How many copies can Britney's next era debut with in 2022 (album, singles etc)?

4 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

It doesn't matter. Our girl has nothing to prove.

How can I be mentally stable when I have to deal with people like that :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Pray for your boy Henry :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

No one said it mattered. No one said she had something to prove. It's just a speculation :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Maybe I'm wrong but this type of posts always seem very passive-aggressive to me and I feel like someone is putting words in my mouth and throwing shade at me for something I didn't even say :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

6 minutes ago, Henry Torres said:

No one said it mattered. No one said she had something to prove. It's just a speculation :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Maybe I'm wrong but this type of posts always seem very passive-aggressive to me and I feel like someone is putting words in my mouth and throwing shade at me for something I didn't even say :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

If you agree that it doesn't matter and she has nothing to prove then why are you speculating? Don't put your dirty concious on me :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

If you agree that it doesn't matter and she has nothing to prove then why are you speculating? Don't put your dirty concious on me :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

You really thought you ate this one :emma: You misspelled conscious btw :gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip::tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Umm I'm speculating because... I live? And that's what human brain does? Can you relate a little? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare::gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

Spoiler

I threw a shade :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite::jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: And I ate that a little tbh :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite::emma::whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Whatever she does next (if anything) I hate to say it like this because it sounds negative, but I feel like she’d really need to revamp her whole release strategy, promo, the music obviously has to be special (I’m sorry BJ is NOT it, and even Glory just still has something missing), and that all takes a LOT of time and work - which is certainly something she is capable of but not something I see her wanting to do….

But anyways if she doesn’t do this, I really could see her next debut being bigger than BJ/Glory numbers-wise just due to GP interest post #freebritney but they’d just kinda fall off. I guess my point is I don’t think a project would really have all that much longevity because I just don’t believe Britney wants it 

also I think topics like this can be fun, it’s not mean-spirited I don’t feel like unless you just spin it off that way. :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

• Like 2

I think she can do well if things are set up smoothly with promotion. I love to see her promotion kinda like Harry styles previous era and latest era. Both albums have done well with pure sales in the week of release. Also I wouldn't mind them taking this risk and not have them release the album on streaming services immediately. Kinda like adele 25 era where she did have the album on streaming services until June 2016 , 7 months after it released. I think she will do well if promotion and hype for the album is on point. She comes from the era where most people including fans would probably buy the physical copies and with vinyls male a stronger comeback in sales it possible she could open with highest sales since circus (505,000 first week). Reality for me (300,000 - 500,000/700,00's). Dream for me (700,000-900,000's)

Weird topic as it’s up to Britney if she wants another era but…

here my thoughts:

if Britney pulled a Circus era and drop  a December 2021 single right after the conservativeship ended it would of debut at #1 and stay for minimum 2 weeks…(we have to remember that on demand) song with no promo  did pretty well on iTunes. So with all the new attention and the locals on her side song would do great numbers. For album I wish she dropped it around April 2022 it would do amzing! Also having that Oprah interview to support it and her side of the story I think it would have done around 400,000+ (sales ain’t the same anymore) still be higher than glory and BJ very similar to circus how it gave her a resurge in her career…of course her happiness and clarity is way more important she has nothing to prove to us just an idea if she capitalized on that moment.

from rumors etc she will be dropping her book the end of 2022.. I think that is going to help give her similar attention as last year… tho the locals are sadly already starting to make dumb comments like she needs to be in conship again etc based on her just living her life. I think it won’t be as huge as last year but we have to remember she was awarded $15 mil they are gonna promote the hell out of that book! So if Britney drops a single during that time (like a **** you to her family and haters) it will debut at #1. There are rumors she is going to me on the Barbie soundtrack and Icon show which airs this later this year so who knows… I think she can definitely go top 5 if not number 1. With a single. As far as album if she dropped during the book promotion it will sell 300k+ if not during that time i see it being like 250-275k which is still better than most. Another dope idea would be her doing a one night only performance for a doc style Ala Adele but go on a major streaming service. Britney will and always be a tour artist sadly I know she over it. If she did a residency she’d be 100% sold out every night…   Random rants over haha

• Love 1

Her first single will make or break the era, and with the exception of Make Me, Britney is known for her first single bangers that always debut at number 1 or at least top 10. What she needs is a banger.  

