How many copies can Britney's next era debut with in 2022 (album, singles etc)?

50-70 k maybe.

Β 

no1 buys albums anymore.Β 

Β 

Even i did not buy Glory even though its one of my fave albums. Where am i supposed to use & play the CD? Computers do not even have CD rom anymore. Why would i waste my money on smth that I would never use?

• Like 2

I don't really pay attention to album sales, so I don't know what would be considered a lot these days, but I think she could do well with the right execution (good music, good video, good performance)

I think since BJ had flopped so hard a lot of people skipped out on Glory which is why Glory didn't do as well as it could have (also very little promo/not many singles for both albums)

But people are interested in her again so if she makes a comeback, it feels very blackout/circus-esque

I think comparing to blackout would be the best comparison because I imagine she wouldn't do much promo and I feel like she's in a bit of a rebellious phase of life. She could make a truly great album but I really couldn't say what the sales would be like especially when you consider just how much the industry as changed with digitalizationΒ 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Let’s be real here, not even Britney’s fans are excited for new music from Britney. I honestly love Britney’s Instagram, but people are not here for this type of content. I’ve brought Instagram up because everything rely on social media. Have you seen Future’s album numbers? We’re talking about Future, I mean… what’s a future next to Britney?Β :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
On 5/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, Urbanney said:

Tbh, I don’t think a lot. Glory didn’t go #1 even when the album is really good, Britney was looking and performing her best, and there was a good amount of good promo (despite the era’s downfalls). That was 5-6 years ago, and album sales have only gone down over time. Her last hit was Work ***** in 2013, and even that is more of a niche pop song, and Scream & Shout before that in 2012 which was 10 years ago. No one seems to know about Slumber Party or Make Me, even with SP being one of Britney’s best music videos with Tinashe in it and G-Eazy on Make Me when he was at his most popular.

None of Britney’s peers from the era of when they were all really successful are really selling well, doing great, or even participating in pop music either (Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy, Nicki, Justin Timberlake, etc.). The brand of pop music and pop culture (performances, music videos, controversy, being rich and famous) that Britney is known for is out of style right now. Authenticity is the hot thing right now.

I would argue Britney isn’t even really known or appreciated for her music at this point, besides maybe Toxic, BOMT, and Oops. She’s more known for her 2000s pop culture/nonstalgia influence and her 2006-2008 struggles. I’m at the beginning of Gen Z, and I think it’s even rare for someone my age to have Britney influence their live so much, let alone younger Gen Zers. Britney debuted the year I was born, so I missed the entire height of her fame and beginning of her career because I was so young.

We are in uncharted territory as far as we don’t really know what kind of music Britney would want to make, what career she wants, and how dedicated she is to having a number one album again too. She hasn’t had control over her career since 2007. Β I tend to think that she has little interest in the music industry but she might like to make music for her own therapy. But I also know she’s competitive and maybe there’s something inside of her that wants to prove to people (and her family/team con) of how successful she can be without them.

Then there’s the fact that this whole conservatorship and Britney’s instagram has sort of broken the illusion of the popstar and celebrity that she was. This could benefit her since authenticity is in and the mega rich and famous celebrity popstar is out of popularity, but it could also hurt her popularity since it was what it was known for. Although, I’d argue that the Femme Fatale era, X-Factor era, and Britney Jean already ruined this image a bit since it was pretty obvious Britney was struggling during this time and wasn’t as dedicated to the popstar lifestyle.

I’m not saying she can’t sell well or won’t, I’m just saying the conditions around her would suggest she’s not setup well to sell a whole lot. Britney’s always known how to surprise us, be extremely successful, and break records, so I definitely think it’s still a possibility to sell a lot better than what the conditions I listed above make me think.

Wow..... Thank you so much for this post. You couldn't be present from the beginning of her career because of your age but you surely have connected with her and have been paying her close attention, otherwise you could not have written those words. It's so comforting having such smart, loving and dedicated fans. If anybody outside the fan base read your post, they would certainly have a concise but accurate idea of Britney's overall persona and current status.

Therefore, not to sound condescending but by the power invested in me by no one ever, I hereby name you an Original Doll*! Now prance, my queen!

* An Original Doll is a Britney fan since 1998. I'm making an exception here with you, the Britney Army can fight me.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Wow..... Thank you so much for this post. You couldn't be present from the beginning of her career because of your age but you surely have connected with her and have been paying her close attention, otherwise you could not have written those words. It's so comforting having such smart, loving and dedicated fans. If anybody outside the fan base read your post, they would certainly have a concise but accurate idea of Britney's overall persona and current status.

Therefore, not to sound condescending but by the power invested in me by no one ever, I hereby name you an Original Doll*! Now prance, my queen!

* An Original Doll is a Britney fan since 1998. I'm making an exception here with you, the Britney Army can fight me.

This is so sweet! Thank you! I’m glad it comes across as accurate.Β 

:kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:Β :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

• Love 1

Jsut depends on how much she wants to dedicate herself to it (and she has every right to choose however much she wants). If she crafted an elaborate era, she could appeal to a lot of people (including gen z) and have an amazing β€˜comeback’. But she may not want thatΒ 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block