How many copies can Britney's next era debut with in 2022 (album, singles etc)?

With a great album, a big “comeback”, great promo, and some hot features - I’d say 300k. The album would debut at #1 and she could easily get another top20 hit, or top 15 if they really go for it. 

If she just throws something out there one day with zero ****s given, then I’d say anywhere from 90 - 120k. 

• Haha 1

If she released a new album this year, and promoted the hell out of it then I easily see 200-250k equivalent album units and it going #1 for a week.

If she released a single with very good promo I also see it charting well, I would guess top 15 at most, but if she joined TikTok and made trends with the song and posts on it like she does ig I could see it getting top 5 however she would have to give it everything she has for a top 5 (aka performances, interviews, and dance trends) unless it's a Gimme More or Toxic kinda song where it's pop perfection with an incredible catchy hook.

I still purchase CD, Vinyl, and cassette as I love collecting music physically however in this streaming world I believe she could pull it off.

On 5/28/2022 at 6:42 AM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I can guarantee it won’t sell more than 200,000 copies but it’ll definitely debut in the top 5.

It will depend on lead single..I’d it’s something like Gimmi more or womanizer..the album will be a smash hit

if something like HIAM or make me the album will struggle…she need at least 3 top 5 before releasing an album

As many people say up here, it all depends on her image. I don't think the typical Britney era would work rn. Pop music doesn't top the charts, unless is something really, really interesting like Future Nostalgia, which britney could easily pull, specially since the y2k, 00s aesthetic is so in rn. 

On the other hand, she could go the taylor route and release something like Folklore right after the book and an interview that has the world talking, and that would make a BIG first week (in streams) but idk if that's what most fans would want for her. 

If I had to be extremely delusional, I'd die for an album with some pop bangers like Future Nostalgia, but enough mid tempo, slow tracks with ACTUAL lyrics that are connected to the book. That would sell for sure and would leave fans pleased (I suppose) 

Also, since she's literally not biting her tongue anymore, it'd be fun if she made a song that is obviously directed at Justin Timberlake and that'd 100% make the album go #1 if it's released  all together in the same week. Honestly that'd be so fun. 

Add extra spice if there are songs (classy enough) that send Xtina, Kevin, her family and the media under the bus

And, finally, she would need some collabs. Good ones, like idk Jack Harlow or Lil Nas, Miley or Nicki Minaj/Doja Cat 

9 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

You think Britney’s next release is going to outsell BOMT? 

well… 

Season 5 Idk GIF by Friends

maybe…who knows? but judging by her latest releases imma have to say no 

but if you are referring to nothing left to prove thing, i didn’t mean it in number of sales wise… there other ways to push yourself and do better each time you try smth and by doing it you are proving to yourself that you are capable of anything if you put your mind to it 

i don’t care about proving haters wrong or the GP, im talking about self growth and self love 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block