My money is on 100 - 200k album debut at #1 without any promo. However, if we are aiming for 300k+ what she needs is to hide from the public eye for a while and willingly undergo a total makeover; vocal coaching, aesthetic, fresh look and sound then shadow drops the single and album, not too far apart. And please no unnecessary features. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 3

Considering the fact that many of her fans didn't buy her albums / songs because of the con... I believe that if now her fans start buying again + listen legally to her music + the gp will support her this time.. I believe she can sell 125k-175k

And if everything is well calculated and everything is done professionally and not like in her last two eras then even more ..

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I think dropping an album right after the conservatorship ended would have definitely landed her a #1 album, and maybe a #1 single, but that ship has sailed. And we respect her decision not to do so. Bu does it really matter when most albums and songs debut at #1 and then free fall the next week?  :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: 

Also no hate on Adele but 30 did not do well on the charts compared to her previous albums.. Yes she brought the big numbers the first month or so, but the longevity is questionable. We live in the streaming era, so you'd expect people to keep streaming. With the album currently sitting at #76, Taylor's Red is doing better and it is a rerelease (#33).

So with all that being said, it really doesn't matter where Britney debuts, it is a matter of what she wants to do and whether the fans will enjoy the era or not! Besides, her songs are always played heavily in clubs cause the general public enjoys Britney's music on a night out or on a dancefloor (even Make Me/Slumber Party got spins every now and then). I just hope that we get more than 2 singles because glory deserved at-least 3 or 4 more music videos. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Love 2

I’d say anywhere between 150-200k. Just below femme fatale, which these days is a big success. 

With the right PR, amazing visuals and amazing music, I’d say maybe a bit more than that, but the lyrical content has to be there too. Singles like womanizer or TTWE don’t really hit anymore obviously, it would need to sound fresh 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Tbh, I don’t think a lot. Glory didn’t go #1 even when the album is really good, Britney was looking and performing her best, and there was a good amount of good promo (despite the era’s downfalls). That was 5-6 years ago, and album sales have only gone down over time. Her last hit was Work ***** in 2013, and even that is more of a niche pop song, and Scream & Shout before that in 2012 which was 10 years ago. No one seems to know about Slumber Party or Make Me, even with SP being one of Britney’s best music videos with Tinashe in it and G-Eazy on Make Me when he was at his most popular.

None of Britney’s peers from the era of when they were all really successful are really selling well, doing great, or even participating in pop music either (Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy, Nicki, Justin Timberlake, etc.). The brand of pop music and pop culture (performances, music videos, controversy, being rich and famous) that Britney is known for is out of style right now. Authenticity is the hot thing right now.

I would argue Britney isn’t even really known or appreciated for her music at this point, besides maybe Toxic, BOMT, and Oops. She’s more known for her 2000s pop culture/nonstalgia influence and her 2006-2008 struggles. I’m at the beginning of Gen Z, and I think it’s even rare for someone my age to have Britney influence their live so much, let alone younger Gen Zers. Britney debuted the year I was born, so I missed the entire height of her fame and beginning of her career because I was so young.

We are in uncharted territory as far as we don’t really know what kind of music Britney would want to make, what career she wants, and how dedicated she is to having a number one album again too. She hasn’t had control over her career since 2007.  I tend to think that she has little interest in the music industry but she might like to make music for her own therapy. But I also know she’s competitive and maybe there’s something inside of her that wants to prove to people (and her family/team con) of how successful she can be without them.

Then there’s the fact that this whole conservatorship and Britney’s instagram has sort of broken the illusion of the popstar and celebrity that she was. This could benefit her since authenticity is in and the mega rich and famous celebrity popstar is out of popularity, but it could also hurt her popularity since it was what it was known for. Although, I’d argue that the Femme Fatale era, X-Factor era, and Britney Jean already ruined this image a bit since it was pretty obvious Britney was struggling during this time and wasn’t as dedicated to the popstar lifestyle.

I’m not saying she can’t sell well or won’t, I’m just saying the conditions around her would suggest she’s not setup well to sell a whole lot. Britney’s always known how to surprise us, be extremely successful, and break records, so I definitely think it’s still a possibility to sell a lot better than what the conditions I listed above make me think.

That's an interesting point...the one thing Britney always had was star quality and was kinda mysterious... But her insta and situation have kinda shattered that now. 

However the way she has handled everything despite her sometimes rambling posts I would argue have shown an intelligence and deepness to her which people might be interested in and probably haven't saw before. 

It ALL depends on her direction. If she came back and gave us a throwaway dance record or bubblegum pop record, picking up where she left off - then she would flop hard.

Britney is a fxcking intelligent and deep woman and her next project should showcase that. I can either see her coming back with a WHOLE new attitude and slaying or not coming back at all. She's smart, she knows she can't continue business as normal.. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block