/them”! It’s so hard to not use s**-specific pronouns by default. Grrr haha. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lo1o said:

Demi has a great voice and some good songs, but she needs to get a new gig! All she does is talk about her addiction and how she almost died. We GET it! How many documentaries has she released saying the same ****! 

Couldn't agree more. When she put out her third documentary about her issues, I, someone who's seen her live and bought multiple albums, was like...ugh, here we go again. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block